Official The Batman Thread

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Great movie. Felt like it went a few minutes too long. I liked that that they didn't try to drop an epic and do too much. They got it right.

Only things i didnt like was where was billionaire playboy Bruce. Bruce Wayne was out in public looking like a recluse. I hope that guy snickering at the end aint gonna be how they do the Joker. I kind of felt like Batman's "toys" could have been a little more high tech, but that's just nit picking.

Pattison was great as Batman/Bruce, but the whole movie I kept thinking he would be perfect as Nightwing. He just looked more like Grayson.

What was that green stuff Batman shot in his body at the end? He recharged his health like a video game :russ:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the part I loved about this movie. People knew how messed up the Riddler was but Batman was right there the whole time. His club punching madness. Leaning into the fear element and his whole vengeance shtick. I felt this was a toned down Rorschach movie. A big part I haven't seen mentioned is the focus of cameras whilst he's driving. The madness of swerving in and out of lanes is given perspective from POV. The Penguin chase scene where we get a shot of Penguin after the fire and Batman rams his car. The bike shots. Covered in cheap face paint just to not be Bruce.

:blessed:

This dude is a legit psycho. The broken imperial March fits because this character isn't refined. He has a Jaws impact when hunting. Something is about to go down when that music bubbles and it definitely sounds like an enemy coming.

He stalks and hates being out of the suit. Ultimately that is what turns the tide. Being Bruce. The juxtaposition of him entering the club as Bruce and Bat and the way he is confronted with power and respect is genius. Same way I felt about headman showing up to the funeral in Bruce's form.

As for mending the two personalities of Bruce and Batman, they did substantial work. Batman executes off of the morality spectrum from Bruce. He's conflicted when his hero becomes dirty and that Bruce does deserve justice not paid by his father.

They fixed him quite a bit during the end and that's why I hope we get the Court of Owls as a sequel. Just when he's turning the corner he's broken once again.

:blessed:

Bruh, the mere fact that the sole reason Riddler was sending Batman personal letters to him was because the Riddler was a fan! He was the ONLY ONE who understood they were cut under the same cloth and really aren't at all any different. He actually saw Batman an ALLY sending him clues to do his dirty work. That's why Riddler was so disappointed when he finally saw him. He assumed Batman was in on it and they could sit back and chill watching Gotham get flooded out.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw Matt Reeves explain it and I understood where he was coming from with it:
That if you remove that scene, it takes away from the notion Selina told Batman, that Gotham doesn’t change. It gets over the ideas that even if Batman might’ve won this battle the war with crime never ends, especially now that there’s a power vacuum with Falcone gone.You can argue there’s other ways of getting those points across without Joker but it seems like they have an idea for Joker in this universe and how they wanna use it and this was both an Easter egg and also a way of potentially setting up a sequel maybe involving him.

Nah, due to Batman's optimistic closing monologue and Catwoman's pessimistic conversation, we already established the future challenges that'll face Batman. We are virtually at the NO MAN'S LAND arc right now. We didn't need that scene.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally a movie about BATMAN

9/10

The score :wow:

The cinematography :wow:

Eveytime Batman was about to go work you felt that … “ahhh shyt you nikkaz bout to get fukked up now” feeling

Riddler was … ok , The penguin was better, I actually wish he was the main villain

That and the film could have been 2 hours and 30 minutes but whatever

I don’t know if I can put it above dark knight but it’s right there close to me

Whoever did the music for this deserves a firm handshake and a hug

Penguin is getting his own series on HBO Max similar to how Peacemaker is getting a spin-off after The Suicide Squad.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great movie. Felt like it went a few minutes too long. I liked that that they didn't try to drop an epic and do too much. They got it right.

Only things i didnt like was where was billionaire playboy Bruce. Bruce Wayne was out in public looking like a recluse. I hope that guy snickering at the end aint gonna be how they do the Joker. I kind of felt like Batman's "toys" could have been a little more high tech, but that's just nit picking.

Pattison was great as Batman/Bruce, but the whole movie I kept thinking he would be perfect as Nightwing. He just looked more like Grayson.

What was that green stuff Batman shot in his body at the end? He recharged his health like a video game :russ:

I explained this already about Bruce.

The movie already asserted that this was Batman at year 2. Bare in mind that the real Bruce Wayne died the same night his parents have died and the emphasis throughout the film that Batman is really no different from Riddler to the point that Riddler was low-key fanboying, that this was a still psychologically damaged young man who could care less of putting up a front. That made it point especially clear at the very beginning with Alfred was talking about his parent's legacy and later with the Mayor candidate asking why he's not out with all the wealth and resources he has. The whole movie WAS about the arc from pure vigilantism to actual heroism. He went from pessimistic about Gotham with more of hope and optimism and with that, we MAY see the face of Bruce Wayne. But this is still bit of an origin story of Batman in his earliest years.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
I liked it but I think y’all gassed it a bit.

It’s a beautiful film and the detective part of the movie is right on the money. Catwoman is sexy af.

I didn’t like emo Bruce Wayne and the length of the movie. Also, Batman hammer fisted someone and he got up like it was nothing :russ: Cmon son. And a flight suit? What you wearing the cape for nikka???

This movie made me think of a live action Arkham tho. I’d give it a 8/10

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
I liked it but I think y’all gassed it a bit.

It’s a beautiful film and the detective part of the movie is right on the money. Catwoman is sexy af.

I didn’t like emo Bruce Wayne and the length of the movie. Also, Batman hammer fisted someone and he got up like it was nothing :russ: Cmon son. And a flight suit? What you wearing the cape for nikka???

This movie made me think of a live action Arkham tho. I’d give it a 8/10

It was like this Batman was too slow at times, his movements and fighting were very rigid. His shots weren't one hitta quittas....

Is this better then Batman Begins?

Unequivocally no...just a slight hair better than the Burton films. TDK it definitely is not...