Official The Batman Thread

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Basically I’m saying the first ones were personal, the end was a f you to the whole city. I think that was always his intention, to do his personal stuff and let his minions do the rest
I see. But that’s the reason it doesn’t fit to me. There’s no gradual escalation.

The order in which people were killed didn’t matter. He could have shot Falcone when he went out for the funeral and not changed anything.

We/Batman we’re just being teased with random information to build a story then it jumps to a mass murder.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
So ummm... what happened here :patrice:

He probably changed his mind about revealing her identity. He didn’t know she was Maria Kyle’s kid even though she she did her mom brought her to the club.

He probably thought it gave her different motivation to kill her father without him knowing.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
how doesn't it? They were all in one room together. Other than a mayoral elect event what other opportunity would he have where everyone's in the same spot at once? Use your head...
They were all at the club.
Police, Catwoman, Batman, the sleazy politicians in the club within the club. Random club goers.

Riddler is right across the street. Literally just shoot up the club.

The only person not there was the only good person, the new mayor. And you shave 20 mins off.

Last edited:

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
I see. But that’s the reason it doesn’t fit to me. There’s no gradual escalation.

The order in which people were killed didn’t matter. He could have shot Falcone when he went out for the funeral and not changed anything.

We/Batman we’re just being teased with random information to build a story then it jumps to a mass murder.

True, was a big jump.

I wonder what he(Riddler) would have done if the riddle was solved before it was all supposed to go down

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
True, was a big jump.

I wonder what he(Riddler) would have done if the riddle was solved before it was all supposed to go down
The DA could have saved himself.

If Riddler just blew him up anyways then that would be a good indication that he doesn’t care and would eventually go on a killing spree.

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards
The-Batman-Crying-Thug-Jay-Lycurgo-Featured.jpg
so what are the chances of him having a role in the future. He's Tim Drake on Titans and The Batman made him seem redeemable

I was thinking the same thing.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
It was an average batman movie with a few dope scenes. Unfortunately those dope scenes where all in the trailers so they were not a surprise.

Batman should never struggle fighting low level random street goons. Don't care whether it's year 1 or 2. Emo Bruce was also wack. Jokers cameo was terrible. Batman didn't seem like a superhero.. more so just a regular dude in a suit. Thought we were past the grounded portrayals. Nolan already did it better. This movie brought NOTHING NEW to the franchise. NOTHING. I have no desire to see anymore grounded batman movies. It's beyond time to explore the fantasy side and villains.

whole time I'm watching this I was thinking I couldn't believe they bushed the synderverse and batfleck for this? We could have had batman battling deathstroke. They really took 10 steps back and now got no real direction imo. This should be a one and done and they jusr reboot again cause i don't care for any boring sequels in this universe.

+++ Rep breh..

This was Watchmen with better direction, just don't see the high praise. Clunky exposition, poor action/fight sequences, and the 9/11 plot in the third act was a bit over the top..

Reeves said he wanted to make this better than Nolan's films...he failed so far but Wright and Kravitz really was the glue that held this jawn together tbh..

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
So one thing I wasn't clear on from the movie does Riddler know if he's Bruce Wayne or not
He seemed to have it all put together and was taunting Batman like he knew but then he also said something like now we don't have to worry about bruce wayne anymore while Batman met him in arkham implying he doesn't know his identity

The clue addressed to the Batman said see you in hell when Bruce got blown up

Not sure whether Riddler was too brilliant but crazy to actually put what was right in his face together
I don’t think he actually cared who Batman was. He was just muscle.

He only discovered the Renewal scam because of the accounting fraud he was working on.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Ben Shapiro hates the movie. He thinks it betrays Batman as a character, because at the the end Batman realizes he must be a symbol of hope rather than vengeance (kinda Superman-y to his point, but in this universe I get it). And he keeps rattling on that now Batman will now be more of a firefighter than a vigilante, which wasn't even remotely implied (pretty sure Bats said this No Mans Land style Gotham will have chaos and looting, implying he'll beat the brakes off some people). I don't understand this dude's taste in movies.

3 mins in this dude complaining about a black catwoman, black mayor, woke ness and all the criminals are white. I stopped watching.