Official The Batman Thread

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
batman-2021-matt-reeves-hush-villain-fandomwire.jpg
Hush got a great design.

And at some point we gotta give people more reasons to come out than just variations on the same villains.

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps

Ben Shapiro hates the movie. He thinks it betrays Batman as a character, because at the the end Batman realizes he must be a symbol of hope rather than vengeance (kinda Superman-y to his point, but in this universe I get it). And he keeps rattling on that now Batman will now be more of a firefighter than a vigilante, which wasn't even remotely implied (pretty sure Bats said this No Mans Land style Gotham will have chaos and looting, implying he'll beat the brakes off some people). I don't understand this dude's taste in movies.

he’s a fukking robotic clown fukk his review

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I would not not mind Scarface too. Maybe as a minor villain.

Hush got a great design.

And at some point we gotta give people more reasons to come out than just variations on the same villains.
Court of Owls, Scarface, Hugo Strange would be very plausible in this universe. I’d love it if Penguin gets more spotlight, and so far that’s what it’s looking like.

Curious if we’ll get to see any supernatural villains though. I can actually picture a few, but there’s this level of groundedness in Reeves’ world that makes me pause. If we do, Clayface is at the top of my list. Already wondering how Giacchino will interpret his theme. :noah:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked her but not her subplot.

But this movie also had absolutely no humor. They didn't need to make it a marvel comedy but some humor would've helped the mood. fukkin Schindler's List had more humor than this flick :francis:

Definitely could've used more humor though I think it was funnier than critics are giving it credit for. But it's a dry/dark sense of humor, not quippy humor. I thought the Penguin's lines were funny, also laughed at the Riddler talking to his followers like a typical YouTuber. I also thought it was funny how the cops were consistently :gucci: whenever Batman showed up at a crime scene.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Court of Owls, Scarface, Hugo Strange would be very plausible in this universe. I’d love it if Penguin gets more spotlight, and so far that’s what it’s looking like.

Curious if we’ll get to see any supernatural villains though. I can actually picture a few, but there’s this level of groundedness in Reeves’ world that makes me pause. If we do, Clayface is at the top of my list. Already wondering how Giacchino will interpret his theme. :noah:
If WB is willing to give me the bag in the streaming universe, break it up. Let penguin and Scarface be in the GCPD HBOmax show and put the Freeze and Clayface in the movies.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
Definitely could've used more humor though I think it was funnier than critics are giving it credit for. But it's a dry/dark sense of humor, not quippy humor. I thought the Penguin's lines were funny, also laughed at the Riddler talking to his followers like a typical YouTuber. I also thought it was funny how the cops were consistently :gucci: whenever Batman showed up at a crime scene.
When he blew the landing after he used the wingsuit was hilarious:mjlol:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps

Can't match any of Shirley Walker's work...he can try his best...