Official The Batman Thread

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Felt like the Arkham games + Gotham on the big screen very gritty great cinematography fantastic sound design

friends I went with didn’t enjoy it thought it was boring:mjlol:
I'm a Batman guy through and through and thought the movie was ridiculously boring. I went in fresh with no expectations. This just wasn't it for me. I thought the actors did a great job. I really liked Robert Pattinson as the Batman. Thought he did a great job but I thought he sucked at being Bruce Wayne. Catwoman, Gordon, the Penguin. All great. But the plot.....the pacing.....just boring as hell to me. I know a lot of folks might disagree....

:yeshrug:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Just watched an upload of the The Batman convo with The Riddler and now I can really appreciate it. This was really good writing and direction. I don’t know why I got lost the first time.

The Riddler wasn’t accusing Batman of being Bruce Wayne. He was COMPLAINING to Batman that they both didn’t get Bruce Wayne together. It’s just the way he started talking made it seem like he was calling Batman’s identity out but he wasn’t. The Riddler thought Batman was his homie. The slow realization on Batman’s face when he realized he wasn’t exposed then got mad.

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

This sequence right here just catapulted this movie to a 10/10. Stupid ass Riddler. No wonder he was crying like a bytch when Batman went off on him. He’s crazy.

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
Saw it last night, overall great movie. I think you really have to enjoy the Batman franchise to appreciate it, because my girlfriend thought it was too slow. Pattinson makes the best actual Batman, dude was menacing like he is in the comics, almost like a mix between the Undertaker and the Terminator. Great Bruce Wayne, I just wished they played up more of the "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a bachelor playboy" like in the comics. Glad the Riddler was finally done right, he nailed the creepy, serial killer vibe. Anyways great movie, probably the best actual Batman movie in terms of sticking to source material, but did not dethrone The Dark Knight as an overall movie. :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I didn't like the movie because Batman and Gordon were terrible detectives that didn't accomplish anything besides helping the Riddler and couldn't figure anything out.

Him and Gordon accidentally sent the files to the media like it was set up for them.

They misread the clues about the rat after Riddler pointed them right to him. It was fairly obvious who it was if you thought about it, even without the clues.

They only knew who the rat was because Catwoman handed them a taped confession.

They only caught the Riddler because he turned himself in after killing his targets.

Batman didn't figure out Riddler's Endgame until he saw a video confession of it and was too late to stop it.

What did Batman do that couldn't have been done by competent cops?
The Riddler set up the drive to automatically email the files to the media.

Daps
Saw it last night, overall great movie. I think you really have to enjoy the Batman franchise to appreciate it, because my girlfriend thought it was too slow. Pattinson makes the best actual Batman, dude was menacing like he is in the comics. Great Bruce Wayne, I just wished they played up more of the "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a bachelor playboy" like in the comics. Glad the Riddler was finally done right, he nailed the creepy, serial killer vibe. Anyways great movie, probably the best actual Batman movie in terms of sticking to source material, but did not dethrone The Dark Knight as an overall movie. :yeshrug:
Isn’t that Victor Czaz ?

then again Gotham is full of them :mjlol:

Last edited:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
I'm a Batman guy through and through and thought the movie was ridiculously boring. I went in fresh with no expectations. This just wasn't it for me. I thought the actors did a great job. I really liked Robert Pattinson as the Batman. Thought he did a great job but I thought he sucked at being Bruce Wayne. Catwoman, Gordon, the Penguin. All great. But the plot.....the pacing.....just boring as hell to me. I know a lot of folks might disagree....

:yeshrug:

The small segments of BvS with Affleck were better than this to be honest...just how I feel as well.