Official The Batman Thread

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
He probably got mad at Selina’s “white male privilege” line and Bella Real reminded him of AOC. But because he doesn’t wanna come across as biased he nitpicked other things. If you’ve read even a snippet of Shapiro’s fictional books you wouldn’t take anything he has to say about movies or screenwriting seriously

lol he complained about all that within the first 3 mins.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I see. But that’s the reason it doesn’t fit to me. There’s no gradual escalation.

The order in which people were killed didn’t matter. He could have shot Falcone when he went out for the funeral and not changed anything.

We/Batman we’re just being teased with random information to build a story then it jumps to a mass murder.

I really don't understand why it's so hard for you to believe the Riddler could become a mass murderer. We see school shooters like him every month now with targeted plans to get revenge on a few people by wrecking havoc on the whole. They always claim to want to get back at at the people who bullied them but their plans involve killing way more than just their tormentors.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
:to: Anybody seen a rip of this yet? Idc if it’s cam. Couldn't get the grandparents to watch the kids so I couldn’t go see it. I’m itching brehs
You’ll be doing yourself a massive disservice watching this on cam. Just wait it out for the theater experience, family. It’s well worth it and you’ll thank me later. :whoa:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I really don't understand why it's so hard for you to believe the Riddler could become a mass murderer. We see school shooters like him every month now with targeted plans to get revenge on a few people by wrecking havoc on the whole. They always claim to want to get back at at the people who bullied them but their plans involve killing way more than just their tormentors.
School shooters by definition refute your point. They shoot up a school cause that’s the cause of their pain. They aren’t recruiting people to kill people at funerals or at police stations.

They have narrow goals.

A serial killer and a mass murder murder aren’t the same thing. A serial killer can kill 20 people and never be called a mass murder cause the reasoning behind a serial killer are specific. A mass murder could kill 10 people and not be considered a serial killer for the same reason.

Edit:

Now if you say the arena was for his followers who hate Gotham general and don’t care about the Renewal project corruption per say. That’s fine. But we are following the Riddler’s motivation for 3/4 of the movie just to switch in the last 1/4 for random followers.

Last edited:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
How was he an incel?

Bullied as a kid/orphan, gets no women, anti-government, sounds crazy, is an overall loser, and kills innocent people....That little website he had looked like an alt-right/maga message board....

His MO is like every white domestic terrorist we've seen since the end of the Civil War...

His shrieking at the end was cringeworthy...like someone that was off their anti-psychotic medication...

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
batman-beat.gif

5 hits? Pillow hands...

That fight choreography :picard:

That looks like a man who's trained in nothing but bar room brawling. I was expecting the fights to not look as bad as Nolan's but it's the same clunky movements.

The arena scene doesn’t work cause it turns Riddler from a targeted villain to a mass murder. It’s one thing if he was killing the new mayor but that wouldn’t require a team of assassins and flooding an entire city.

Was he just a mass murder the whole time masquerading as getting back at the corruption? Maybe. But then if he was the mass murder then just burn down the club and shoot everyone as they came out and the police.

It felt like the natural end was as the club. Riddler, Catwoman, and Batman we’re all there. Just have the “I’m vengeance” come from Riddler himself.

I didn't even mention that in my review but the whole arena scene was pretty bad. Riddler going from serial killer to full blown terrorist with his own followers was too much. It fell into the same CBM movie trap with explosions and mass destruction for the climax.

Batman hanging for dear life and being rescued by Catwoman made him like a bytch:mjlol:. He didn't feel very heroic during any of the chaos.

Another thing that didn't connect was Alfred getting hit. He barely got any screen time so there wasn't any weight behind him getting hurt. If he died it wouldn't have mattered. Probably would've been better off saving that for movie 2 or 3 after the audience had time to connect with him.

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised