Official The Batman Thread

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The whole movie I was waiting for a actually superhero assist.

Because the riddler was working him without any fisticuffs.

I enjoyed the cinematography and what looks like callbacks to older movies and some other things but overall...

Meh.

Was it just me or did it feel like most of the cast was whispering or talking under there breath the whole movie?

Most of my hang ups are things like people missing shots, taking explosion head on and doing other dumb things to advance the plot.

Overall I feel like batman lost at the end of the movie which is a odd feeling to walk away with.

This is BY FAR my favorite version of penguin tho and the highlight of the movie for me

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
Not really I think

Dude was making hella mistakes (for Batman) all movie

Getting hit in fights

Mistranslation of that one clue which Penguin had to correct

Stalled in the Batmobile

Got his parachute caught behind the bridge

Couldn't save Alfred

Caught lacking by Riddler's guy with the shotgun

Not dedicating enough attention to the Bruce Wayne alter-ego

I think the whole point of these scenes was to show he is still lacking major experience

All of this.

I say this Batman is more in line with his Arkham: Origins/Year One portrayals where he's running on anger and rage, was wildly uncomfortable whenever he's outside of the suit, and figuring shyt out as he goes along. He hasn't gained the experience needed to realize WHY he needed to lean more into the Bruce Wayne alter ego

Which may or may not be one of the things that tips Riddler off as to who he is

He still hasn't figured out his own gadgets, still gets caught lacking every so often in fights, still stumbles ever so slightly in the actual detective work. Even his Batcave and armor is really barebones and basic in design.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That doesn’t wash. He lets the actual mob laundering the money and corrupting the city go to attack politicians who (at least one) was actually trying to do something good?

He was willing to kill Bruce because of his father but let’s Falcone’s right hand man Penguin live?

And again, those collateral damage citizens, were the people hurt by the people he was unmasking.

He stopped targeting in favor of just random killing.

He’s not changing anything except the population count.

Shoot up the club kills almost everyone the arena does. Plus you don’t have to have Catwoman randomly show up cause she’s connected to the club and already there.
There is a reason he went to Arkham and not Blackgate.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
fukk if this was my favorite Batman and from the announcement I resisted, I want my Batfleck movie I thought Pattinson would be a horrible Batman. I was wrong as hell, I told my buddy it’s like they took the source material and put it in a movie instead of making a movie and inserting Batman, he might not be my favorite Bruce, but he was a great Batman. It felt like I was watching the no nonsense Arkham series/ Comic Batman, everything dead pan no emotion..fights were great, I thought he wouldn’t be intermediating enough, I got proved wrong on the first fight. Riddler, Selina, and Gordon were all great, Penguin stole the show for me. I felt it ran long but not sure what I would cut so with that 9/10. Definitely looking forward to where they take this Batman.

yeah i think the issue this movie will face is nostalgia bias because we are kind of fresh of the Nolan series which was good so this will always have to compare to that than say the 90s flicks.

this was a damn good movie and Id argue a more complex watch than the Nolan series

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
So one thing I wasn't clear on from the movie does Riddler know if he's Bruce Wayne or not
He seemed to have it all put together and was taunting Batman like he knew but then he also said something like now we don't have to worry about bruce wayne anymore while Batman met him in arkham implying he doesn't know his identity

The clue addressed to the Batman said see you in hell when Bruce got blown up

Not sure whether Riddler was too brilliant but crazy to actually put what was right in his face together

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Not really I think

Dude was making hella mistakes (for Batman) all movie

Getting hit in fights

Mistranslation of that one clue which Penguin had to correct

Stalled in the Batmobile

Got his parachute caught behind the bridge

Couldn't save Alfred

Caught lacking by Riddler's guy with the shotgun

Not dedicating enough attention to the Bruce Wayne alter-ego

I think the whole point of these scenes was to show he is still lacking major experience

I thought that was realistic as fukk. Batman aint some over powered meta human. If you want to add some realistic shyt to fantasy of course he had fukk up nights. Crazy mofo swinging and flying through the city of course he gon crash sometimes. Fighting 10 people at once yeah a few hits gon get through. There was reason he was out of cartilage knees and shyt was shot in justice league

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
So one thing I wasn't clear on from the movie does Riddler know if he's Bruce Wayne or not
He seemed to have it all put together and was taunting Batman like he knew but then he also said something like now we don't have to worry about bruce wayne anymore while Batman met him in arkham implying he doesn't know his identity

The clue addressed to the Batman said see you in hell when Bruce got blown up

Not sure whether Riddler was too brilliant but crazy to actually put what was right in his face together

I don’t think he knew. Maybe he was CLOSE to figuring it out and then reasoned that spoiled ass son of a corrupt politician Bruce Wayne just COULDN’T be Batman.

But i think it was clear in the interrogation scene he didn’t know