Official The Batman Thread

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Saw it a couple days ago, AMC early screening. One of the things I measure movies by is if they’re easy to sit through and I was groaning at the thought of a 3 hour movie but I gotta admit, it only felt like 2 hours. Pacing was on point, cast was on point, direction, cinematography. All dope.

People gave it a standing ovation at the end which I always find a little weird.

definitely an emo vibe to the movie overall. Matt Reeves did his thing. Can’t even hate. I’ll probably catch it again.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Felt like I was watching a David Fincher movie for real, movie kinda dragged for me tho but I liked how stylized it was. Was going to make a trip to watch this in IMAX but nah I think I'll save that for Weeknd tickets

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Like me if that is important to you, you're going to be disappointed again. Choreography was rather obvious nothing to write home about. Below average to trash even. Given his standing as one of the best martial artists in the world.

Still have not got the definitive version of the character on film.
Nolan films had almost zero hand combat. Just Batman judo throwing everyone like Steven Seagal. This one had at the very least, the second best fight sequences to BvS even if they were average. Nolan films are trash with action.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Saw it a couple days ago, AMC early screening. One of the things I measure movies by is if they’re easy to sit through and I was groaning at the thought of a 3 hour movie but I gotta admit, it only felt like 2 hours. Pacing was on point, cast was on point, direction, cinematography. All dope.

People gave it a standing ovation at the end which I always find a little weird.

definitely an emo vibe to the movie overall. Matt Reeves did his thing. Can’t even hate. I’ll probably catch it again.
The way they shot the intro was cool. How they are showing the criminal perspective and how every dark corner and shadow had nikkas spooked thinking Batman will walk out. Meanwhile he at the crib trying to put a new alternator in his car and shyt to keep it from stalling again.
:mjlol:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The way they had Batman walking through crowds was super dope to me... All those shots were he was walking through a club or a hallway just stood out to me..
I like the fact that they made Bruce wayne seem like an isolated lame. And they made it clear bruce wayne didn't give a fukk about Bruce wayne. He wasnt tryna flex or have a public image at all. Came across as suicidal. Being batman literally gave dude a reason to be alive.

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
I like the fact that they made Bruce wayne seem like an isolated lame. And they made it clear bruce wayne didn't give a fukk about Bruce wayne. He wasnt tryna flex or have a public image at all. Came across as suicidal. Being batman literally gave dude a reason to be alive.

Yeah everybody other than Gordon just looked at Batman like a weirdo to me..

Almost as if he wanted to be Batman so bad that the persona to everyone else came across as try hard maybe.. I don't want to say a nerd or a dork but something like that.. But the way Pattinson played him like you said he just rather be Batman...

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
This was fuxkin good. Might be my second favorite Bats movie. :wow:

-I’ve been waiting for a gangster/street level Batman movie and this delivered. :blessed:

-The supporting cast was great. Farrell. Zoe, Dano all shined. Zoe was looking good. :noah: All three portrayed the characters exceptionally well and, imo, they claim the right to best portrayals. :ehh:

-Wright and Turturro were damn good too. Both are such good actors. I didn’t even know the Jesus was in it. :leon:

-Twilight nailed Batman. He wasn’t a good Bruce Wayne, came off too emo at times, but as Batman he nailed it.

My complaints are minuscule and nothing to make the film seen in a bad light. :ld:

-Making Martha an Arkham and a crazy was kinda ehh. That was probably my only little issue with the story, but not enough to sour it.

-I was surprised to see the Zero Year storyline used. :leon:

-I felt the Joker was unnecessary. Riddler and Penguin delivered in their roles, even Falcone, and the way the Reeves did the film made it seem like he coulda gave shine to a different villain. :ld:

With that said, I can’t wait for the blu. :ahh:

Last edited: