Official The Batman Thread

Eddie Brock

All Star
Daps
This was cool I give it 4/5. The Dark Knight Trilogy was better though. The fight scenes were lackluster tbh, the thing I liked the most were the subtle nuances and Easter eggs that hardcore Batman fans would get. I’d be down for a sequel though. :ld:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The Batman is a more grounded Batman not a realistic take like Nolans. I hope people are not confusing the two. Reeves take is more fantastical.
Right

My man took a couple of hard falls and the entire movie takes place over the course of a few days yet he's walking around like his flight suit gamble didnt fukk his hip up :russ:

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
The entire supporting cast was great. Alfred was the only weak one, but who cares? :manny:
I was talking about the topic with my Dad today and he was raving about her performance saying that she deserves an Oscar for it I'll have to rewatch it again to see if I get that feeling

Daps
Reeves talked a lot about his take being grounded which it is but this movie is definitely way more comic-booky than the Nolan films. I love this take on Gotham tbh it reminds me of the Arkham games.
Honestly how I felt about the movie

It felt like those games for sure especially with
Vengeance "cutscene" trying to enter the club but was blocked by the muscle twin goons then you begin the game by fighting more random goons in the club till you transition to another "cutscene" with Mr. Penguin and Batman talking with Batwoman easedropping
:mjlol:

overall, I give the movie like a 7/10 still behind the Nolan movies but still a good tone setter for this new generation of teens.

It felt like a mob story, Se7en, and SAW rolled up into a 3 hour blunt. Not necessary a good thing either. I was getting bored of the mob storyline after awhile and Riddler looking like Kyle Rittenhouse made me hot
:hhh:

Zoe was looking good as hell but she kept calling Annika her friend...does the pg-13 rating stop her from saying "my girlfriend Annika" on the carpet muncher side of the game?
:lolbron:

Last edited:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
I was talking about the topic with my Dad today and he was raving about her performance saying that she deserves an Oscar for it I'll have to rewatch it again to see if I get that feeling
She was good, I don't think her performance was above and beyond the others but what she does have is undeniable presence. It's similar to Gal Gadot, she isn't a great actress but she's a great Wonder Woman because she pops off the screen and overshadows anyone she does a scene with.

Feels like that should be mandatory for a Catwoman and it's why she fit so well, compare that to Anne Hathaway looking like a soccer mom doing cosplay :pachaha:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Would love to see a Professor Pyg. Not as the main villain but somebody out there doing disturbing shyt.
This mothafukka too

maxresdefault.jpg

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
With Pattinson, I've never seen him in anything and only knew him from Twilight. My boys have told me he has great performances in other indies but I have not seen any.

He played Batman well. But I found his Bruce very bland. Nothing inspiring about it at all. Fortunately for the movie, he's Batman more than he is Bruce and the rest of the cast hit their roles incredibly so the film suffers only slightly. Affleck to me is still the most balanced Bruce/Batman on screen.

Have to say it one more time, I ain't no punk, but Paul Dano is legit a creepy ass dude. Between Prisoners and Riddler, dude makes me uncomfortable. He's a fukking tremendous "actor", but it's so good you can't convince me he's acting, I'm certain he's a fukking psychopath.

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watched it last night and I watched it again today. When I watched it the first time I couldn’t put into words how I felt. It was a lot to take in. It’s basically 3 hours. Last night I was battling expectations, comparisons, all while trying to enjoy the ride and when I left I said that was a really good film but I didn’t know how to describe how I felt about it.

Today, I went in with a clear head bc I knew what to expect and the film was so much better. It felt like it dragged less. I realized wow this is like a real complete movie from beginning to end. I noticed a lot of themes and details I missed last night. I left the theater this time thinking that was one hell of a movie when you watch it just for what it is. I still have some issues with it, but the film was more digestible to me.

I wonder how others will feel about the film the more they watch it. Not that they have to in order to like it but I think this movie will age well.