Official The Batman Thread

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Reeves got lazy and did what he did with War for Planet of Apes and started putting other movies in his. And no one gave a fukk about catwomans friend, she had no screen time. Catwoman in all honesty wasn't needed either. She looked cute but really served no purpose.

And people mad at Batman getting worked a couple times when they should be mad at the way the movie went from great to average in an hours time.
Yeah it was.

That was the only current event crime happening in her storyline.

Otherwise the entire movie is prosecuting a twenty year old money laundering crime. The Catwoman/friend story kept in mind how far they had come and what they would do to protect that secret.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
There are some legitimate reasons to dislike the film in here and then there are some just having a really hard time coming to terms with adaptations in general.

I don’t get how one would go into this movie expecting to see him act as Bruce when Matt Reeves stated he got his ideas from The Long Halloween and Year One. Basically just setting their expectations up for failure. There’s a lot of legitimate reasons to dislike the film, him not being Bruce isn’t one of them.

Bruh the people complaining about Batman getting handled in this movie clearly did not read or research the source material the movie was based on. And dont get me started about the ones complaining that Bruce was acting like Batman even without the suit on. That was a plot point in the movie :mindblown:. Bruce will switch it up in the sequel.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Bale was only a few weeks in an took down Maroni's men armed with weapons on the docks with no problem...

2 years in Battison should have done better....
That Batman was a stealth ninja.

Reeves Batman was a boxer taking hits.

A lot of the iconic stuff we associate with Batman isn’t in this version. This version is closer to the version of Nolan’s Batman when he was jumping off roofs in a ski mask and missed the jump.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
That Batman was a stealth ninja.

Reeves Batman was a boxer taking hits.

A lot of the iconic stuff we associate with Batman isn’t in this version. This version is closer to the version of Nolan’s Batman when he was jumping off roofs in a ski mask and missed the jump.

This movie is adapting elements of earlier Batman such as year one and two where his fighting skills are not that up to par. Nolan version had Batman A1 as soon as he put on the cowl. No right or wrong way how each director approach the source material.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
This movie is adapting elements of earlier Batman such as year one and two where his fighting skills are not that up to par. Nolan version had Batman A1 as soon as he put on the cowl. No right or wrong way how each director approach the source material.
I read Batman Earth One and a large difference in that story is most of his training came from Alfred like in the movie.

So all the leaving a room without being seen , smoke bombs, and tech wasn’t there.

Nolan quickly and established all of it with the LOS connection. The tech came from Lucius and Wayne Tech.

We got no sense Bruce was skimming resources from his company for Batman and no sense he used anything but fear as intimidation.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I read Batman Earth One and a large difference in that story is most of his training came from Alfred like in the movie.

So all the leaving a room without being seen , smoke bombs, and tech wasn’t there.

Nolan quickly and established all of it with the LOS connection. The tech came from Lucius and Wayne Tech.

We got no sense Bruce was skimming resources from his company for Batman and no sense he used anything but fear as intimidation.

Yes the whole theatricality and deception was missing in this film, but for sure I expect to see that element added in the sequel.

Daps
Thursday, October 31st. The city streets are crowded for the holiday. Even with the rain. Hidden in the chaos is the element, waiting to strike like snakes. And I'm there too. Watching. 2 years of nights have turned me into a nocturnal animal. I must choose my targets carefully. It's a big city. I can't be everywhere. But they don't know where I am. We have a signal now, for when I'm needed. When that light hits the sky, it's not just a call- it's a warning. To them. Fear is a tool. They think I'm hiding in the shadows. But I AM the shadows. I wish I could say I'm making a difference, but I'm not. Murder, robberies, assault- 2 years later, they're all up. And now this. This city's eating itself. Maybe it can't be saved, but i have to try. PUSH MYSELF. These nights all roll together in a rush, Behind the mask. Sometimes in the morning i have to force myself to remember everything that happened.

- Batman -

Welches-Lied-ist-im-Batman-Trailer-2-Und-wo-man-zuhort-980x400.jpg

Best opening scene monologue in a comicbook film.
:blessed:
It gave me that Rorschach Watchmen vibe.

Last edited:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm kinda glad I skimmed through this thread before watching the movie because I went in expecting the movie to be mid based on a lot of reviews in here... I was thoroughly impressed and have this ranked as my favorite batman film now.

Were you skimming the pages from 2019 :heh:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reeves got lazy and did what he did with War for Planet of Apes and started putting other movies in his. And no one gave a fukk about catwomans friend, she had no screen time. Catwoman in all honesty wasn't needed either. She looked cute but really served no purpose.

And people mad at Batman getting worked a couple times when they should be mad at the way the movie went from great to average in an hours time.

Disagree, Catwoman gave the movie a pulse and I actually liked her subplot with Falcone. It was also interesting how they juxtaposed her idea of justice with Batman's.

The movie was moody and downbeat enough, it would've been absolutely miserable without Catwoman in there