Official The Batman Thread

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Im a sick guck highkey but the fact they used that deep cut reference of the guy who had the neck bomb really took it next level for me but the movie didn’t keep that ante that’s what I mean by it should’ve pushed it more like in my opinion Gotham should’ve flooded more and the black mayor lady should’ve died as well.
YEA SHE SHOULD HAVE DIED.

:devil:
:evil:

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
I feel like scarecrow would work well in this universe, I feel like they could delve into more abstract concepts like consciousness with that. They will probably avoid it though.
I might be a lil off cuz it’s been years since I played the games but wasn’t there a part of the story where Bats hallucinated off of Scarecrow gas? But like to the complete max where the entire world was warped….that should be a thing in the next movie. Save Joker for last where he reveals he orchestrated the fukkery in the last couple movies.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also

Did anyone else wish Falcone was telling the truth about Thomas Wayne? IDK, I just thought it would've been more interesting if Bruce found out that his father really wasn't as perfect as he thought he was and had to struggle to still be a symbol of hope and not lose his ideals in spite of that. Don't get me wrong, the hospital scene with Alfred defending Thomas Wayne's honor was powerful but it also felt like a bit of a cop out.

I think both Falcone and Alfred were telling the truth. It's just Falcone appears not to tell the FULL story.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The arena scene doesn’t work cause it turns Riddler from a targeted villain to a mass murder. It’s one thing if he was killing the new mayor but that wouldn’t require a team of assassins and flooding an entire city.

Was he just a mass murder the whole time masquerading as getting back at the corruption? Maybe. But then if he was the mass murder then just burn down the club and shoot everyone as they came out and the police.

It felt like the natural end was as the club. Riddler, Catwoman, and Batman were all there. Just have the “I’m vengeance” come from Riddler himself.

But from the literal beginning, it's established that Riddler is a SERIAL KILLER.

Not only that the Riddler explained that the problem isn't just corrupt politicians, police and rich elites but the entire city of GOTHAM needed to be cleansed.

Mass murder what indeed the next step.

It's not like TDK, where Joker started out killing corrupt politicians and mobsters then abruptly made Gotham a litmus test of morality on the two ferries. There's actually a plan with foreshadowing clues throughout The Batman showing where all of it would lead.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
But from the literal beginning, it's established that Riddler is a SERIAL KILLER.

Not only that the Riddler explained that the problem isn't just corrupt politicians, police and rich elites but the entire city of GOTHAM needed to be cleansed.

Mass murder what indeed the next step.

It's not like TDK, where Joker started out killing corrupt politicians and mobsters then abruptly made Gotham a litmus test of morality on the two ferries. There's actually a plan with foreshadowing clues throughout The Batman showing where all of it would lead.

A. That didn’t happen. His first attack were against the mob. He didn’t attack corrupt politicians( the mayor, judge lady, police chief, Rachel, and Harvey, Gordon were clean as a whistle). His point was that everyone was corrupt when pushed and set out to prove it. Corrupting the White Knight. Making Batman kill. Then turning the citizens against each other like the ransom on Reese’s head.

B. It’s never established anything about rhe Riddler’s mindset about killing. All the deaths were done differently.

C. The only connective thread about the killings were the Renewal fund. You know which killings weren’t about the Renewal fund? The arena killings the Riddler didn’t participate in.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m confused what your saying. He makes a preemptive strike against corruption but doesn’t target the mob except for Falcone?

He just floods a whole city of innocent people?

Preemptive implies you know what is going to happen. Random people is the exact opposite.

His entire agenda or the "big picture" he was telling Batman was to cleanse Gotham altogether. But he also had a PERSONAL agenda on the people responsible for killing his father which was the reporter.

He was also a Batman fanboy who he thought understood and shared the same views as he and gave him riddles to help bring Falcone out from seclusion. Which was the general idea because there wasn't any OTHER way to do it. All of it was an elaborate plan to get Falcone out in the open so he could kill him for murdering his father.

It wasn't at all random. And rather ingenious when thinking about it. But like in the comics, the Riddler is a NARCISSIST that wants recognition for what he done and the cleansing of Gotham was his view of being remembered but it only backfired because all it really did was made Batman be viewed as a hero instead or despite him practically pulling it off.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
His entire agenda or the "big picture" he was telling Batman was to cleanse Gotham altogether. But he also had a PERSONAL agenda on the people responsible for killing his father which was the reporter.

He was also a Batman fanboy who he thought understood and shared the same views as he and gave him riddles to help bring Falcone out from seclusion. Which was the general idea because there wasn't any OTHER way to do it. All of it was an elaborate plan to get Falcone out in the open so he could kill him for murdering his father.

It wasn't at all random. And rather ingenious when thinking about it. But like in the comics, the Riddler is a NARCISSIST that wants recognition for what he done and the cleansing of Gotham was his view of being remembered but it only backfired because all it really did was made Batman be viewed as a hero instead or despite him practically pulling it off.
That wasn’t his father. You don’t know what you’re arguing.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

Falcone left the club for the funeral and he didn’t kill him?

It was random. The murders didn’t lead into each other. It pointed to the club but could have been in any order.

If he killed the DA before the mayor it wouldn’t have mattered. The mayor’s death pointed him to the club but the DA was a happenstance of information to Catwoman then he’s caught by the Riddler. Not because of clues.

And if he’s after corruption in general, kill any of Falcone’s men selling drops? Nah. killing the mayor’s wife and kid? Nah. he stuck to the renewal fund perpetrators until he didn’t.

Daps
I love how my nikka

got his dues in this movie. Whole city looks at him as a hero by the end. :wow:

Why the hell did he take a c4 explosion at point-blank range tho? :mjlol:

That tripped me out. :mjlol:

First 30 min of the movie I was ready to say that Battinson ain't it. But by the end, dude grew on me.

This may be the definitive movie portrayal of Batman of our generation.:ohhh:

As far as the folks who didn't like that he took a couple L's, y'all must didnt grow up reading the comics or watching the animated series.

Folks got the drop on the Bat all the time. It is what it is :manny:

How many times did the cartoon start off with my nikka tied up suspended upside down in the air over a vat of chemicals? It happens :manny: