Official The Batman Thread

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Hush makes the most sense sense if the next movie is about developing the dual identity to help Gotham. Tommy Elliot is a direct result of the Waynes and of the Falcone’s criminal empire.

Riddler was just mad at his lot in life and the abuse of the renewal fund.

Someone who Batman would want to save as atonement for his father’s mistake. Riddler could have died in the flood and Batman wouldn’t have cared.

Breh you literally just described The Riddler in this movie.

Riddler here was a face wrapped trench coat wearing killer and orphan with an obsession with Bruce Wayne due to something Bruce Wayne's father did. That is literally Hush.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Breh you literally just described The Riddler in this movie.

Riddler here was a face wrapped trench coat wearing killer and orphan with an obsession with Bruce Wayne due to something Bruce Wayne's father did. That is literally Hush.

:gucci:

Riddler was an orphan. Not because of the Wayne’s or Falcone.

If Thomas was alive the Renewal fund wouldn’t have been exploited. Falcone didn’t target Edward.

Riddler was just mad cause Bruce was treated better as an orphan because he has money. Not because of anything he or his father did to him personally.

Hush’s father is dead because of Wayne and Falcone.

You’re graphing the comic Hush onto the movie Riddler. That’s not what the movie sets up.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Nah. It’s third.

The Batmobile chase is the only thing this movie does better than either of Nolan’s first two flicks.

The relationship between Batman and Alfred in BB/TDK is phenomenal. The story about the bandit, still haven’t given up on me.

Gordon is more developed in Nolan’s movies. Nolan’s entire police were corrupt. The DA was knocked off and it wasn’t even investigated. Just a reality.

Bruce’s emotional state of wanting to kill Joe Chill and Rachel slapping him for understanding how much everyone else was hurting too.
Nah It’s 2nd

You really prefer Batman Begins cause you like Wayne’s relationship with Alfred :mjlol: bro I’m taking about movies in total

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Nah It’s 2nd

You really prefer Batman Begins cause you like Wayne’s relationship with Alfred :mjlol: bro I’m taking about movies in total
I said in comparing things both movies did. I cared more about Bruce and Alfred in BB than the cold distant version in Batman.

You think the director didn’t want people to care about Batman rushing back to Alfred’s side after the explosion?

Nevah

Pool_Shark

Daps
I said in comparing things both movies did. I cared more about Bruce and Alfred in BB than the cold distant version in Batman.

You think the director didn’t want people to care about Batman rushing back to Alfred’s side after the explosion?

Nevah
Yeah you’re right in that sense. Alfred was barely in the movie.

I’ve seen most of the Christopher Nolan movie theater releases and I’m just kind tired of the way he makes movies. I’ll still watch.

This Batman movie was all style. So many superhero movies are careful not to take themselves too seriously these days. This one didn’t shy away from it all. It almost felt like a movie made in another older time. It was refreshing because it let you know it was fantasy but also it was still a Batman movie. I don’t feel like Batman Begins was as ambitious as this movie. The Batman even runs at 3hrs. Matt Reeves took so many risks with this film and for the most part it paid off.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Yeah you’re right in that sense. Alfred was barely in the movie.

I’ve seen most of the Christopher Nolan movie theater releases and I’m just kind tired of the way he makes movies. I’ll still watch.

This Batman movie was all style. So many superhero movies are careful not to take themselves too seriously these days. This one didn’t shy away from it all. It almost felt like a movie made in another older time. It was refreshing because it let you know it was fantasy but also it was still a Batman movie. I don’t feel like Batman Begins was as ambitious as this movie. The Batman even runs at 3hrs. Matt Reeves took so many risks with this film and for the most part it paid off.
I still haven’t fully figured out my feelings about this movie but this is part of what makes me feel so confused about this movie.

When BB or TDK comes on regular tv I watch certain scenes cause they command my attention(pencil scene, docks fight, Ra’s temple, Bruce at mob club). But outside of the Batmobile scene, I can’t imagine watching parts of this movie. The Riddler was just kind of there, he didn’t command my attention. Catwoman was really great but nothing in her scenes was I need to see that again.

