Official The Batman Thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I loved this movie. Would probably put it 3rd in Batman flicks behind The Dark Knight and Batman Begins.
Despite its length it never felt like it dragged and the dark thriller aspect worked for it.
Also Pattinson did great as an early Batman who was still a blunt instrument with zero finesse to him and did just as well as a Bruce Wayne that really didn't exist anymore outside of being Batman and hadn't yet become the daytime mask/frivolous playboy illusion cover for Batman. This is really the first time onscreen that we got a focused look at the damaged psyche of Batman/Bruce.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Sta

Star Wars crossover to come or what?
Huh, na, I mean how Disney acquired Star Wars and now Feige is fixing all the mess from the last 3 movies.

WB seems be in a cluster with all these movies and this almost seemed like a Nolan movie which may not have the supernatural elements of a justice league or anything in the future. It's just it's own movie. It's good but if that's what it's made for, not sure if we really needed it when we already had Batman begins. This would then have to be compared to Nolans and in that case, yes, Pattinson is a more believable Bruce but as far as being more grounded, Nolan captures that. As far as making him more accurate, Reeves captures that with the noirism (not a real word).

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Zoe Kravitz is also probably the best Catwoman

Wasn't overly sexual, was strong, competent considering this is a young Selina Kyle

I agree, perfect blend, smart, tactical, agile, and a bit vulnerable to those who can see past her "mask", a perfect counterpoint to Batman. Rob and Zoe had really great and believable chemistry...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought it was dope but way too long. I caught a 10:40 show and I was off an edible. Struggled to stay awake during the long dialog parts but the visuals were crazy. The opening scene was lit.

After the credits you are directed to a website. You answer 3 riddles and you can download I guess what could be considered an after credit scene. It is a HUSH tease.

JJdY8dDT8VdCStt66

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked it a lot.

I liked how pretty much the characters were rebooted with a twist. It reminded me of how the did that with The Batman Cartoon of the 2000's

This right here!!!!:wow:

Low key if DC just did this it could stand toe to toe with Marvel but they won't

I felt this.

I think also a small lesson in this is that Marvel need to afford to be a little Gritty and darker, (We will see how Moonknight goes)

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I liked this more than Batman Begins. It takes a lot from the more modern takes of Batman that I've really liked. This is Batman year two, this is the Long Halloween, but this is really Batman Earth One and Brian Azzarello's Batman Damned. Riddler? This shyt illustrated just how fukked in the head, and mentally ill, Batman's villains are. That scene in Arkham freaked me out. I will be seeing this again over the weekend.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I liked this more than Batman Begins. It takes a lot from the more modern takes of Batman that I've really liked. This is Batman year two, this is the Long Halloween, but this is really Batman Earth One and Brian Azzarello's Batman Damned. Riddler? This shyt illustrated just how fukked in the head, and mentally ill, Batman's villains are. That scene in Arkham freaked me out. I will be seeing this again over the weekend.
That scene cracked me up because Batman was just chilling, listening then Riddler finally pissed him off so Batman started raging then started talking shyt to him like fukk you I ain’t crazy you’re crazy you ain’t shyt either you scumbag type shyt then The Riddler started crying like a bytch. The Batman punked out every villain but Falcone.

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
This shyt was pure fukking piff….when that light hits the sky :mjlit:….every prolonged “semi boring” scene was rewarded with a intense action sequence with Batman beating the fukk out someone:wow:…. Brooding Bruce Wayne is young so I understand him not being the well balanced businessman/playboy Bruce Wayne as of yet…. He clearly gave zero fukks about Wayne enterprises so why put on a silly front at this point???