Official The Batman Thread

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Read about six different reviews and everyone seems to loves it.

Off work Monday, ticket is bought. Second row to the back on the right. I'm ready.

OegumJZ.gif

Random question: Where's your ideal movie theatre seating?

Middle seat, last row to get the best view....Also bad for shytheads who screen surf during a movie...I hit the matinees for this to avoid ADHD teens/genz/Millenials

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Saw the movie twice and it was…cool :obama:

Robert Patterson played a GREAT Batman and the entire film literally felt like it came from a graphic novel. Matt Reeves understood the assignment I can tell you that. Especially with the first 20 minutes.

The movie legit felt like a crime drama and i kinda wish the movie wasn’t PG-13.

Having said all that I don’t know why I’m not :gladbron: like everybody else is with the movie. I feel like it was missing something but I can’t put my finger on it :patrice:

My only gripes is that it should NOT be 3 hours long. They could have cut some shyt out..

And also
The Joker tease. Cause ONCE again we have to go through this :dame:

I still don’t know where I’m gonna rank this with all the Batman movies. But I WILL say that it is NOT better then “Dark Knight.” At least TO ME :yeshrug:

But once again…DC has to rely on the Batman property to save their ass when it comes to their live action shyt.

Damn shame…this was suppose to be Affleck’s movie.

Last edited:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps

Robert Patterson played a GREAT Batman and the entire film literally felt like it came from a graphic novel. Matt Reeves understood the assignment I can tell you that. Especially with the first 20 minutes.

The movie legit felt like a crime drama and i kinda wish the movie was PG-13.

Having said all that I don’t know why I’m not :gladbron: like everybody else is with the movie. I feel like it was missing something but I can’t put my finger on it :patrice:

My only gripes is that it should NOT be 3 hours long. They could have cut some shyt out..

And also

I still don’t know where I’m gonna rank this with all the Batman movies. But I WILL say that it is NOT better then “Dark Knight.” At least TO ME :yeshrug:

But once again…DC has to rely on the Batman property to save their ass when it comes to their live action shyt.

This was just Watchmen without the fantastical elements if we are being honest. Right down to the bad makeup on the Penguin....

Devito's Penguin was better...

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps

The movie legit felt like a crime drama and i kinda wish the movie was PG-13.

And also

Exactly how I felt

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
This movie was brilliant. I have one small criticism that's actually a nitpick:
and that's the bullshyt Joker cameo scene. It wasn't necessary AT ALL.

But I have to pushback on people who complaining about how Bruce Wayne was portrayed. Understand this and to those who haven't seen it, understand this when coming into this movie: THAT WAS NOT BRUCE WAYNE. You have to be in the mindset from the common knowledge you know about Batman lore that the REAL BRUCE WAYNE DIED the night his PARENTS WERE MURDERED. So, what y'all complaining is why this version Bruce Wayne was not a playboy philanthropist which was always a FRONT. They're disregarding that this is year TWO Batman and Bruce Wayne in actuality is MENTALLY ILL (which they NEVER FULLY explored the previous versions of Batman films, the closest exception is BvS). So why a YEAR 2 BATMAN who's is completely mentally sick, with an apathetic care about the people of Gotham and all he wants is to seek vengeance and fukk up criminals.as a way of self-therapy. And this was ADDRESSED in the film about him not showing as front to the people and him STAYING in Batman mode even when he is Bruce Wayne. The whole movie is an ARCH for Batman from being a pure vigilante to becoming an actual HERO. I guarantee if they make a sequel, they'll have the Bruce Wayne you come to expect due to that growth, where he's more visual to the public and being that philanthropist and all.
That’s only one interpretation of Batman I’ve never fully agreed on. I don’t mind this Bruce being young and not coming to the realization that he needs to work on his “mask”, which is Bruce. However, I felt like this movie took a lot of liberties of hoping the fans understand that this Batman is not at his final form. Like I’ve stated before, this would have made for a better TV series………But the movie was cool, I liked it…. But my girl was sleep

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Flick was cool to me. Batman as a dude with regular build who is powered by sheer force of will and his ability to generate fear, is way scarier than someone who's diesel. Same reason why Jon Bernthal's 'Punisher' was so :picard:

I'll always be a fan of that fine line when he's starting out, when criminals go from "Batman?!:childplease: Get the fukk outta here :mjlol:" to "BATMAN! :merchant:GET THE fukk OUTTA HERE! :damn:"

Riddler was what I hoped the for from a live action version of the character. Colin Farrell was completely unrecognizeable. The 'Christine' :demonic:vibe of The Batmobile was great. Appreciated the easter eggs they tossed in.

Left themselves a bunch of directions to go for the sequels too.

Bruce explaining how he uses the shadows and fear was excellent, once the bat signal goes up criminals should be scared to death, hell even upstanding citizens should be weary

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The whole movie is an ARCH for Batman from being a pure vigilante to becoming an actual HERO.
Even at the end of the flooding scene, he reaches for the mayor to save her and she goes:usure:. It takes Mitchell's son, who saw him trying to help the cops early in the movie, to take his hand before people feel comfortable. We even see the girl being taken on the helicopter get scared when she realizes that she has to leave Batman.

Last edited:

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Just finished watching this movie....I like EVERTYTHING about this movie! I really liked the grittiness of it all and just how ruthless things were. Im looking forward to how things will be fleshed out more in the sequel. I also wouldn't mind a Court of Owls storyline!

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Cats jaywalking looking at the symbol like :mjcry:thinking they wind pipe about to be crushed.

Dude had the next mayor telling him she's been hitting up his phone so they can work together and he had :unimpressed:

Anyone catch that Batman and Riddler kept similar journals.

We start off with Bruce writing his thoughts down in a journal everyday, date on the top of the page.

When they're in Riddler's spot, they find his journal, which is formatted similarly and the cop looking at it like "This guy is out of his fukking mind:picard:"

Sequel is going to be fukking nuts, Reeves can have all out mayhem while bringing in Court of Owls.

This is the part I loved about this movie. People knew how messed up the Riddler was but Batman was right there the whole time. His club punching madness. Leaning into the fear element and his whole vengeance shtick. I felt this was a toned down Rorschach movie. A big part I haven't seen mentioned is the focus of cameras whilst he's driving. The madness of swerving in and out of lanes is given perspective from POV. The Penguin chase scene where we get a shot of Penguin after the fire and Batman rams his car. The bike shots. Covered in cheap face paint just to not be Bruce.

:blessed:

This dude is a legit psycho. The broken imperial March fits because this character isn't refined. He has a Jaws impact when hunting. Something is about to go down when that music bubbles and it definitely sounds like an enemy coming.

He stalks and hates being out of the suit. Ultimately that is what turns the tide. Being Bruce. The juxtaposition of him entering the club as Bruce and Bat and the way he is confronted with power and respect is genius. Same way I felt about Batman showing up to the funeral in Bruce's form.

As for mending the two personalities of Bruce and Batman, they did substantial work. Batman executes off of the morality spectrum from Bruce. He's conflicted when his hero becomes dirty and that Bruce does deserve justice not paid by his father.

They fixed him quite a bit during the end and that's why I hope we get the Court of Owls as a sequel. Just when he's turning the corner he's broken once again.

:blessed:

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reading about the film's development:

Forgot Jonah Hill was in talks to play Riddler or Penguin

Also forgot that Ana de Armas, Zazie Beets, Alicia Vikander were contenders for Catwoman.