Official The Batman Thread

Daps
Reppin
404/678/770 тσ 702
One thing that stood out to me was in a lot of the pre press shyt or news dropping before it’s debut was how much of an inexperienced Batman he was.

He absolutely was that with a few of the fights. I think this like the first Batman we seen since Adam West that takes a lot of damage and gets slightly worked at times. I mean Gotdamn but the progression by the next couple of movies will be dope

Yeah. You can tell he was inexperienced. It definitely showed that it was only year 2. Dawg was sloppy and uncoordinated.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Terrible Batman

Wack suite
Wack car
Wack bike
Wack gadgets

How this dude survived everything :dwillhuh:

This mufakka survived a bomb:why:

Stop it…… fukk that grounded shyt…… we need our SHM to be on some “ultra suspend disbelief”:wow:

I need to see Batman get blown up by a bomb and come away with no scars or fall from a building, get hit by a bus and bridge and then crash into a street and then get up walking away and no sell it 30 seconds later:wow:

We only got an hour it 2:comeon:

We ain’t got time for niccas to be sidelined with real legit injuries and they can’t die:camby:

#MyDCDefense
#ImADCStan

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Yeah. You can tell he was inexperienced. It definitely showed that it was only year 2. Dawg was sloppy and uncoordinated.

OMG was he sloppy

Some of those fight scenes I was like :picard:

This was a Batman that clearly didn’t go train in the League of Shadows and learn how to fight under Ra’s Al Ghul:picard:

There was like 3 or 4 times in this movie…. He could’ve legit got bodied

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Great movie, and a different take which I can appreciate. The acting all around was great. It was the most personal you got with Batman imo.

Did anyone feel that Zoe Kravitz made this movie??

I am with you, she was the most dominant to me in this movie, maybe its because of her looks but all I thought about was her:whew:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Right

My man took a couple of hard falls and the entire movie takes place over the course of a few days yet he's walking around like his flight suit gamble didnt fukk his hip up :russ:

Lol I thought he was down for the count after that. He got up like somebody stepped on his toe.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
More so than most adaptations. Gotham felt otherworldly gothic in this whereas in TDK, they may have called it Gotham, but you could tell it was set in Chicago. :pachaha:

shyt, even Nolan had to withhold the usage of a few villains because it would’ve been hard to adapt them on a realistic level.

Nolan Gothams besides the one in Begins were ass. Nolan did not even try to create a unique Gotham in TDK or TDK.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
OMG was he sloppy

Some of those fight scenes I was like :picard:

This was a Batman that clearly didn’t go train in the League of Shadows and learn how to fight under Ra’s Al Ghul:picard:

There was like 3 or 4 times in this movie…. He could’ve legit got bodied

Bruce in the comics was never trained by the League of Shadows. He did get trained By Henri Ducard, but he was the one who trained Bruce on how to be a detective not a fighter.

Last edited:

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone keeps saying they don't like patt version of Bruce because he's , dark, emo, bland, etc.....like what part don't y'all get it's year 2 for this nikka. After having a fukked up mental from seeing his people murdered, then finding a way to what he thinks is a outlet for his rage/anger/hurt through becoming Batman. Dude don't give no fukks about his social presence on the day to day. Even when he not dressed as a bat his mentality is still in BATMAN. He hasn't found or come to the realization of why he has to have that balance. This isnt that point and time in his life.

Last edited:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Everyone keeps saying the going this version of Bruce, dark, emo, bland, etc.....like what part don't y'all get it's year 2 for this nikka. After having a fukked up mental from seeing his people murdered, then finding a way to he thinks and outlet for his rage/anger/hurt through becoming Batman. Dude don't give no fukks about his social presence on the day to day. Even when he not dressed as a bat his mentality is still in BATMAN. He hasn't found or come to the realization of why he has to have that balance. This is that point and time in his life.

Lol people are slow bro.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Just finished reading the prequel novel. It consist of Year One and Bruce is in his late twenties. I think the movie is Year Two cause that’s where the end of the book starts. It’s only 121 pages but it was a good read.

@Organic Trees

Very small spoiler of how the book and movie connect (besides it just being a prequel)

just like the book he journals in parts of the movie. His last journal entry in the book is the voice over of pattinson when we are first introduced to him. So it picks up pretty much right away. They never explain how he and gordon start working together tho…woulda been cool if that was in the book.
wow I didn’t notice the segued into it like that. Good catch.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
That scene also had me laughing. Batman just knew that Riddler was going to blow up his spot. Going crazy and repeating Bruce Wayne! Bruce Wayne! He just knew it was a wrap. It was subtle, but when he revealed that he didn't know who Batman was, you could see the :whew: in his eyes. :russ:
this part had me confused cause it looked like he was revealing his identity and you could see Batman getting so nervous his bottom lip was shaking and he even glanced at the camera.

i didn’t catch the part where riddler said he was just kidding

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Baruce in the comics was never trained by the League of Shadows in the comics anyway. He did get trained By Henri Ducard, but he was the one who trained Bruce on how to be a detective not a fighter.

That’s cool and by any mean was I criticizing it. It’s just a change of pace from how Batman been portrayed fighting wise in so many other movies

Again…. I know by the 3rd…. He gonna be Ill with the combat

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I was talking about the topic with my Dad today and he was raving about her performance saying that she deserves an Oscar for it I'll have to rewatch it again to see if I get that feeling
Her performance wasn’t Oscar worthy. :whoa:

If anyone deserves a nomination it’ll be the score composer.