Official The Batman Thread

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
And one of the most brutal off-screen deaths I've seen in any movie.

The rat trap thing was like something out of Seven.
They strapped a bomb to a dudes neck and straight blew his head off clean off in a church but this movie needed more death :mjlol:

@valet aren't you like a pastor or something too? :picard:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
felt like a Nolan movie, except he learned how to be like 20% more human in the last decade. shyt was damn good. would fukkin love to see them do Mr. Freeze, hope that rumor is true.
Not only that, but IMO this city and set designs here looked a little more "lived in" than Nolan's movies. Nolan is a fantastic director, but I've noticed a lot of his choices for set designs are very clean and aesthetically pleasing. His Gotham City just seemed like Chicago or NYC depending on which one he was filming in. The old 90's Batman Gotham seemed either over the top dark and creepy or over the top cartoonish, depending on the director.

All of Nolan's movies have very well polished environments and interior designs.

This new Batman film was a nice hybrid between Nolan's take on Gotham and the Tim Burton's take on Gotham. I thought this world seemed grittier, darker, and scarier than Nolan's version of Gotham City.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
They strapped a bomb to a dudes neck and straight blew his head off clean off in a church but this movie needed more death :mjlol:

@valet aren't you like a pastor or something too? :picard:
Damn that one didn't even come to mind :heh:

I was thinking about when he beat dude over the head and suffocated him, and then the rat trap.

But yeah. Blowing the dude's head off was intense as well.

Riddler was a legit creepy ass serial killer.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
A gangster tried to choke out his own daughter with his bare hands

Needs more violence :unimpressed:
Dude said while he was strangling her too that it was on some "like mother like daughter" shyt (or something like that)

:picard:

The Batman is the most brutal "superhero" movie I've ever seen

And C. Nolan refuses to show blood in his movies :heh:

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
I just got back from seeing this and i wasnt impressed. Thought Patterson was cool as batman but a bad bruce wayne.

Catwoman and riddler were mid, and that shyt didnt need to be that long. Way too drawn out just for the sake of being drawn out.

Really surprised this is getting so much love

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Lol I dont recall a rape happening.

I could’ve swore there was gonna be a rape scene….. cuz he wanted his Batman movie extra dark, extra shocking and extremely violent.

it’s been so many years and so many threads…. But there was a discussion on it

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I could’ve swore there was gonna be a rape scene….. cuz he wanted his Batman movie extra dark, extra shocking and extremely violent.

it’s been so many years and so many threads…. But there was a discussion on it

I believe you, yea I remember the year one and a batman beyond script with josh harnett being terry was out at the same time like in 2001.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
That whole opening sequence showing the fear Gotham has for Batman and a homage to The Long Halloween was so incredibly well done... :wow:
Made me wish they did not use one of those scenes in the trailer so I too would be guessing where he'd come out. shyt was masterly done. Top 5 movie intro all time :wow: