Official The Batman Thread

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Main thing CB version has off the bat is he’s already a balanced bruce/Batman but that’s really where it ends.

Batman Begins had one scene where it showed Batman struggling and he was not even Batman. After that scene, Bruce had it all figured out :mjlol:

The following scene this dude is an expert on the job

Yeah I salute Matt Reeve for showing a young Batman that is still trying to figure it out on the job. Dude was taking a bunch of unnecessary hits and gun shots. Its time for Bruce to acquire some smoke screen grenades and use the shadows more in the sequel.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don’t recall any previous Batman having eyeliner

They wore it when wearing the cowl, but once the mask was removed the eye liner would disappear for some reason. Matt Reeves was the first director to keep the make up on Bruce before putting on and removing the mask. It was alway an inside joke with the films that the eyeliner would magically disappear.

Watch this scene, notice how the eyeliner disappears right before the mask is removed.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Batman Begins had one scene where it showed Batman struggling and he was not even Batman. After that scene, Bruce had it all figured out :mjlol:

The following scene this dude is an expert on the job

This is Nolan's Bruce/Batman breh, he's a fast learner.

Become an expert crime fighter after one night, recover from a broken back, escape an underground prison and make it back to Gotham in 5 months, no problem.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This is Nolan's Bruce/Batman breh, he's a fast learner.

Become an expert crime fighter after one night, recover from a broken back, escape an underground prison and make it back to Gotham in 5 months, no problem.

Also lets not forget how Bruce/Batman was so covert to sneak back into Gotham and do this

zKepDA.gif

Last edited:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
When I was watching this joint, I thought the angle they’re were going to explore, and it’s something they can still do — is make the Riddler the son of the murdered reporter. He grew up in an dreadful orphanage after his father’s murder. His hatred of the Wayne’s and Gotham’s corruption would then make complete sense. As he’s currently positioned (until the last act), he’s kinda an incredibly wayward do-gooder. He hates Bruce so much because Thomas killed his father attempting to protect Bruce’s mom, but the riddler never even had a mother. The whole city mourned the loss of the Wayne’s, and was concerned about Bruce; but who was concerned about the son of a dead reporter? I also think the Riddler should have known Bruce was Batman, but eh.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Seen it yesterday and it's a 7/10 for me. I've been a Batman fan since the TAS days so I never miss one and was kinda disappointed a bit ultimately. The very first trailer with the brutal red figjt scene had me hype and I didnt watch any other trailer so I expected more action than I got.

Pros
- very good score, the Batman theme is phenomenal. The sound of the Batmobile starting up was beautiful.
- first 10 minutes are classic, just an overall creshendo about Gotham until the fight scene with perfect music as the introduction of the main character.
- some great shots
-when Oz is upside down and Batman becomes a Bat figuratively
- the beacon in the stadium
- the hallway fight when Bats get out of the elevator
- excellent Gotham feel, closest to the TAS days to me
- Zoe Kravitz is not a good actress by any means but she's forgiven :ohlawd: That short hair look is stunning
- the grittiness of the fights really feels like the Arkham games. I just wished there were more fist fights even if the choreo isnt great

Cons
- Slow af to the point of boredom. I get that it's similar to how Batman is in the cartoon but that works there not in an action movie. Like when he takes the message from the rat/bat cage, dude moves his hand at negative speed, it was annoying
- Selina romance doesnt make sense if Batman isnt Bruce Wayne IMO. Feels like it's too soon for the character.
- Plenty of stuff/reveal fell flat to me
- when Falcone is revealed to be the real boss, it was meh
- when Batman is facing the shotgun, it was obvious Catwoman was going to save him
- when Falcone is strangling Cat, it's obvious Bats is about to save her
- it was obvious Thomas Wayne had a role in the whole mess since the start
- Dano overplays Riddler IMO. The character is good but the madness seems over the top but I guess that's how Dano plays. And I expected Riddler to be the son of the murdered journo for him to have such a personal grudge to Bruce.
- the racing between Bat and Cat...
- there are some shots that felt cheap
- when the camera is attached to Bat's head while he escapes the police station flying
- when the camera is on the car in the Penguin pursuit. The chase overall is a bit messy and the rain doesnt help at all
- the Bats to the police station doesnt make sense. Dude gets KO'd by the explosion and you're telling me he got transported as is to the station
- Bats to the Batmobile is nonsensical. Dude gets hit by a rain of bullets, is struggling to get back up then all of a sudden he's in the car

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I know and agree this movie was dope…. But this thread ain’t been popping like some other blockbuster movie threads

Normally we’d be on 700-800 pages now.:dwillhuh:

May need to up the fukkery and some of y’all know what that means :mjlit:

Sidenote

Hush and Bane in a No Man land’s arc

Hugo Strange, Professor Pyg, and Court of Owls in the final movie.

