Official The Batman Thread

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
FNlqN_yUUAMpW0a

Seriously, WTF???:picard: As disturbing as this is, even after reading that, I still don't understand this particular death. Can someone explain exactly what happened here?

EDIT: Nevermind. Omg! Pure sadism.

The Most Gruesome Death In The Batman

Last edited:
Daps
He was taking gunfire from assault rifles up close with no consequences, there was no point he was hurt other then taking a point blank shotgun, Batman was on amateur hour.

And the choreography was nothing like the arkham games it was slow and looked pre conceived.

He got fukked up by random goons he wasn’t an unstoppable force like Batfleck and a lesser degree Bale’s Batman who only really got fukked up by Bane

I mean they’re games so Batman is a little more agile but it looked better than the others

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Saw it last nite. I give it a 7/10. A lot of stuff to like but some stuff I didn't as well, specifically the run time. Completely in necessary. I would have liked the movie a lot more if it ended after they captured the Riddler. All that shyt with his chat group taking up arms for him, I had lost interest by then.
Pattinson is a cool Batman but too emo as well if I had a complaint. Catwoman, Gordon, Falcone all did a good job.
Also the aesthetics of the movie is just not what I am personally into. It being dark, dingy and raining all the time ruins the dead serious vibe they are going for.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
Saw it last nite. I give it a 7/10. A lot of stuff to like but some stuff I didn't as well, specifically the run time. Completely in necessary. I would have liked the movie a lot more if it ended after they captured the Riddler. All that shyt with his chat group taking up arms for him, I had lost interest by then.
Pattinson is a cool Batman but too emo as well if I had a complaint. Catwoman, Gordon, Falcone all did a good job.
Also the aesthetics of the movie is just not what I am personally into. It being dark, dingy and raining all the time ruins the dead serious vibe they are going for.

If this is a Batman Begins kinda set-up, the sequel gonna be pure cinema :ohhh:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It seems like its being overlooked that he hasn't been doing this long...so no he hasn't perfected his fighting skills, even the batmobile had trouble starting up.

Time to start judging movies on their own merit without the constant comparisons, it ruins enjoyment.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Still in the movie theater for this but this shyt boring af

I would like to formally apologize as a Batman fan that I said I wanted more detective work in Batman films. That shyt does NOT work on the big screen. :snoop:
Interested to hear what you didn't like about it.

I've pretty much listened to all the pods and read the reviews I can about the movie good and bad.

The two criticism points that was consistent was the ending with the Riddler shooting and the trailer gave away too much.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

I've pretty much listened to all the pods and read the reviews I can about the movie good and bad.

The two criticism points that was consistent was the ending with the Riddler shooting and the trailer gave away too much.

My only real problems with the movie is Pattinson as Batman. He isn't a good Batman and he just drags the movie down. He comes off more like a school shooter than a hero.

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
This was pretty dope of AMC. Did we all end up getting the same issue?

(The Long Halloween #1 Special Edition)

Yes, Thats what i got.

I'm not into comic books but that was the first time I've ever gotten a souvenir going to the movies. That was cool to me.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Yes, Thats what i got.

I'm not into comic books but that was the first time I've ever gotten a souvenir going to the movies. That was cool to me.
Same, haven’t had one in hands in years. May get back into them if I can find a nearby shop. :leon:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

The pacing was unbelievably slow to me. It starts with just a taste of action, no major setpiece or anything, and then it bogs down to a long investigative segment for what seems like a hour before you get real action again, and then it slows down again. Not to mention all the fukking whispering, there's zero voice projection or energy brought to the movie. It's a very low energy movie and no one is there to break up the monotone feel, in reality that person should have been Gordon, Penguin or Catwoman, to an extent Catwoman does but not enough, she spends most of the movie whispering and scowling too.

I didn't think Riddler was a very strong villain whatsoever, and this interpretation of him I wasn't a huge fan of. It's a somewhat realistic take, but he has zero charisma or aura, and the riddles themselves seemed inconsequential until the very end.

Lastly I didn't think Pattinson was a good Batman OR Bruce Wayne. He's the worst one to me by far, he doesn't pull off the look, his voice doesn't project, and when he's not playing Batman he spends most of his time looking sad and brooding. I find that in most good adaptations of Batman, Bruce knows how to blend in with a crowd and have a good time, he's very charismatic and knows how to get people to do what he wants, Pattinson seems far from that. He has school shooter energy just like the Riddler, and neither one of those characters are supposed to be portrayed that way.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
I didn’t expect the Riddler to be an absolute lunatic, I just thought he was smarter as maybe smarter than the Batman :dead:

saw him fall apart in Arkham