Official The Batman Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
felt like a Nolan movie, except he learned how to be like 20% more human in the last decade. shyt was damn good. would fukkin love to see them do Mr. Freeze, hope that rumor is true.

More Fincher than Nolan to me but Reeves can get in all those bags.. he's a true artist.

By the way.... not a lot of special effects in the movie that's why everything so damn crisp. Reeves wanted to do pretty much all practical and it shows. :wow:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
More Fincher than Nolan to me but Reeves can get in all those bags.. he's a true artist.

By the way.... not a lot of special effects in the movie that's why everything so damn crisp. Reeves wanted to do pretty much all practical and it shows. :wow:

Batman is the one comic book character in which you can approach filming a movie in different ways. You can create an action heroic spectacle or you go cerebral and create a detective story. And not one way is wrong. The Batman blended the two and proved you do not even need a big budget to film a Batman movie. From what I recall Matt only needed $100 million and WB gave him $180 million actually. That is still cheaper than Begins which cost $200 million to make.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I just got back from seeing this and i wasnt impressed. Thought Patterson was cool as batman but a bad bruce wayne.

Catwoman and riddler were mid, and that shyt didnt need to be that long. Way too drawn out just for the sake of being drawn out.

Really surprised this is getting so much love
It was too long. He hasn't a great Bruce Wayne but he's playing a young and brooding/mopey Bruce, and I understand the choice. It's not my favorite choice but I liked that it wasn't the same tired billionaire playboy angle they always do. I felt like Batman was a much bigger part of the movie than Bruce Wayne anyways.

Riddler was dope. I don't see much of a problem there. Catwoman was dope. She was competent, sexy, and held her own.

The third act got shaky and some stuff wasn't needed.

If nothing else I think this movie is getting love because it's one of the most original takes on a popular IP in a long, long time. Audiences are dying for fresh material at the movies, and this is about as fresh a Batman movie as there's been. shyt was basically a crime mystery thriller, and forever Batman has been either action movie set piece cinema or comic book put to screen.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It was too long. He hasn't a great Bruce Wayne but he's playing a young and brooding/mopey Bruce, and I understand the choice. It's not my favorite choice but I liked that it wasn't the same tired billionaire playboy angle they always do. I felt like Batman was a much bigger part of the movie than Bruce Wayne anyways.

Riddler was dope. I don't see much of a problem there. Catwoman was dope. She was competent, sexy, and held her own.

The third act got shaky and some stuff wasn't needed.

If nothing else I think this movie is getting love because it's one of the most original takes on a popular IP in a long, long time. Audiences are dying for fresh material at the movies, and this is about as fresh a Batman movie as there's been. shyt was basically a crime mystery thriller, and forever Batman has been either action movie set piece cinema or comic book put to screen.

This movie could have easily been a storyline of an issue of Detective Comics. The Batman was a love letter to the actual comic book readers of the comics not fans of the previous movies. The scope of this film was not big like the Nolans films but this movie displayed the essence of Batman a lot more. People can complain about Bruce being emo and disrespecting Alfred, but that is ripped from the Zero Year comic. But the non comic book reading Batman fans I guess would have never known that.

91fkTMvNdHL.jpg

37834890._SX318_.jpg

Last edited:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
On a sn: we took 37 kids from my school ( I'm not a teacher. I do attendance) to see the film. The boys liked it. Girls fell for the most part. We rented out a private room, and gave them refreshment and lunch. It was the first time alot of them went to a non-hood theatre (especially one where they could get all you can drink slushies)

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
This movie could have easily been a storyline of an issue of Detective Comics. The Batman was a love letter to the actual comic book readers of the comics not fans of the previous movies. The scope of this film was not big like the Nolans films but this movie displayed the essence of Batman a lot more. People can complain about Bruce being emo and disrespecting Alfred, but that is ripped from the Zero Year comic. But the non comic book reading Batman fans I guess would have never known that.

91fkTMvNdHL.jpg

37834890._SX318_.jpg

Going check this out

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
It’s a scene in the trialed the first one where there is a mclaren Ferrari type car

I guess it got cut im going rewatch the trailer

I know im not crazy

Conz

Superstar
Daps

yeah, like this was a continuation of the Nolan-verse, but they let Fincher do a re-write... which might mean i like it more. not ready to say that. this is better than Batman Begins though. i don't believe anyone remembers much from that movie and they're just pretending b/c of what it led to. TDKR can eat a dikk