Official The Batman Thread

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
One thing that stood out to me was in a lot of the pre press shyt or news dropping before it’s debut was how much of an inexperienced Batman he was.

He absolutely was that with a few of the fights. I think this like the first Batman we seen since Adam West that takes a lot of damage and gets slightly worked at times. I mean Gotdamn but the progression by the next couple of movies will be dope

Only year 2. Remember he said he thought he had mastered certain shyt

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think that was the point.
Recall the first time Alfred showed up talking to Bruce about some Wayne Enterprises business and Bruce hitting him with the :hhh: "I don't give a fukk about anything but Bat business" look.

I know it was the point. Doesn't change the fact that a dark Batman and a dark Bruce didn't work out that great for me :yeshrug:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Batmobile scene, the lit-by-gunfire fight, and one other scene I can’t remember off the top of my head gave me literally goosebumps :wow: I love the direction they went with it. Love how dark it was, literally and figuratively.
You can tell he ain’t quite there yet, but he still got the detective mind (and they put the spotlight on it) and the hands

nikka was boonk ganging through GCPD :dead::dead::dead::dead:

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Loved it but I can appreciate why some might be lukewarm. It's quite long and if you've been conditioned to expect all "super hero" movies to follow the Marvel template, it lacked a lot of action.

The most David Fincher movie I've ever seen that he didn't actually direct.

9/10

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Bruce is still in year 2 basically his sophmore year in his career he hasn't learned to balance like an experienced Batman has learned
He spends all his time being Batman and the nights blend to together so much for him that he has to record and keep a journal to remember everything

Once he begins to crack the darkness away and begin to live his life a little his alter ego will become a greater part of his life

That being said this worked to great effect every other Batman movie just skipped over this aspect of his character and had him transition back to being Bruce Wayne with no problems

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Loved it but I can appreciate why some might be lukewarm. It's quite long and if you've been conditioned to expect all "super hero" movies to follow the Marvel template, it lacked a lot of action.

The most David Fincher movie I've ever seen that he didn't actually direct.

9/10

This had more appeal from a Batman fan POV than a CBM fan. This shyt was like reading a graphic novel

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
how was the dark knight more realistic?
More so than most adaptations. Gotham felt otherworldly gothic in this whereas in TDK, they may have called it Gotham, but you could tell it was set in Chicago. :pachaha:

shyt, even Nolan had to withhold the usage of a few villains because it would’ve been hard to adapt them on a realistic level.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fight scenes weren't memorable....struggle punches, getting slumped, being afraid to jump off a building....
:mjtf::mjtf::mjtf:[/Q

Fights weren't that good. Point out one you thought was great.

If it’s intended then I’m fairly sure they’ll be trying to evolve him into the playboy if they a planning a trilogy

They set it up for him to be different in the next movie but I'm judging this one. It was just too one note.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Was surprised the script was so hammy and overblown. The lines were rough in some scenes, "were not so different you and I", just has no place in any movie. The plot itself wasn't handled well, the corruption, the nightclub, the plan at the end. I was surprised, maybe I shouldn't have been, to the degree which Reeves embraced the very comic elements of the story and character.

*The cliched big drug deal and car chase

*The don't kill the villain speech

*The big save at the end

*the hidden past aspects

The serial killer on some type of hidden chat screen, is something I have seen in many C list serial killer thrillers, right?

Felt lazy and tired to me.

Alot of the riddles and mysteries were solved in like 30 seconds. And seemed pretty dismal. I wasn't at all expecting Fincher imitation, I have seen all that done in better movies, not including masterful stuff like Seven or Zodiac, but even mostly forgotten movies like The Bone Collector (1999)

I didn't hate it, but the trailer probably oversold me a very different movie. I really didn't think there would be all that fantastical stuff, which is probably mostly on me. I really thought it going to be some stripped down and down to earth Batman, with none of that Nolan/Shumacher/Burton shyt. It was mostly just a genre pic with good/competent direction, and stylistically had some moments.

Last edited: