Official The Batman Thread

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah the Deus ex Machina in the film was my only complaint, but like others have said this version of Riddler is like the Seven murderer and just 5 steps ahead of Batman…. Except he may or may not know Bruce is Batman…..

I think so too…. Though in theory the Bruce Wayne “character” is something he will build eventually to give back to Gotham as a philanthropist. Like using his wealth to try and fix Gotham from an institutional perspective.

The thing is having Batman not be smart enough to solve things is that it kinda breaks the world. If Batman isn't significantly smarter than the cops then how does Gordon justify letting him just have free reign on a crime scene full of cops. The commissioner called him out on that with the first murder and then it was just dropped. It doesn't make sense to let a random civilian that is mentally unbalanced just walk around crime scenes unless he has been demonstrated to be capable of solving crimes that cops can't solve. We never saw him do that so why is he allowed there?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
like others have said this version of Riddler is like the Seven murderer and just 5 steps ahead of Batman…. Except he may or may not know Bruce is Batman…

Nah... he don't. That was made clear in the 'interrogation' scene. Batman thought he did at 1st but then nope.. :whew:

Also.. there's levels to this. Some posters are just slow or maybe never read a comic before etc.. Batman is a great detective as we see here but The Riddler has ALWAYS gave him hell. He's a brilliant psychopath. if Gotham P.D. ain't have Batman they wouldn't stand a chance..

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah... he don't. That was made clear in the 'interrogation' scene. Batman thought he did at 1st but then nope.. :whew:

Also.. there's levels to this. Some posters are just slow or maybe never read a comic before etc.. Batman is a great detective as we see here but The Riddler has ALWAYS gave him hell. He's a brilliant psychopath. if Gotham P.D. ain't have Batman they wouldn't stand a chance..

What did Batman do in the movie that shows he's a great detective?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
What did Batman do in the movie that shows he's a great detective?

He uncovered the thumb deal/deduced the murder weapon/analyzed the blood splatter/uncovered Anikka/blew up Catwoman's spot/put the Maroni and GCPD conspiracy together.. what didn't he do :mjlol:

Once a clown always a clown Lol and don't @ me we're done here... :manny:

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The pacing was unbelievably slow to me. It starts with just a taste of action, no major setpiece or anything, and then it bogs down to a long investigative segment for what seems like a hour before you get real action again, and then it slows down again. Not to mention all the fukking whispering, there's zero voice projection or energy brought to the movie. It's a very low energy movie and no one is there to break up the monotone feel, in reality that person should have been Gordon, Penguin or Catwoman, to an extent Catwoman does but not enough, she spends most of the movie whispering and scowling too.

I didn't think Riddler was a very strong villain whatsoever, and this interpretation of him I wasn't a huge fan of. It's a somewhat realistic take, but he has zero charisma or aura, and the riddles themselves seemed inconsequential until the very end.

Lastly I didn't think Pattinson was a good Batman OR Bruce Wayne. He's the worst one to me by far, he doesn't pull off the look, his voice doesn't project, and when he's not playing Batman he spends most of his time looking sad and brooding. I find that in most good adaptations of Batman, Bruce knows how to blend in with a crowd and have a good time, he's very charismatic and knows how to get people to do what he wants, Pattinson seems far from that. He has school shooter energy just like the Riddler, and neither one of those characters are supposed to be portrayed that way.
On point. He def gives school shooter vibes.
They will argue that this is just year two Batman. :hhh:

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nobody cares about your opinion on anything. After you revealed your far right pol leanings in another thread every post is just :mjlol:
Shut up you imbecile. What is this of me being far right?
You want me to flag wave and eat up your liberal masters rhetoric. Eat a dikk.

And the movie was average.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll post a better review later but, this movie feels like a spiritual successor to the Batman movies from the 80s and 90s whereas the Nolan films felt like their own thing. Maybe because this film incorporates more of the villains and antiheroes all in one film (Penguin, Falcone, Riddler, Catwoman) and sucks you more easily into the world of Gotham; especially with how they took a much deeper dive into the corruption in the city. And on a side note, am I the only one who thought the Penguin looked like Robert Deniro in some parts :heh:

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah i'm never going to agree with alt/far right rhetoric
Post anything I've said on this forum which would give any slightest of indication that I lean towards the right politically.

You're a clown, and this movie is over rated as hell.
Go do something about it. The nerve of this...

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Post anything I've said on this forum which would give any slightest of indication that I lean towards the right politically.

You're a clown, and this movie is over rated as hell.
Go do something about it. The nerve of this...

i will :ehh: and as for the movie.. you are in the severe minority.. you've been crying for days now :mjlol:

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i will :ehh: and as for the movie.. you are in the severe minority.. you've been crying for days now :mjlol:
You're a fanatic. It's okay for people to express their dislike for a character and movie they had expectations for.