Official The Batman Thread

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So many internet Siskel and Ebert’s trying nitpick minor shyt. :mjlol:

If you think you can do better go make your own.

This is the quintessential Batman movie.

This was absolutely the best Batman movie I’ve ever seen. I got goosebumps watching this joint. That chase scene :ohlawd: Batman not being so polished made it so much more interesting. Also I always said you got to be a psychopath to be Batman and Robert played that so well.

A+ movie. I liked it more than TDK.

The Dark Knight is a much better Batman movie. Batman has 0 character challenges in this movie. TDK was all about Batman getting pushed to his limit as a character. Much more interesting IMO.

The action scenes in this one shyt all over Nolan's Batmans though. And this one had the best depiction of Batman inspiring fear.

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
The Dark Knight is a much better Batman movie. Batman has 0 character challenges in this movie. TDK was all about Batman getting pushed to his limit as a character. Much more interesting IMO.
No disrespect but I don’t care about any of that. What I do care about is was the movie enjoyable? And did I have a good time? I really enjoyed it and I had great time watching it. I loved TDK but I really enjoyed this film. The cinematography, the story, the batmobile, the action! I liked that it told a story that kept me captivated. I loved the movie. All that other shyt about Batman not doing this or that didn’t take anything away from how dope the movie was.

Matt Reeves did a great job, it was brilliant IMO.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Might as well call Pattinson the Jobber Knight....Affleck would have given us piff with Deathstroke....

But we get Catwoman...again...Riddler...again...The Penguin again...

The car chase definitely borrowed off of Grindhouse and Death Proof...still dope tho...

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718

Ben Shapiro hates the movie. He thinks it betrays Batman as a character, because at the the end Batman realizes he must be a symbol of hope rather than vengeance (kinda Superman-y to his point, but in this universe I get it). And he keeps rattling on that now Batman will now be more of a firefighter than a vigilante, which wasn't even remotely implied (pretty sure Bats said this No Mans Land style Gotham will have chaos and looting, implying he'll beat the brakes off some people). I don't understand this dude's taste in movies.

:what:Don't nobody here give a fukk about no Ben Shapiro

Do you know what forum you're on????

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was an average batman movie with a few dope scenes. Unfortunately those dope scenes where all in the trailers so they were not a surprise.

Batman should never struggle fighting low level random street goons. Don't care whether it's year 1 or 2. Emo Bruce was also wack. Jokers cameo was terrible. Batman didn't seem like a superhero.. more so just a regular dude in a suit. Thought we were past the grounded portrayals. Nolan already did it better. This movie brought NOTHING NEW to the franchise. NOTHING. I have no desire to see anymore grounded batman movies. It's beyond time to explore the fantasy side and villains.

whole time I'm watching this I was thinking I couldn't believe they bushed the synderverse and batfleck for this? We could have had batman battling deathstroke. They really took 10 steps back and now got no real direction imo. This should be a one and done and they jusr reboot again cause i don't care for any boring sequels in this universe.
I may watch it again but right now this is how I feel.
Another missed opportunity someone at WB need to set these film makers straight.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Bruh it was obvious :russ:

That forum shyt and the whole assassination plot was straight out of *****

Might as well have a Telegram app detailing the whole plot.....Riddler would feel right at home with Proud Boys and MAGA.....Notice they wasted no time shooting at sis...had me uncomfortable af...

perfectblack999

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My thing was they almost did the fear of Batman too well. They had brehs choosing not to go down obvious escape routes because they weren't well lit :mjlol:. Criminals choosing to stay under the street lights on main thoroughfares...that shyt went hard as fukk!

But then you get to the end and you're like "So no one else in Gotham has a story of putting Batman on their ass w/ a shotgun?" :ld:

You'd think Batman had already arrived as some demigod like he is midcareer the way they were acting. The reaction of the dudes on the subway platform ("You want some freak?") was most consistent with what I'd expect for Batman at that point in his career. They coulda leaned into him growing his rep more (like the scene with the Penguin...who the fukk is this crazy motherufcker??? :damn:)

I'm actually fine w/ a young Batman getting his ass kicked a little bit. Having to go back in the lab, and then figuring out how to deal with guns, fighting multiple opponents at once, etc. All the shyt that had him as a demigod midcareer. They kinda went in that direction w/ the journal, but that would have been dope as fukk. Figuring out the psychology of how to beat 10 dudes by having 5 run off in fear at making your presence known, surprising the next 2, and beating the last 3 straight up.

THIS would have been dope to me. But it would have been hard to do this AND the laser focused detective angle in the same movie. Would have had to drop catwoman and some other parts to get it in though.

I wish they had a little more of Bruce monologuing during the film to show what he was fighting against internally