Official The Batman Thread

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
This the coli breh:dwillhuh:

Niccas don’t know what Imperial March is:mjtf:

I mean I do:mjgrin:, but why don’t you break it down for some of these uncultured phlegms:skip:

The Batman 22 theme essentially bites off the Darth Vader Theme from Star Wars...Gicchano kept the bass notes from the main idea of the Imperial March and moved it down a few half steps and added some bells and changed the phrasing at the 8 second mark to avoid infringement.

Also rock/pop/hip hop music shyt that doesn't match the tone of a scene during a professional film score is just lazy shyt...hate this trope in movies as of late..

The Elfman, Walker, and Zimmer scores are essential Batman...not this guy...

Edit:
Little Trivia - Shirley Walker was a direct influence for Hans Zimmer and Danny Elfman. She also wrote all the music for Batman TAS and much of the DCAU....It explains why Zimmer and Elfman hit the tone of the Batman universe perfectly...Shirley Walker (RIP)

Hans Zimmer was her understudy in the 90s and Walker conducted the London Symphonic for the 89 Batman film...

Last edited:

jadden

Superstar
Daps
Off 1st viewing this is my 2nd favorite Batman film just behind the Dark Knight. :wow:

A true detective film first and foremost which is what I wanted. Batman does more detective work in this film than in any of other films combined.

Rob, Zoe, Jeffrey, and Colin were great. Paul Dano was terrifying as The Riddler.:picard: I’m surprised more people aren’t mentioning him. He’s amazing

I love Batman and Gordon’s scenes together They are the funniest part of the movie for me. It’s like they’re in a buddy cop film but they’re both the serious cop:russ:

Can’t wait to see this again tomorrow :ohlawd:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alot of the riddles and mysteries were solved in like 30 seconds.

That a big disappointment. Could've been fun to have the audience thinking of the answer and have the heroes figure it out but the riddles were so damn basic I was wondering what was the point. "Lie still" and "Justice" took no effort to solve.

They tried to do so much they had no time for The Riddler's riddles. Now I'm starting to wonder if The Penguin's screen time/story was necessary.

Everyone keeps saying they don't like patt version of Bruce because he's , dark, emo, bland, etc.....like what part don't y'all get it's year 2 for this nikka. After having a fukked up mental from seeing his people murdered, then finding a way to what he thinks is a outlet for his rage/anger/hurt through becoming Batman. Dude don't give no fukks about his social presence on the day to day. Even when he not dressed as a bat his mentality is still in BATMAN. He hasn't found or come to the realization of why he has to have that balance. This isnt that point and time in his life.

We get that. You're talking about the narrative and why that's his attitude. The criticism is how that portrayal doesn't connect him to the audience as a human being. Catwoman actually provided that. If she wasn't in the movie there would be no heart to it.

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Zoe Kravitz is also probably the best Catwoman

Wasn't overly sexual, was strong, competent considering this is a young Selina Kyle
I thought she didn’t look good in the trailer and in the posters but she was jaw dropping beautiful in the movie. She had Natalie Portman vibes of beauty but even prettier and agile.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
That venom was in one of the Arkham games

Are maybe he got got it from :bane:

I don’t think he got it from Bane. He obviously has access to some Wayne tech. Not as much as he’ll have in later years, but enough to be effective. I think it may be more that venom comes from Wayne technology and science.

WakandanPride

Realest Negus Alive
Daps
Reppin
ATL
This movie was dumb long.

I still thought it was pretty good though. It actually felt like a film, instead of a cookie cutter CBM movie.

Zoe Kravitz is fine as fukk:whew:

Colin Farrell had the best performance in the movie, because I legit forgot he was Penguin.

For this version of Bruce, I thought Pattinson did a great job. He can really sell the tortured soul type of character.

Overall, Id give it a 7.5/10

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This was good. I think it had the potential to be great though.

Only issues I had was with the pacing, editing, and I wish the riddles were a bit more elaborate. I think with a bit more polish I would've had it up there with the Nolan films.

Loved the characterization. Gotham reminded me of Batman Begins. And detective Batman was dope. Zoe was fine as fukk.

And the theme :ohlawd:

8/10. Will pick up on Blu-ray.