Like the movie is 8/10 but I’ve never had a movie that high that lacks visual attention.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Lol @ dudes that wanted mindless action and explosions. Maybe some cheesy one liners woulda sealed da deal too.

Damn... :wow: :wow:

Yeah.. not sure what people were expecting. By people i mean the few detractors here. Everyone in the real world loves it. Guess they really did want some simple minded sh-t... but that just tells me they've never actually read Batman before..

Pool_Shark

Daps
I still haven’t fully figured out my feelings about this movie but this is part of what makes me feel so confused about this movie.

When BB or TDK comes on regular tv I watch certain scenes cause they command my attention(pencil scene, docks fight, Ra’s temple, Bruce at mob club). But outside of the Batmobile scene, I can’t imagine watching parts of this movie. The Riddler was just kind of there, he didn’t command my attention. Catwoman was really great but nothing in here scenes was I need to see that again.

Like the movie is 8/10 but I’ve never had a movie that high that lacks visual attention.
Not trying to argue, we’re just talking.

the scene at the beginning when Batman comes out and takes out those goons, him an Catwoman kissing at the break of Dawn, Batman chasing down Penguin then being upside down like a bat would, Batman escaping from the GCPD. Batman and Catwoman going in different directions. Batman lighting the way, coming out of the shadows, when he finally can see the light at the end

i need to watch it again but this movie has a ton of memorable scenes.

I gotta disagree with saying the Riddler was just there. Paul Dano was great. Maybe while you’re watching the movie but later when you realize he’s supposed a combination of the Zodiac killer/Qanon dorks/and the Riddler,his character, makes more sense.

This was a good breakdown of the movie

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Not trying to argue, we’re just talking.

the scene at the beginning when Batman comes out and takes out those goons, him an Catwoman kissing at the break of Dawn, Batman chasing down Penguin then being upside down like a bat would, Batman escaping from the GCPD. Batman and Catwoman going in different directions. Batman lighting the way, coming out of the shadows, when he finally can see the light at the end

Walking out the shadows is great but the fight afterwards isn’t memorable.

The Batmobile chase is great but it ends weird to me when it holds on him on his knees looking at the screen.

I did love the Bat/Cat split. But again, it felt like the movie should have been a Batman Catwoman movie(like 92) instead of a Riddler-Batman movie. The two parts of the movie didn’t gel well.

I gotta disagree with saying the Riddler was just there. Paul Dano was great. Maybe while you’re watching the movie but later when you realize he’s supposed a combination of the Zodiac killer/Qanon dorks/and the Riddler,his character, makes more sense.

This was a good breakdown of the movie
]
The fact Riddler and Batman don’t share scenes until the end hurts it for me.

When I get excited about Batman and Catwoman(92) it’s the scenes of them together. Joker and Batman(89 and 08).
This is true of most superhero movies for me. “What did it cost you?” line hits because of the scenes of him and Gamora interacting face to face.

I get the Zodiac reference. But part of the mystery of Zodiac is they are always chasing him. I know who the Riddler is and why he’s doing it fairly early on. There’s no mystery.

The fact I don’t like the Arena setup drags the excitement for me(maybe it will get better when I see it again)

edit: the reason I don’t rewatch TDKR is because I don’t care about the interactions except for the Alfred/ Bruce scenes and the climb.

Last edited:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The next logical step is Batman and Robin

Let the movie take place...5 years from now

He is established, he is unfukkwitable now. Develops a relationship with a reporter Vikki Vale who is following Bruce Waynes recent philantrophic pursuits and attempts to help continue the work he started with Belle Real after The Flood.

They're out one night...Alfred keeps asking him to develop some sort of social life because he can't be The Batman forever

Bruce witnesses, of course, dikk Graysons family murdered by Tony Zucco who works for the newly released Sal Maroni

Maroni of course wants revenge against the Batman but will settle for the piece of shyt DA, Harvey Dent, who insists on meddling in his business

We get Robin. We get Two Face. We get Bruce having to explain to dikk (when he gets Zucco) that revenge has its limits and if they're gonna be partners, there has to be an understanding of that.

Etc. etc.

Simple...make it happen!