Official The Batman Thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Straight gutter slum hoodlum Gotham city how I like it.

Dark, gritty, & suspensful

No complaints from me.

Movie didn't deviate from the plot & kept the romance at a bare minimum.

& commissioner Gordon a trip in this one:heh:

lol he reminded me of a police chief from a 70s/80s flick

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Overall a good movie, but my complains are the same as everyone else’s, too long, last half hour was weak

The Dark Knight, End Game & No Way Home are all just as or nearly as long as this movie and I never felt like I wanted any of those to finish wrapping up like I did with The Batman, I felt the same with Dark Knight Rises too

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
I love Batman, but this one was OK. Loved Wright as Gordon, Zoe as Catwoman, and Colin as Penguin. I felt some story similarities with Riddler and Joker from TDK. I felt they tried to go down that same lane with the video clips and whatnot.

I really liked the Batmobile. I do understand why Bruce kind of acted the way he did. He was still somewhat childish in his way of thinking. It took almost Alfred getting murked to see that I think.

I really liked the grittiness and darkness of the film. It made it seem like there was no hope until the end when the sun started shining. I really want to see another storyline, preferably the Court of Owls, or maybe even the Bat family, with a good timeskip, but probably won't happen next film. I really enjoyed it overall. I felt the music score could have been more varied. I love the theme song, but pretty much all they played was those notes from the theme and Nirvana.

I appreciated the detective work in this film more than anything. I really want to watch it again to get more perspective.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Cats jaywalking looking at the symbol like :mjcry:thinking they wind pipe about to be crushed.

Dude had the next mayor telling him she's been hitting up his phone so they can work together and he was :unimpressed:

Anyone catch that Batman and Riddler kept similar journals.

We start off with Bruce writing his thoughts down in a journal everyday, date on the top of the page.

When they're in Riddler's spot, they find his journal, which is formatted similarly and the cop looking at it like "This guy is out of his fukking mind:picard:"

Sequel is going to be fukking nuts, Reeves can have all out mayhem while bringing in Court of Owls.
Even start of the movie with how both stalked people, you saw the similarities

QU Hectic

Superstar
Daps
Just came back. Words can’t describe my emotions. But one thingI will say, this should be known as The Good , The Bad , & The Batman. There has a very heavy spaghetti western vibe in this film unlike any CBM I’ve ever scene. It’s truly an amazing experience.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Jada-Toys_-The-Batman-118.jpg

8-8.5/10

Very solid film. Matt Reeves take on the World's Greatest Detective is :banderas: status indeed. Not gon lie, everytime Batman's theme music came on, I damn near got goosebumps. That score was hard as hell. Breh obviously hasn't matured into the always being a step ahead Bat just yet, but it was fun to watch him obsess over every little detail of a case. I think the Wayne family plot against Bruce's/Batman's legacy was a nice lil play too. That Batmobile :damn: , smh. They should have kept that scene out of the trailer. Would've hit even harder. Colin mf killed it as Penguin. Voice, makeover, all of it. And Lil Kravitz did her thing as Catwoman. Prolly the best one yet. Halle Berry somewhere smiling :troll:. There were some hiccups toward the end but nothing that ruin the entire movie for me. Def wanna see a sequel/trilogy of this take for sure

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This movie had plenty references to different standalone stories or graphic novels. Long Halloween, Batman Year two, Year Zero, Earth One, Ego. This Batman was made for the true Batman fan. We finally got that detective slow burn batman film we been asking for years. Matt Reeves must be an avid poster at Superherohype or Batman On Film lol.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Great movie, love how true to Batman it was. Gotham was done right, the fear in the criminals at passing shadows potentially being Batman was amazing. Loved the Penguin, Riddler and Catwoman. Even the cameo at the end from you-know-who, all great.

With that being said, movie is 30 minutes too long, and Pattinson is a weak Batman. Literally and figuratively, wasn't moved by his performance at all. Ben was really the GOAT :mjcry: