Official The Batman Thread

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
That reporter WAS his father. That's how he became an orphan. All of his targets until the end were in relation to Falcone killing his father.
We saw Riddler as a kid the background of the Wayne campaign video as one of orphans. The reporter didn’t die until a few days before Thomas Wayne did.

That character is connected to a comic book character and it’s not Riddler.

If the reporter named Elliot is the reason he became an orphan, why was Riddler’s last name Nashton?

Last edited:

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
Movies makes me want to read ZERO YEAR again

STK638121

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don’t compare this to TDK, wait until the next movie for that. This shyts all over Batman begins tho. That joker plug at the end wasn’t needed tho.
Begins did the Joker teaser far better. The Joker cameo in The Batman felt forced and tact on. It also went on for too long. A simple laugh with no close ups would’ve sufficed. It also didn’t help their Joker voice / laugh wasn’t that good.

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
1st of all. NONE OF IT was happenstance. And it definitely had zero to do with Catwoman. The Riddler took an apartment across the Falcone's club so he can see everyone go in and out. He knew Colson was in there and that was his next target and hence why he was ALREADY IN his SUV before Colson left. Why Colson? Because Colson was directly responsible for protecting Falcone who was the RAT to take down Sal Maroni.

Also, speaking of happenstance, why would the Riddler haphazardly divert to his PLAN to try to kill Falcone at the mayor’s funeral with its extremely high alerted security? He cannot get to him there. And when did he get a chance to see him leave bring he was too busy with Colson?
I said going to the funeral. Meaning in the car or killing him from the window. Or even coming back. He already had Colson and killed the mayor.

Since we know he had followers. The arena explosion would still go off.

Last edited:

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
Some more
I was feeling like this was going to be a one and done Batman movie because of how heavy the darkness was think about the levels of the death. The mayor (a literal Don Jr.), THE DA (PIZZA DELIVERY NECK BOMB MAN WITH THE GUN CANE), and much more also to me it the Riddler let Batman know that he knew who he was on camera especially since Bruce didn’t get killed when everybody but him and the mayor elect survived. That should’ve been a bigger deal in the movie. Considering it’s on CAMERA a couple years in you still can’t trust Batman. I mention this because I was just reading a screen rant article on Facebook that said that Bruce was feeling how I felt in the scene until he felt like riddle “ The moment Riddler says "he" instead of "you," Batman eases up and walks into the light for the first time in that scene because he knows that Riddler doesn't know his true identity. Riddler even talks about failing to kill Bruce Wayne“ (the whole article is here Does Riddler Know Bruce Wayne Is The Batman?) A One shot Batman film where all the lose ends are tied, the heads of all the corruption are killed, Gotham destroyed, and Batman unmasked brought into the light as Bruce Wayne who would have the most credibility of New Gotham where the real work would have to start.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
1st of all. NONE OF IT was happenstance. And it definitely had zero to do with Catwoman. The Riddler took an apartment across the Falcone's club so he can see everyone go in and out. He knew Colson was in there and that was his next target and hence why he was ALREADY IN his SUV before Colson left. Why Colson? Because Colson was directly responsible for protecting Falcone who was the RAT to take down Sal Maroni.
Colson being on drops and spilling his guts to Batman/Catwoman was happenstance.

Batman was there investigating the Russian girl seen with the mayor. He wasn’t there for Colson.

Riddler was there for Colson but he didn’t send Batman there to meet him. Happenstance

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
First half or 2/3rds is exceptional, as great as I could have hoped for. I think the movie crescendos with about an hour left. The arena scene is riddled with clichés and Riddler's motivations become more generic.. imo Paul Dano also starts to overact after he is unmasked.

Overall, more good than bad. I think it's about as good as Batman Begins with the sequel having the potential to surpass TDK.

Last edited:

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Great watch, loved getting the worlds greatest detective and underground world. Outstanding visually and soundtrack.
  • i needed more unmasked riddler. The arkham scene was electric. Loved it.
  • Outstanding use of riddler, a supremely underuitilized character on film.
  • I didn’t like batmans cape and cowl but i got used to it
  • I just want more of the gotham underground with a movie budget (not Gotham TV quality). A lot of stories there.
  • Kravitz is probably goat catwoman
TDK
This
TDKR
Begins
Returns
Forever
And robin

batfleck
Pattinson
Bale
Keaton
Clooney
West
Kilmer

kravitz
Kitt
Pfeiffer
Hathaway
Halle

Farrell (he actually didnt seem like a CARTOON)
Burgess Meredith
devito
Robin taylor

Last edited: