Official The Batman Thread

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
REGAL PINNACLE STADIUM 18 & IMAX is on the list.

R.b4345a93595ac5d34ee90d1b8cb12a09

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Just saw it in IMAX, im not a heathen. That shyt was GOOD, fam that a bat mobile scene and build up was amazing!!!!

Robert was a cool batman, after tenet it is proven he can play a serious, non-cheesy role, it’s young Batman but like people said he didn’t get the voice down when in the suit.

Zoe was sexy and not a c00n (hated falcone and others who benefitted off white privilege).

It was cool seeing a grounded, more detective Batman.
All in all 5/5, maybe film of the year.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
"Privileged white people" Lol.

Great film, not near TDK though simply because it won't hold near the replay value TDK has.

Matt Reeves killed it. Paul Dano between this and Prisoners is the creepiest villain to me in any comic book movie. Still not sold on Pattinson without the mask though.

What a great start to this era of Batman.
Yeah if I had one gripe it was that white priviledge line. shyt felt hella panderig. But aside from that shyt may have been the best Batman movie I have seen. Its neck and neck with The Dark Knight. If someone argued Dano's Ridler was a better villain in the Batman than Heath's Joker in TDK I could see the argument.

Last edited:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side

Ben Shapiro hates the movie. He thinks it betrays Batman as a character, because at the the end Batman realizes he must be a symbol of hope rather than vengeance (kinda Superman-y to his point, but in this universe I get it). And he keeps rattling on that now Batman will now be more of a firefighter than a vigilante, which wasn't even remotely implied (pretty sure Bats said this No Mans Land style Gotham will have chaos and looting, implying he'll beat the brakes off some people). I don't understand this dude's taste in movies.

Ill never understand why this fakkit needs an earpiece while reviewing something by himself

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Focusing only on Batman here - the character is trained to the pinnacle of human conditioning - we get an actor who doesn't want to hit the weights - a stick figure who looks sick when he's Bruce Wayne. His figure was pathetic when we see him topless.

He is the world's greatest detective yet he is chasing Riddler throughout the movie and constantly being outsmarted and thus cannot prevent any of the damage to his intended targets.

The fight scenes as mentioned by previous posters are a struggle. He is getting frustrated by amateur opposition - internet
forum anarchists and basic street goons.
This is embarrassing considering the character is marketed as mastering every martial art.

Pathetic showing as Batman.
I'm hoping it bombs so we can get a different take on the character.

I don't want to see another decade of struggle choreography with a flabby Pattison. Reeves can't get his guy to go through any training regimen and his direction with action set pieces and fight choreography are anti climatic and lack luster.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
It's weird. I thought it was a great sequence on its own. But to me it was so tonally different than what we got before with this tight, film noir detective story, that it was kind of jarring to see this huge action setpiece. With the Dark Knight, the entire movie was this gradual buildup of tension and escalation so the big moments in the 3rd act felt earned and connected. I didn't quite get that with the Batman.
That's actually what I love about that final act. We all thought shyt was resolved. Riddler in jail, and boom here comes something Batman did not account for. Riddler was playing him along all movie long.

Last edited: