Official The Batman Thread

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
felt like a Nolan movie, except he learned how to be like 20% more human in the last decade. shyt was damn good. would fukkin love to see them do Mr. Freeze, hope that rumor is true.
Didn't we just see 3 Nolan batman movies? This movie didn't feel or look like any of em. Felt like Fincher was more influential here.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That's cool and everything...but nah bro. He needs to step up the martial arts training. We ain't getting the Deathstroke movie but we need to see Batman really get down on film
It’s year two lol he isn’t walking in the game year 10 MJ. I like that he isn’t already a ninja warrior like bale was

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
It’s year two lol he isn’t walking in the game year 10 MJ. I like that he isn’t already a ninja warrior like bale was
Yea I said that earlier...but we ain't really see Bale get down like that either. I mean some real drawn out martial arts action. Watch him and Nightwing fight the the Owls in the animated movie

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Yea I said that earlier...but we ain't really see Bale get down like that either. I mean some real drawn out martial arts action. Watch him and Nightwing fight the the Owls in the animated movie
so you just want an entirely different movie.

okay, well this ain't it.

I want a superman movie where the story is Lex Luthor introducing a new technology called BRANIAC which starts to take over the world and Luthor has to trust Superman to save the day, and has a very Matrix feel, but they haven't made that so...:manny:

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Breh out here wondering why Senior-in-high school Kobe can't drop 63 in 3 quarters against the Mavs :heh:
I’m saying lol
Dude was half way struggling with the low life goons in the first scene. They even said he only knows how to fight because Alfred taught him. He was terrified to jump off that police building. Batman just got his feet wet in this story

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
That's cool and everything...but nah bro. He needs to step up the martial arts training. We ain't getting the Deathstroke movie but we need to see Batman really get down on film
I mean this was his 2nd year of being Batman, so he's still really inexperienced. His training will improve and get better

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Not only that, but IMO this city and set designs here looked a little more "lived in" than Nolan's movies. Nolan is a fantastic director, but I've noticed a lot of his choices for set designs are very clean and aesthetically pleasing. His Gotham City just seemed like Chicago or NYC depending on which one he was filming in. The old 90's Batman Gotham seemed either over the top dark and creepy or over the top cartoonish, depending on the director.

All of Nolan's movies have very well polished environments and interior designs.

This new Batman film was a nice hybrid between Nolan's take on Gotham and the Tim Burton's take on Gotham. I thought this world seemed grittier, darker, and scarier than Nolan's version of Gotham City.
Gotham City in this one just seemed to be a seedy version of NYC. Some of the locales and even terminology were straight New York City.