Official The Batman Thread

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Yep he was scared as shyt when he used that wing suit.
I didn't really vibe with the wing suit, but I'm pretty sure it'll be gone in the sequel.

I think alot of what we complained will get cleaned up in the sequel significantly once they introduce Fox.

They got to drop the realism punch sounds tho. They need that pop. Also.. Wayne Tower decor was dreadful

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Surprised you fukk with TDKR because many of your criticisms of The Batman apply to Rises as well. Huge plot holes, a weak and stupid Batman, unnecessary plot threads, unfocused narrative, etc.

I'd rank The Batman above Rises though I'd still put Batman Begins and The Dark Knight above it.
TDKR was byfar Nolan and Bale's laziest effort. Which is a shame. Tom Hardy busted his ass, tho.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He wasn't reckless? He was getting shot left and right in the movie. He damn near lucky that suit bulletproof. :mjlol: But I do agree that he was on the job training
I don't mind that he was getting shot. I always found it a bit silly that he could fight multiple people with automatics head on and none of them could shoot he at least once or land a punch, or guys wouldn't try to hit him from behind (:dame:) while he was fighting someone else. Knowing that anytime he steps out as the Batman he would actually be killed would build up his fearlessness and committed to what he is doing.

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
Im a sick guck highkey but the fact they used that deep cut reference of the guy who had the neck bomb really took it next level for me but the movie didn’t keep that ante that’s what I mean by it should’ve pushed it more like in my opinion Gotham should’ve flooded more and the black mayor lady should’ve died as well.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Yeah that jokers voice sounds wack, sounds like a preteen cac struggling with puberty
This was my gripe. I don’t know what the actor’s voice is like but the voice coming out was a bit too high pitched.

other stuff I noticed:

Why was the Batsignal on a random building anyone could access?

The adrenaline stuff was a callback to Bruce telling Alfred he hadn’t overcome his fear of losing someone he cared about and not making it in time to the explosion. So he not only was he beating that dude off the boost but also because he cares about Selina.

Last edited:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
I feel like scarecrow would work well in this universe, I feel like they could delve into more abstract concepts like consciousness with that. They will probably avoid it though.

Oh yeah, if they want to go for the non-fantastical route, Scarecrow would work, Poison Ivy being an eco-terrorist/anti-oil would work too in a ravaged Gotham post-Riddler....

The start of the Church/funeral scene was amazing but ended up dragging a bit too long...

Adding extra tracking shots made this hit over three hours lol...