Official The Batman Thread

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't like the movie because Batman and Gordon were terrible detectives that didn't accomplish anything besides helping the Riddler and couldn't figure anything out.

Him and Gordon accidentally sent the files to the media like it was set up for them.

They misread the clues about the rat after Riddler pointed them right to him. It was fairly obvious who it was if you thought about it, even without the clues.

They only knew who the rat was because Catwoman handed them a taped confession.

They only caught the Riddler because he turned himself in after killing his targets.

Batman didn't figure out Riddler's Endgame until he saw a video confession of it and was too late to stop it.

What did Batman do that couldn't have been done by competent cops?

Dismissing the fact that the Riddler has a superior IQ which is comic book accurate. The only real mistake that Batman and Gordon made was misinterpreting the Spanish riddle which led to a false assumption of the Penguin was involved. That said, those chain of events led to Selina finding out about the death of her friend and tracking down the person who did it and the taped recording. Detective work and investigating is never perfect science. And you have to take into consideration of bad timing. It would of been worse and cliche had Batman solved and stopped everything in the nick of time. I appreciate the fact that he couldn't stop things from coming to fruition and through it and because of it, Batman grew more than being just a vigilante which is more of the point than just "solving the case".

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The pacing was unbelievably slow to me. It starts with just a taste of action, no major setpiece or anything, and then it bogs down to a long investigative segment for what seems like a hour before you get real action again, and then it slows down again. Not to mention all the fukking whispering, there's zero voice projection or energy brought to the movie. It's a very low energy movie and no one is there to break up the monotone feel, in reality that person should have been Gordon, Penguin or Catwoman, to an extent Catwoman does but not enough, she spends most of the movie whispering and scowling too.

I didn't think Riddler was a very strong villain whatsoever, and this interpretation of him I wasn't a huge fan of. It's a somewhat realistic take, but he has zero charisma or aura, and the riddles themselves seemed inconsequential until the very end.

Lastly I didn't think Pattinson was a good Batman OR Bruce Wayne. He's the worst one to me by far, he doesn't pull off the look, his voice doesn't project, and when he's not playing Batman he spends most of his time looking sad and brooding. I find that in most good adaptations of Batman, Bruce knows how to blend in with a crowd and have a good time, he's very charismatic and knows how to get people to do what he wants, Pattinson seems far from that. He has school shooter energy just like the Riddler, and neither one of those characters are supposed to be portrayed that way.
this

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Matt Reeves said dont expect the joker to play any major role in his movies. I assume that Arkham Asylum show will feature the Joker.

im fine with that... We need to discuss Court of Owls into existence. And anyone who says Batman was emo doesn't understand what emo means :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
do you even realize how non credible you sound considering you decided you didn't like this movie before it even came out?

you were trashing this movie nearly two years ago

now here we are nearly two weeks after its successful release and overwhelming positive reception and you are still hating

Yeah... exactly. :pachaha: