Official The Batman Thread

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After re-watching Batman Begins... The Batman is clearly superior. Batman Begins hasn't aged well.

Nah. One of the most important aspects of Batman is his relationship with Alfred. I felt pretty much nothing between The Batman’s Bruce and Alfred, despite Andy Serkis being a great actor.

Begins had scenes like this

Last edited:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Nah. One of the most important aspects of Batman is his relationship with Alfred. I felt pretty much nothing between The Batman’s Bruce and Alfred, despite Andy Serkis being a great actor.

Begins had scenes like this

:gucci:ALFRED WAS LITERALLY
HELPING HIM CRACK RIDDLES IN THE BATMAN.

HOW IS THIS SCENE
ANY DIFFERENT THAN THE HOSPITAL SCENE?

:devil:
:evil:

Daps
Saw it again for the second time yesterday. The way the portrayed the citizens of Gotham being fear stricken by the very sight of Batman (even when being saved) at the beginning to that shot at the end with that flood victim not wanting to let go of him and clinging to him as her beacon of assurance and a protector was nothing short of amazing character development. Can’t praise this version of Batman enough. The way the built the city up as having this underlying sinister force behind it def makes me think we’ll be seeing the court of owls show up in later films.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
....this is Batman in "Year Two"

I don't think you understand the character or the source material
Please stop. A year two Batman is still a master of the fighting arts, where was it?
Where was the finesse, the athleticism, the explosive movements, the transitions in different fighting styles depending on the opponent and situation he is facing?

The truth is the director gave little to no regard to that aspect of the character and the sequel will clarify that.

And is a year two Batman also built like a skinny fat dude with zero muscle on his frame.

Cut the shyt out. You're just excited having watched it recently let it die down and you'll come to your senses.

This Batman left a lot to be desired from the paradigm of the source material year two or one.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Please stop. A year two Batman is still a master of the fighting arts, where was it?
Where was the finesse, the athleticism, the explosive movements, the transitions in different fighting styles depending on the opponent and situation he is facing?

The truth is the director gave little to no regard to that aspect of the character and the sequel will clarify that.

And is a year two Batman also built like a skinny fat dude with zero muscle on his frame.

Cut the shyt out. You're just excited having watched it recently let it die down and you'll come to your senses.

This Batman left a lot to be desired from the paradigm of the source material year two or one.
That is in your head. You are imagining what happened in that first year. It is actually more likely that he didn't get trained in martial arts because nothing he has faced has required it, and Alfred said he taught him how to fight. He also has basically no gadgets, why does not not bother you?

Don't argue head canon. Especially if you're assuming that this movie should be strictly following a specific comic canon when they never said so

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dont know if it was already discussed here but Reeves sheds a ton of light on any current/future plans he has with the Joker

'The Batman' Ending: Matt Reeves on Barry Keoghan's Role - Variety

Joker role was supposed to be expanded in the movie, but a pivotal scene between him and Batman was cut. It details that they clearly had a run in during Year One and Bats put him in Arkham. Reeves also is clear but not definitive that there are no concrete plans to use Joker moving forward. the scene we do see in the movie wasn't designed as a calling card for whats coming in the nxt installment, it was supposed to be a building block off of the scene that was cut from the finished product

also, I still have to think Reeves plans on using him in future movies, but this does change that view point a bit for me

Last edited:

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That is in your head. You are imagining what happened in that first year. It is actually more likely that he didn't get trained in martial arts because nothing he has faced has required it, and Alfred said he taught him how to fight. He also has basically no gadgets, why does not not bother you?

Don't argue head canon. Especially if you're assuming that this movie should be strictly following a specific comic canon when they never said so
He's making a point against my critique using the source material and you're telling me the source material does not matter. Which one is it?

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
He's making a point against my critique using the source material and you're telling me the source material does not matter. Which one is it?
I'm saying that this movie is inspired by Batman year one, takes place in year two or thereafter, but the expectation that everything that happened in Year One comic shouldn't be had in this movie. It is creative license. You shouldn't say "this is fake bullshyt and not true to year one" when the movie never said it was. It's not a retelling.

I prefer this personally. A Bruce Wayne who hasn't yet been tested to get his martial arts skills up, nor feels that saving the city is his duty yet. He just wants to beat up criminals when it began. You don't need to spend years with a sensai to do that.

Last edited:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why y'all keep saying it's his second year when he says he's done it for 2 years?
because thats what the director told us

The idea is that we’re in Year Two, it’s the Gotham Experiment. It’s a criminological experiment. He’s trying to figure out sort of what he can do that can finally change this place. And in our story, as he’s in that mode, that’s where you meet him...and he’s seeing that he’s not having any of the effect that he wants to have yet, and that is when the murders start to happen,” Reeves said.

the movie takes place over the course of one week, so him being active for two years just means he is at the tail end of his second year as Batman presumably