Official The Batman Thread

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I liked this a lot. It felt like I was watching a type of Batman movie I've never seen before. I also like the se&en type inspirations. Beautiful cinematography.

TDK is my favorite for sure, but man...this one is gonna be up there. Might be top 3 when it's said and done after I think on it some more

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
In 2-3 years the whole tone and energy around this movie is going to change. Watch. Like, walking out of the TDKR I knew it wasn’t it. I had the same feeling leaving this movie. A lot of people get caught up in the moment, but in time be like WTF was that? That’s what happened with the TDKR and ultimately what I think will happen with this film. :yeshrug:
The first half of the film is going to age brilliantly.. That was the freshest and most ambitious take on a comic book movie that's ever hit the big screen. I could understand the criticisms of the third act-- the movie transitioned from a psychological thriller into more of a standard action movie..

But overall, definitely seems like a movie that folks are going to appreciate more over time.

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
@(ALi) :dame: I thought Robert looked really fit as Batman. He looked big but not on steroids big. I actually thought it was cool that he refused to do steroids for this film. He did a lot of Brazilian jujitsu and other martial arts training, and he lifted weights and all of that but he just didn’t want to inject testosterone.

He didn’t look weak or out of shape to me. He didn’t look like Thor or captain America or anything like that but he looks like a guy that you would see at your local CrossFit gym that goes all the time and it’s in very good shape

He had a bigger physique than anybody that has played Batman so far besides Christian Bale and Ben Affleck. None of the 90’s Batman actors were as built as Robert was.

Just goes to show how much the standard for make body image has changed since then

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Also he refused to use steroids.
And I think it’s dope he did. It’s fukking absurd that all male actors in any action or adventure flicks are expected to juice and potentially fukk up their endocrine system permanently

I have strong feelings on this because I do a sport where a ton of people do steroids including a lot of my close friends and teammates.

It’s crazy. If guys are under 40 it’s risky to juice for something as stupid as a movie.

Last edited:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw this and I loved it.

In some ways it was the perfect medium between the comic bookey pre-nolan stuff and the grounded Nolan stuff.

Easily the best character interactions in a batman flick. Gordon and Batman/ Batman and Catwoman. shyt felt like some comic book shyt come to life for real.

Fighting scenes were too few but it's ight. This was not that type of flick.

Interested in where they go next. I expect two-face but we'll see.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
And I think it’s dope he did. It’s fukking absurd that all male actors in any action or adventure flicks are expected to juice and potentially duck up their endocrine system permanently

I have strong feelings on this because I do a sport where a ton of people do steroids including a lot of my close friends and teammates.

It’s crazy. If guys are under 40 it’s risky for something as simple as entertainment

I agree, no need to get super jacked up just to be in a suit for 90% of a film.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Did anybody read the script of the planned Batman Year One movie directed Darren Aronofsky? WB decided to roll with Nolan instead. Some of you guys would have had a fit :mjlol:

• After Bruce Wayne's parents are shot, Bruce loses his fortune and becomes homeless.
  • Alfred's character changed to a African-American man named "Little"Al who runs a Auto-Repair shop and acts as Bruce's mentor.
  • Bruce doesn't travel the world, he instead reads books on various types of combat and practices them.
  • Unlike the comic it would have focused more on Bruce.
  • Bruce uses mostly chemical based weapons when fighting (like the original Bill Finger Batman).
  • Bruce Wayne gets his persona from an intertwined T and W on a ring he wore while fighting crime that was mistaken for a bat.
  • Many key scenes from the comic are omitted from the script.
  • The Batmobile and Batcave are present. The Batmobile was a modified car in "Little-Al"'s garage. The Batcave is located in a abandoned subway station.
  • Gordon has lived in Gotham for years, and is trying to leave for the sake of his pregnant wife.
  • Gordon's wife is renamed Ann.
  • Carmine Falcone is omitted from the script and Gillain B.Loeb would have replaced him as the Master of the Organized crime.
  • Selina Kyle would have been African-American and would have had a more prominent role.
  • Gordon's character would have been suicidal.
  • The Batmobile would have been a Lincoln Continental.
  • There would have been many new characters that were not in the comic.
Batman: Year One (Darren Aronofsky)

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
maybe he got that electricity buzzer in his hand idea from Joker?
Plus we watched mans walk right into the Iceberg lounge through the front door and fight his way through a whole club and he was still putting the beats on people

We saw shades of everything that IS Batman is this movie

There's nothing about this movie that does'nt say Bruce won't sit down and think to himself:

- "Aight I gotta start moving smarter during fights...I know this..I'm taking unnecessary hits"

- "I'm using the shadows effectively but I can use them even MORE effectively to achieve my goals"

- "PREP TIME...I need to prepare more for these situations...for ALL situations"

There is no continuity, no source material, nothing that has ever shown Bruce as on and popping from Day One. He has always taken his licks and learned from them and grown.

It's because we know what the end product is (unfukkwitable in hand to hand combat, gadgets that end the fights before they even start, becoming the shadows themselves, prep time to the point where you the reader are in even in disbelief) that we can actually appreciate this movie for what it is
Yea honestly bits nice to see Batman paying his dues. I was a little surprised at the gangstas getting the drop on him that one time, and that flying squirrel shyt he did.but he cool to see him before he becomes almighty

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Did anybody read the script of the planned Batman Year One movie directed Darren Aronofsky? WB decided to roll with Nolan instead. Some of you guys would have had a fit :mjlol:

• After Bruce Wayne's parents are shot, Bruce loses his fortune and becomes homeless.
  • Alfred's character changed to a African-American man named "Little"Al who runs a Auto-Repair shop and acts as Bruce's mentor.
  • Bruce doesn't travel the world, he instead reads books on various types of combat and practices them.
  • Unlike the comic it would have focused more on Bruce.
  • Bruce uses mostly chemical based weapons when fighting (like the original Bill Finger Batman).
  • Bruce Wayne gets his persona from an intertwined T and W on a ring he wore while fighting crime that was mistaken for a bat.
  • Many key scenes from the comic are omitted from the script.
  • The Batmobile and Batcave are present. The Batmobile was a modified car in "Little-Al"'s garage. The Batcave is located in a abandoned subway station.
  • Gordon has lived in Gotham for years, and is trying to leave for the sake of his pregnant wife.
  • Gordon's wife is renamed Ann.
  • Carmine Falcone is omitted from the script and Gillain B.Loeb would have replaced him as the Master of the Organized crime.
  • Selina Kyle would have been African-American and would have had a more prominent role.
  • Gordon's character would have been suicidal.
  • The Batmobile would have been a Lincoln Continental.
  • There would have been many new characters that were not in the comic.
Batman: Year One (Darren Aronofsky)

I remember that one:russ:

if I recall…. Wasn’t Batman supposed to have been raped or molested too?:mjlol: