Official The Batman Thread

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm saying that this movie is inspired by Batman year one, takes place in year two or thereafter, but the expectation that everything that happened in Year One comic shouldn't be had in this movie. It is creative license. You shouldn't say "this is fake bullshyt and not true to year one" when the movie never said it was. It's not a retelling.
Nah, fukk that.

Reeves isn't allowed to take creative licenses from a source material that took creative licenses with its source material.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I'm saying that this movie is inspired by Batman year one, takes place in year two or thereafter, but the expectation that everything that happened in Year One comic shouldn't be had in this movie. It is creative license. You shouldn't say "this is fake bullshyt and not true to year one" when the movie never said it was. It's not a retelling.

I prefer this personally. A Bruce Wayne who hasn't yet been tested to get his martial arts skills up, nor feels that saving the city is his duty yet. He just wants to beat up criminals when it began. You don't need to spend years with a sensai to do that.
Plus we watched mans walk right into the Iceberg lounge through the front door and fight his way through a whole club and he was still putting the beats on people

We saw shades of everything that IS Batman is this movie

There's nothing about this movie that does'nt say Bruce won't sit down and think to himself:

- "Aight I gotta start moving smarter during fights...I know this..I'm taking unnecessary hits"

- "I'm using the shadows effectively but I can use them even MORE effectively to achieve my goals"

- "PREP TIME...I need to prepare more for these situations...for ALL situations"

There is no continuity, no source material, nothing that has ever shown Bruce as on and popping from Day One. He has always taken his licks and learned from them and grown.

It's because we know what the end product is (unfukkwitable in hand to hand combat, gadgets that end the fights before they even start, becoming the shadows themselves, prep time to the point where you the reader are in even in disbelief) that we can actually appreciate this movie for what it is

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just saw it. Positive. Held my attention. This wasn't like "End Game" where I was bored at parts. This held my attention. Don't read the comics but I do appreciate another approach with the detective angle. Another positive is this felt like this was his movie. I really don't get the criticism I've seen in some reviews where he's overly emotional. This was a good starter film. Just like Batman Begins, Captain American (I know some don't like the 1st one).

Negative- Outside of the car scene, nothing screamed epic. Just consistent. Catwoman was very mid. Of course, not her looks. But she was overacting on too many parts. Her fighting was cool. She went way overboard at one part where romance was clearly not needed. Your in a battle and your thinking about that. Just rolling my eyes. Riddler was cool. Not amazing but cool. He reminded me of a grown version of a school shooter.

Lastly, this movie needed more deaths. The near deaths became corny. As dark as this movie was, I needed more TDK in terms of death.

Would I watch this again. Absolutely. I'm sure it's some things I missed.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Just saw it. Positive. Held my attention. This wasn't like "End Game" where I was bored at parts. This held my attention. Don't read the comics but I do appreciate another approach with the detective angle. Another positive is this felt like this was his movie. I really don't get the criticism I've seen in some reviews where he's overly emotional. This was a good starter film. Just like Batman Begins, Captain American (I know some don't like the 1st one).

Negative- Outside of the car scene, nothing screamed epic. Just consistent. Catwoman was very mid. Of course, not her looks. But she was overacting on too many parts. Her fighting was cool. She went way overboard at one part where romance was clearly not needed. Your in a battle and your thinking about that. Just rolling my eyes. Riddler was cool. Not amazing but cool. He reminded me of a grown version of a school shooter.

Lastly, this movie needed more deaths. The near deaths became corny. As dark as this movie was, I needed more TDK in terms of death.

Would I watch this again. Absolutely. I'm sure it's some things I missed.

Bruh the city got flooded best believe thousan:dwillhuh:ds minimum died

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh the city got flooded best believe thousan:dwillhuh:ds minimum died
Someone got bludgeoned to death within minutes of the start of the movie.

We see/hear the mayor, commissioner, DA, Selina's girl, and Falcone die and I'm sure hundreds died when the city flooded.

Who were all of these people that died in TDK?

Last edited:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
because thats what the director told us

The idea is that we’re in Year Two, it’s the Gotham Experiment. It’s a criminological experiment. He’s trying to figure out sort of what he can do that can finally change this place. And in our story, as he’s in that mode, that’s where you meet him...and he’s seeing that he’s not having any of the effect that he wants to have yet, and that is when the murders start to happen,” Reeves said.

the movie takes place over the course of one week, so him being active for two years just means he is at the tail end of his second year as Batman presumably

Thursday, October 31st. The city streets are crowded for the holiday. Even with the rain. Hidden in the chaos is the element, waiting to strike like snakes. And I'm there too. Watching. 2 years of nights have turned me into a nocturnal animal. I must choose my targets carefully. It's a big city. I can't be everywhere. But they don't know where I am. We have a signal now, for when I'm needed. When that light hits the sky, it's not just a call- it's a warning. To them. Fear is a tool. They think I'm hiding in the shadows. But I AM the shadows. I wish I could say I'm making a difference, but I'm not. Murder, robberies, assault- 2 years later, they're all up. And now this. This city's eating itself. Maybe it can't be saved, but i have to try. PUSH MYSELF. These nights all roll together in a rush, Behind the mask. Sometimes in the morning i have to force myself to remember everything that happened.

Comments in here making it seem like he just finished year one. He on his 3rd year.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Someone got bludgeoned to death within minutes of the start of the movie.

We see/hear the mayor, commissioner, DA, Selina's girl, and Falcone die and I'm sure hundreds died when the city flooded.

Who were all of these people that died in TDK?
Well, in context I said near death stuff became corny. Prime example was
Alfred
. Joker basically killed Rachel. Like I felt that. Killed criminals, officials etc.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I dont know if it was already discussed here but Reeves sheds a ton of light on any current/future plans he has with the Joker

'The Batman' Ending: Matt Reeves on Barry Keoghan's Role - Variety

Joker role was supposed to be expanded in the movie, but a pivotal scene between him and Batman was cut. It details that they clearly had a run in during Year One and Bats put him in Arkham. Reeves also is clear but not definitive that there are no concrete plans to use Joker moving forward. the scene we do see in the movie wasn't designed as a calling card for whats coming in the nxt installment, it was supposed to be a building block off of the scene that was cut from the finished product

also, I still have to think Reeves plans on using him in future movies, but this does change that view point a bit for me

GOOD I HOPE
HE DOESNT USE THE JOKER
GOING FORWARD.

ALL PPL CARE ABOUT
IS COMPARING JOKER
PERFORMANCES AND THAT
WILL DROWN OUT THE MOVIE.
:devil:
:evil:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They loved the close ups in this movie :pachaha:

Also was I dumb or the flooding the city climax feel out of the blue for anyone else? The stadium and car chase were cool though

Not a bad movie but it didn't need to be three hours

The flooding of Gotham was foreshadowed throughout. Especially when the Riddler kept telling Batman he wasn't seeing the bigger picture.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Also was I dumb or the flooding the city climax feel out of the blue for anyone else? The stadium and car chase were cool though

Not a bad movie but it didn't need to be three hours
I thought so too.
The flooding of Gotham was foreshadowed throughout. Especially when the Riddler kept telling Batman he wasn't seeing the bigger picture.
I dont think think that hinted at a city wide flood tho.