Official The Batman Thread

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
The pacing was unbelievably slow to me. It starts with just a taste of action, no major setpiece or anything, and then it bogs down to a long investigative segment for what seems like a hour before you get real action again, and then it slows down again. Not to mention all the fukking whispering, there's zero voice projection or energy brought to the movie. It's a very low energy movie and no one is there to break up the monotone feel, in reality that person should have been Gordon, Penguin or Catwoman, to an extent Catwoman does but not enough, she spends most of the movie whispering and scowling too.

I didn't think Riddler was a very strong villain whatsoever, and this interpretation of him I wasn't a huge fan of. It's a somewhat realistic take, but he has zero charisma or aura, and the riddles themselves seemed inconsequential until the very end.

Lastly I didn't think Pattinson was a good Batman OR Bruce Wayne. He's the worst one to me by far, he doesn't pull off the look, his voice doesn't project, and when he's not playing Batman he spends most of his time looking sad and brooding. I find that in most good adaptations of Batman, Bruce knows how to blend in with a crowd and have a good time, he's very charismatic and knows how to get people to do what he wants, Pattinson seems far from that. He has school shooter energy just like the Riddler, and neither one of those characters are supposed to be portrayed that way.
:wow:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Why would a sequel be compared to the 1st movie.. That's not a proper comp. The proper comp would be Batman Begins. They are both great in their own ways but The Batman does a lot more with story and side characters than Begins. it does more with Gotham as a whole.
The Dark Knight and The Batman are the proper comparison because of the timeline of the stories. They both have been Batman for sometime by then. Batman Begins is an origins story.

Daps
The Dark Knight and The Batman are the proper comparison because of the timeline of the stories. They both have been Batman for sometime by then. Batman Begins is an origins story.

The Batman in “The Batman” has literally only been Batman for a year

And it not about origin stories. Just 1st movie.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

What? :mjlol:

Breh... that's not anywhere close to what i meant. When you are constructing a franchise there are beats to follow. The Batman and Batman Begins are the comp because they are the 1st movie where you introduce all of the characters and side characters.. you introduce Batman and what type of Batman he's going to be and you introduce Gotham as it's own character.

The fist movie is about intros/setup for the sequels... The Batman managed to tell an engaging story all while accomplishing those same goals. That's why the movie needed the extra running time. it had a lot to do. And it was damn near flawless in execution. :wow:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
For the record.

I loved both movies and wasn’t trying to take a shot at one over the other. I’m a DC Stan :mjgrin:

Secondly, I feel where some are coming from but let’s not act like people haven’t compared a 1st movie to a 2nd or 3rd in a trilogy before:russ:

If it was acceptable then it’s acceptable now:mjlol:

Court is adjourned

giphy.gif

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What? :mjlol:

Breh... that's not anywhere close to what i meant. When you are constructing a franchise there are beats to follow. The Batman and Batman Begins are the comp because they are the 1st movie where you introduce all of the characters and side characters.. you introduce Batman and what type of Batman he's going to be and you introduce Gotham as it's own character.

The fist movie is about intros/setup for the sequels... The Batman managed to tell an engaging story all while accomplishing those same goals. That's why the movie needed the extra running time. it had a lot to do. And it was damn near flawless in execution. :wow:
It's not as good as Batman Begins either.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I dunno why y'all want to see the same damn villains who already part of another grounded universe :mjlol:

Like what is the point? they're only going to make probably just another two of these and some of you just want do overs?:what:

Some of you saying Hush too as if Riddler in this movie wasn't already a combination of Hush and Riddler?
Hush makes the most sense sense if the next movie is about developing the dual identity to help Gotham. Tommy Elliot is a direct result of the Waynes and of the Falcone’s criminal empire.

Riddler was just mad at his lot in life and the abuse of the renewal fund.

Someone who Batman would want to save as atonement for his father’s mistake. Riddler could have died in the flood and Batman wouldn’t have cared.

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
If it wasn’t for Heath Ledgers Joker this would be the best Batman film.
Nah. It’s third.

The Batmobile chase is the only thing this movie does better than either of Nolan’s first two flicks.

The relationship between Batman and Alfred in BB/TDK is phenomenal. The story about the bandit, still haven’t given up on me.

Gordon is more developed in Nolan’s movies. Nolan’s entire police were corrupt. The DA was knocked off and it wasn’t even investigated. Just a reality.

Bruce’s emotional state of wanting to kill Joe Chill and Rachel slapping him for understanding how much everyone else was hurting too.