Catwoman rides shotgun through the whole trilogy

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And the movie was average.
do you even realize how non credible you sound considering you decided you didn't like this movie before it even came out?

you were trashing this movie nearly two years ago

now here we are nearly two weeks after its successful release and overwhelming positive reception and you are still hating

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Seen it yesterday and it's a 7/10 for me. I've been a Batman fan since the TAS days so I never miss one and was kinda disappointed a bit ultimately. The very first trailer with the brutal red figjt scene had me hype and I didnt watch any other trailer so I expected more action than I got.

Pros
- very good score, the Batman theme is phenomenal. The sound of the Batmobile starting up was beautiful.
- first 10 minutes are classic, just an overall creshendo about Gotham until the fight scene with perfect music as the introduction of the main character.
- some great shots
-when Oz is upside down and Batman becomes a Bat figuratively
- the beacon in the stadium
- the hallway fight when Bats get out of the elevator
- excellent Gotham feel, closest to the TAS days to me
- Zoe Kravitz is not a good actress by any means but she's forgiven :ohlawd: That short hair look is stunning
- the grittiness of the fights really feels like the Arkham games. I just wished there were more fist fights even if the choreo isnt great

Cons
- Slow af to the point of boredom. I get that it's similar to how Batman is in the cartoon but that works there not in an action movie. Like when he takes the message from the rat/bat cage, dude moves his hand at negative speed, it was annoying
- Selina romance doesnt make sense if Batman isnt Bruce Wayne IMO. Feels like it's too soon for the character.
- Plenty of stuff/reveal fell flat to me
- when Falcone is revealed to be the real boss, it was meh
- when Batman is facing the shotgun, it was obvious Catwoman was going to save him
- when Falcone is strangling Cat, it's obvious Bats is about to save her
- it was obvious Thomas Wayne had a role in the whole mess since the start
- Dano overplays Riddler IMO. The character is good but the madness seems over the top but I guess that's how Dano plays. And I expected Riddler to be the son of the murdered journo for him to have such a personal grudge to Bruce.
- the racing between Bat and Cat...
- there are some shots that felt cheap
- when the camera is attached to Bat's head while he escapes the police station flying
- when the camera is on the car in the Penguin pursuit. The chase overall is a bit messy and the rain doesnt help at all
- the Bats to the police station doesnt make sense. Dude gets KO'd by the explosion and you're telling me he got transported as is to the station
- Bats to the Batmobile is nonsensical. Dude gets hit by a rain of bullets, is struggling to get back up then all of a sudden he's in the car
On the Selina Batman thing, I think that was about her knowing he was broken whoever he ways “I take in strays” (paraphrasing) and Him wanting some sort of connection. I bet she’s back and probably figured it out next movie

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
No, this movie needed to be made because Batflecks Batman movie was more like a James Bond espionage which is great and all but we already got that angle covered with Christian Bale’s Batman. We needed “the world’s greatest detective” batman more.
I agree with this, this was a real "Batman" movie. Bale's Batman movies, while I believe they are better action crime movies, could have had James Bond or Jason Bourne replacing Batman in those films and it wouldn't have changed the movies much. TDK was a great action crime movie that happened to have Batman characters, The Batman is a quintessential Batman move. :yeshrug:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When I was watching this joint, I thought the angle they’re were going to explore, and it’s something they can still do — is make the Riddler the son of the murdered reporter. He grew up in an dreadful orphanage after his father’s murder. His hatred of the Wayne’s and Gotham’s corruption would then make complete sense. As he’s currently positioned (until the last act), he’s kinda an incredibly wayward do-gooder. He hates Bruce so much because Thomas killed his father attempting to protect Bruce’s mom, but the riddler never even had a mother. The whole city mourned the loss of the Wayne’s, and was concerned about Bruce; but who was concerned about the son of a dead reporter? I also think the Riddler should have known Bruce was Batman, but eh.
But isn't that point emphasized by Riddler not having a "known" father?

A known reporter's son would be discussed by the media, even if its a mention of him being survived by a wife and kid.

His hatred of Wayne and Gotham's corruption makes sense as it stands. Because Wayne was a somebody, people cared about Bruce even though he would be taken care of completely while people were only "concerned" with kids like Edward when it was time for political photo ops.

And him being an do-gooder is the point. It's why he thinks Batman and him were a team, helping each other root out corruption. Bruce Wayne is mentally ill. His parents were killed in front of him and in response he decided to dress as a bat to seek vengeance on crime and corruption. One can easily call Batman, especially the version we see before the final act, a wayward do-gooder. The only thing he doesn't do is kill, but he's still fukking people up.

Last edited: