Official The Batman Thread

Stoop Kid

I think i can
Daps
Reppin
ps 118
I'm kinda glad I skimmed through this thread before watching the movie because I went in expecting the movie to be mid based on a lot of reviews in here... I was thoroughly impressed and have this ranked as my favorite batman film now.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
There are some legitimate reasons to dislike the film in here and then there are some just having a really hard time coming to terms with adaptations in general.

I don’t get how one would go into this movie expecting to see him act as Bruce when Matt Reeves stated he got his ideas from The Long Halloween and Year One. Basically just setting their expectations up for failure. There’s a lot of legitimate reasons to dislike the film, him not being Bruce isn’t one of them.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Movie is by no means trash but damn it's crazy what the this movie could have fully been if they committed to what they were doing in the first half of the movie.

That second half :scust:

Riddler's tape revealed all that and that's when the movie should have started concluding/wrapping up. But then Catwoman/Falcone plot comes in which is really just there to give Catwoman more to do and just a mix of a plot we've already saw in Batman Begin and The Dark Knight Rises. And the whole detective/serial killer vibe is thrown out the window. Then they change up Riddler from political serial killer to incel terrorist/Bane 2.0 (again something we've already seen as in terrorist Batman villain) and Riddler is no longer concerned about killing Bruce Wayne who should have been and remained Riddler's final target.
Reeves got lazy and did what he did with War for Planet of Apes and started putting other movies in his. And no one gave a fukk about catwomans friend, she had no screen time. Catwoman in all honesty wasn't needed either. She looked cute but really served no purpose.

And people mad at Batman getting worked a couple times when they should be mad at the way the movie went from great to average in an hours time.

Uno

Superstar
Daps
Bullied as a kid/orphan, gets no women, anti-government, sounds crazy, is an overall loser, and kills innocent people....That little website he had looked like an alt-right/maga message board....

His MO is like every white domestic terrorist we've seen since the end of the Civil War...

His shrieking at the end was cringeworthy...like someone that was off their anti-psychotic medication...

An incel hates women and people that get women but mainly women. I don’t see where he was an incel

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
There were about three or four scenes where Batman's beating up ten people at once :what: What movie were you watching? We really do have some dumb people posting here :mjlol:

And in the major climax the director of the movie then had him struggle against incels off the fukking internet and your goofy ass actually think that bullshyt was even remotely good to include :mjlol:

Some people enjoy things more grounded/realistic.

Batman has always been the most grounded/realistic superhero.

Seems some of y’all want everything to be Avengers.

This movie was refreshing in a world where everything has to be Gods, Magic and huge explosions:manny:

I never said anything about wanting "explosions", "Avengers", "magic" etc. That's just you projecting. Probably because even you know how DUMB it looked to have Batman struggle to fight some regular incels off the internet. :mjlol:

Also half of Batman's main villains are not grounded or realistic so what are you talking about? :mjlol:

Batman is also meant to be one of the best fighters on the planet in his world so again what are you talking about? :mjlol:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
It was an average batman movie with a few dope scenes. Unfortunately those dope scenes where all in the trailers so they were not a surprise.

Batman should never struggle fighting low level random street goons. Don't care whether it's year 1 or 2. Emo Bruce was also wack. Jokers cameo was terrible. Batman didn't seem like a superhero.. more so just a regular dude in a suit. Thought we were past the grounded portrayals. Nolan already did it better. This movie brought NOTHING NEW to the franchise. NOTHING. I have no desire to see anymore grounded batman movies. It's beyond time to explore the fantasy side and villains.

whole time I'm watching this I was thinking I couldn't believe they bushed the synderverse and batfleck for this? We could have had batman battling deathstroke. They really took 10 steps back and now got no real direction imo. This should be a one and done and they jusr reboot again cause i don't care for any boring sequels in this universe.
Snyder’s Batman was fukking trash. This was at least a different take.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And in the major climax the director of the movie then had him struggle against incels off the fukking internet and your goofy ass actually think that bullshyt was even remotely good to include :mjlol:

I never said anything about wanting "explosions", "Avengers", "magic" etc. That's just you projecting. Probably because even you know how DUMB it looked to have Batman struggle to fight some regular incels off the internet. :mjlol:
Imo it would have looked dumb for him not to get touched the whole movie. His entire career up to that point was fighting regular incels.

Also half of Batman's main villains are not grounded or realistic so what are you talking about? :mjlol:
Not true. Only few are all magic powered up. Most of their “powers” are through technology or things they learned/created.

Batman is also meant to be one of the best fighters on the planet in his world so again what are you talking about? :mjlol:
Don’t matter how good a fighter you are, you up against 10 dudes with shotguns and rifles you might get touched :francis:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
A lot of the killings were really clunky, and absurd, undercutting any realism

The car scene was forgivable, felt like the animated series in a good way, with a good performance y Skarsgard

The bomb in the mail, how many movies have done that?

The apartment was nicely done, but the shot from the window?

The arena/climax was right out of The Dark Knight Rises

It felt very tacked on and forced, the whole chatroom thing

It all unfolded in a very disjointed and stumbling manner. The script was just riddled with pacing problems, and bad lines, I really maybe let myself down by thinking this would be a smaller scale movie, without all the window dressing and action sequences.