Official The Batman Thread

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
This.

Loved the first half, everyone was into the movie but by the 3rd act it lost most of us.

You summarized it perfectly but it's not a total fumble.

Movie is by no means trash but damn it's crazy what the this movie could have fully been if they committed to what they were doing in the first half of the movie.

That second half :scust:

that’s when the movie got the strongest for me. The stakes of uncovering the corruption started to hit home. Catwoman’s friend got murdered, the bombing of the funeral, and Thomas’ connection to Falcone.

The third act falters cause it switches back to being a Riddler movie who goes into stereo typical kill a bunch of people mode for no reason.

Like Selina was at the Gotham Square arena for no reason. It’s like she didn’t even notice the wall break until the water was at her feet.

Riddler's tape revealed all that and that's when the movie should have started concluding/wrapping up. But then Catwoman/Falcone plot comes in which is really just there to give Catwoman more to do and just a mix of a plot we've already saw in Batman Begin and The Dark Knight Rises. And the whole detective/serial killer vibe is thrown out the window. Then they change up Riddler from political serial killer to incel terrorist/Bane 2.0 (again something we've already seen as in terrorist Batman villain) and Riddler is no longer concerned about killing Bruce Wayne who should have been and remained Riddler's final target.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Ben Shapiro hates the movie. He thinks it betrays Batman as a character, because at the the end Batman realizes he must be a symbol of hope rather than vengeance (kinda Superman-y to his point, but in this universe I get it). And he keeps rattling on that now Batman will now be more of a firefighter than a vigilante, which wasn't even remotely implied (pretty sure Bats said this No Mans Land style Gotham will have chaos and looting, implying he'll beat the brakes off some people). I don't understand this dude's taste in movies.

Why in the fukk are you posting content from a white supremacist? :gucci:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Matt Reeves really made a Batman movie where Batman struggles to win a fight against random Incels off the internet

There were about three or four scenes where Batman's beating up ten people at once :what: What movie were you watching? We really do have some dumb people posting here :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Matt Reeves really made a Batman movie where Batman struggles to win a fight against random Incels off the internet :mjlol:

And some of you are really saying this is the "GOAT Batman movie"? :what::mjlol:
Some people enjoy things more grounded/realistic.

Batman has always been the most grounded/realistic superhero.

Seems some of y’all want everything to be Avengers.

This movie was refreshing in a world where everything has to be Gods, Magic and huge explosions:manny:

perfectblack999

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After sitting on it a little, I was a little harsh on my immediate review. There are so many things this movie got right.

Pros:
  • Gotham really felt like Gotham.
  • The movie really conveyed how a criminal should feel when Batman comes on the scene. I don’t think any other Batman film has done it that well.
  • This is the closest you’d get to a Batman Comic. It felt like something you’d see in a Batman animated movie (very much like the long Halloween)
  • The Batman theme was great
  • Penguin, Catwoman, Gordon we’re all excellent
  • Pattinson’s Batman was great

Cons:

• Movie was long AF. And not in a good way. I don’t know how people are saying it didn’t feel like 3 hours because towards the end I kept thinking “damn this is still going on?”
  • The riddles and mystery didn’t draw me in. Almost every riddle had an instant answer. I didn’t find it engaging or mysterious.
  • In general I felt no sense of tension, or dread the whole movie. Even Alfred getting blown up, there was no reason for me to care.
  • Pattinson’s Bruce Wayne was weird AF to me. Gave me “weird cousin that you don’t really talk to at the family reunion” vibes
  • Hyper realistic Batman is meh to me now. We’ve already seen it done well. I feel like this Batman puts a limit on the villains you can introduce later

Last edited:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The whole movie is about Batman tryna be more calculated than reckless. He's Year 2. Somehow that's still being missed...

The "it's only year 2" excuse can't explain away every misstep in the movie.

I'm cool with him crashing while using the flying suit and some of his other errors but getting handled by a regular old man in crunch time just didn't work.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Matt Reeves really made a Batman movie where Batman struggles to win a fight against random Incels off the internet :mjlol:

And some of you are really saying this is the "GOAT Batman movie"? :what::mjlol:

This is their King y'all...can't be the GOAT Batman and yelp like a sheep running away from the police about to jump off a building...

There were about three or four scenes where Batman's beating up ten people at once :what: What movie were you watching? We really do have some dumb people posting here :mjlol:

We seen the club scene in TDK and Forever, give us something new. You mean the 10 incels at the end he barely beat up and nearly got killed by?