Official The Batman Thread

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Movie really suffered from its length and its loss of focus in the latter parts. That's too bad because there were good things about. Cinematography, realism, grittiness of the city and tension of the investigation... All that was cool but they really could have cut a lot of the third act out. That
terroristic shyt came out of nowhere
and the Riddler would have benefited from being introduced for real way earlier.

I really like how they filmed this. Everybody looked charismatic as hell. Those POV scenes where Batman stepped in corridors full of cops and thugs were gripping. It really added to the tension of not knowing who to trust and who was corrupt or not.

I also like this a$$hole-ish edgy Bruce Wayne, a little bit of a lost weirdo. My man really
confronted Alfred as soon as dude opened his eyes :mjlol: told Selina her friend deserved to be choked to death because she hanged with criminals :mjlol:

I just wish Batman's character development was laid out with more precision. Same thing with the Riddler's motives and background. Third act hurt a good movie imo.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I also like this a$$hole-ish edgy Bruce Wayne, a little bit of a lost weirdo. My man really
confronted Alfred as soon as dude opened his eyes :mjlol: told Selina her friend deserved to be choked to death because she hanged with criminals :mjlol:
This was one of those scenes that came off as unintentionally hilarious to me. :mjlol:

Alfred: :obama:“Oh Bruce, it’s so nice to see y—

Bruce: “You lied to me. All them years.” :martin::what:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So i just seen this movie. Not a bad movie and i assume hes been batman for what 2 years now? The whole story about his parents being how they were is that in the comics?

This man a billionaire and driving around on a mopad all movie :mjlol: fight scenes were dope. Riddler was meh we need someone for him to fight. Riddler seemed to be a cross of the saw puppet and scarecrow

Metal Face

Superstar
Daps
Movie was dope but my timeline gassed it up too much :stopitslime:

Zoe Kravitz in leather :banderas:

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
This movie was brilliant. I have one small criticism that's actually a nitpick:
and that's the bullshyt Joker cameo scene. It wasn't necessary AT ALL.
I saw Matt Reeves explain it and I understood where he was coming from with it:
That if you remove that scene, it takes away from the notion Selina told Batman, that Gotham doesn’t change. It gets over the ideas that even if Batman might’ve won this battle the war with crime never ends, especially now that there’s a power vacuum with Falcone gone.You can argue there’s other ways of getting those points across without Joker but it seems like they have an idea for Joker in this universe and how they wanna use it and this was both an Easter egg and also a way of potentially setting up a sequel maybe involving him.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I saw Matt Reeves explain it and I understood where he was coming from with it:
That if you remove that scene, it takes away from the notion Selina told Batman, that Gotham doesn’t change. It gets over the ideas that even if Batman might’ve won this battle the war with crime never ends, especially now that there’s a power vacuum with Falcone gone.You can argue there’s other ways of getting those points across without Joker but it seems like they have an idea for Joker in this universe and how they wanna use it and this was both an Easter egg and also a way of potentially setting up a sequel maybe involving him.

I rather him just always be in the background and maybe an inevitable show down in a 'final' film than they rush him in asap in a sequel.

Iamnutz

midnight marauder
Daps
Reppin
#585 #ROC
Really good flick
I never watched any Twilight movie so I never had any preconceived opinions of Pattinson.i thought he nailed this version of Batman.
Zoe Kravitz... gorgeous... That's all
The soundtrack is amazing..by the same guy who did rogue one..so I can see the similarities

QUOTE="Ribbs, post: 45205499, member: 24436"]Read about six different reviews and everyone seems to loves it.

Off work Monday, ticket is bought. Second row to the back on the right. I'm ready.

OegumJZ.gif

Random question: Where's your ideal movie theatre seating?[/QUOTE]
IMAX .. center.. 1 of the last 3 rows

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Finally a movie about BATMAN

9/10

The score :wow:

The cinematography :wow:

Eveytime Batman was about to go work you felt that … “ahhh shyt you nikkaz bout to get fukked up now” feeling

Riddler was … ok , The penguin was better, I actually wish he was the main villain

That and the film could have been 2 hours and 30 minutes but whatever

I don’t know if I can put it above dark knight but it’s right there close to me

Whoever did the music for this deserves a firm handshake and a hug

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even at the end of the flooding scene, he reaches for the mayor to save her and she goes:usure:. It takes Mitchell's son, who saw him trying to help the cops early in the movie, to take his hand before people feel comfortable. We even see the girl being taken on the helicopter get scared when she realizes that she has to leave Batman.

Right. And speaking of Wright's son, Bruce had an immediate, but subtle connection to the boy because it correlates to how HE felt losing his parents. It was a nice touch that it was the boy who was first feeling comfortable to reach out.