Official The Batman Thread

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw it and after it was over I was :ld:

It's a very good movie but I can't pinpoint anything about it that I loved or got excited about.

The performances were all on the level I expected them to be given the cast so no surprises there.

One thing I didn't like was there wasn't much of a distinction between Bruce and Batman. The character was pretty much played the same and that made Bruce feel lifeless.

The action was kind of mid. Hand to hand fights just lack good choreography and feel like untrained brawls. He didn't do much fighting anyway. The chase scene wasn't very memorable although the intro to the Batmobile was probably my favorite scene.

Definitely could have shaved a good 20-30 minutes off the runtime.

Maybe it's reboot fatigue but this just didn't grab me like I was hoping it would. 7.5 maybe 8/10

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

It's a very good movie but I can't pinpoint anything about it that I loved or got excited about.

The performances were all on the level I expected them to be given the cast so no surprises there.

One thing I didn't like was there wasn't much of a distinction between Bruce and Batman. The character was pretty much played the same and that made Bruce feel lifeless.

The action was kind of mid. Hand to hand fights just lack good choreography and feel like untrained brawls. He didn't do much fighting anyway. The chase scene wasn't very memorable although the intro to the Batmobile was probably my favorite scene.

Maybe it's reboot fatigue but this just didn't grab me like I was hoping it would. 7.5 maybe 8/10
I think that was the point.
Recall the first time Alfred showed up talking to Bruce about some Wayne Enterprises business and Bruce hitting him with the :hhh: "I don't give a fukk about anything but Bat business" look.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This shyt was pure fukking piff….when that light hits the sky :mjlit:….every prolonged “semi boring” scene was rewarded with a intense action sequence with Batman beating the fukk out someone:wow:…. Brooding Bruce Wayne is young so I understand him not being the well balanced businessman/playboy Bruce Wayne as of yet…. He clearly gave zero fukks about Wayne enterprises so why put on a silly front at this point???
Amazing movie he kicked ass

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
thought i was very good though not great. besides batman, i really enjoyed all the performances. zoe really growing on me after this and kimi. her sex appeal was off the charts. loved jeffery wright. he's just great in everything. same w/ dano. he may not be a leading man but he's a great supporting character. i almost feel farrell did what leto was attempting to do. lost his self in character w/o overdoing it. my biggest criticism would be pattinson's portrayal. i mean, he's not bad but he didnt nail it. i wasnt crazy about the monotone, emo-kid schtick. i feel he gets better as the movie progresses but the beginning was rough for me. oh, and he shouldve hit the weights. word to kevin nash.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
World’s Greatest fukkin Detective
68QdZvr.png
I already had a feeling they had something with this, but I need 2 ASAP. This world they setting up already better than DCEU :mjlol:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps

Fight scenes weren't memorable....struggle punches, getting slumped, being afraid to jump off a building....
:mjtf::mjtf::mjtf:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
That scene cracked me up because Batman was just chilling, listening then Riddler finally pissed him off so Batman started raging then started talking shyt to him like fukk you I ain’t crazy you’re crazy you ain’t shyt either you scumbag type shyt then The Riddler started crying like a bytch. The Batman punked out every villain but Falcone.

That scene also had me laughing. Batman just knew that Riddler was going to blow up his spot. Going crazy and repeating Bruce Wayne! Bruce Wayne! He just knew it was a wrap. It was subtle, but when he revealed that he didn't know who Batman was, you could see the :whew: in his eyes. :russ:

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Have you ever imagined Batman but instead of talking all the time he's silent and has this super depressing internal monologue about how hopeless his war is...?
Well you got it
Batman + Rorschach = instant classic and all time best Batman movie

Nolan was so focused on doing his realistic super hero movies that he failed at the fight choreography and a lot of the plots rely on Bruce holding the idiot ball to work.

Now you have a young Batman who makes mistakes but is still very smart
Someone who is scary I mean legit scary in the sense that he doesn't speak or make many sounds at all. He's like slenderman almost
Oh but he's a detective too he spends most of the movie flexing his mind but not to the point of him being a genius or anything he's just very observant

I liked it a lot could have been less long if you cut out a lot of the catwoman stuff but even then I think Bruce needed a love interest in this movie just to not make it too depressing

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
I loved this movie. Would probably put it 3rd in Batman flicks behind The Dark Knight and Batman Begins.
Despite its length it never felt like it dragged and the dark thriller aspect worked for it.
Also Pattinson did great as an early Batman who was still a blunt instrument with zero finesse to him and did just as well as a Bruce Wayne that really didn't exist anymore outside of being Batman and hadn't yet become the daytime mask/frivolous playboy illusion cover for Batman. This is really the first time onscreen that we got a focused look at the damaged psyche of Batman/Bruce.

This is why I love this movie, and I can see Batman movie fans be surprised or not feel too high about it. Most Bruce’s we’ve seen on screen are sped up, they’ve mastered the facade of Bruce Wayne, billionaire heir to the Wayne Enterprises.
This Bruce will get there, but right now he’s Batman in every facet of his life, first time a live-action has pulled back the curtain to show how traumatized our hero actually is, and how scary he should be to the general public.

Last edited: