Official The Batman Thread

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
They could’ve pushed things a lot more it’s like when you used to watch wrestling when it was WRESTLEMANIA and it became obvious that a person was going to win because they kept kicking out . The CGI was janky at times and also the camera did weird shyt at times.

The Joker cameo :wow:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Is this movie worth going to see? I'm not a big comic book guy but I haven't been to the movies in over 2 years so...

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
It was good. Parts of it were great, but overall, I think it fell short of greatness. I do think it got better as it went along, so I'm not sure what the complaint is about the 3rd act. I really enjoyed the build-up and the way the mystery of what was happing kept unfolding. It was like one of those eggs within an egg type of trinkets. Just when you think you've figured things out the story keeps revealing there's more to it. That was really fun. I don't think I've seen anything like that for the comic book genre on screen before. It really did play like a mystery/thriller. They also did a great job of showing how strange and deranged someone probably has to be to dress up as a bat to fight crime. It definitely made me look at the character differently.

I really like how they played Selina. She and Batman had good chemistry and became the real heart of the film, so I hope we see her again.

Bruce's chemistry with Alfred was off. I don't know if that was intentional, but I didn't like the way Bruce spoke to Alfred for most of the movie. He came off like a dikk, but maybe that's what their real relationship is like. I was hoping for more humor and affection between the two. But maybe that's coming later. I will say that was a major disappointment for me because Nolan's Bruce and Alfred were such a great team and family.

I loved Colin Ferrell's Penguin. He was so entertaining. Both dangerous and funny. I'm excited to see how they will develop him going forward. The Riddler was so fukking psycho. Like legitimately crazy, I almost felt sorry for him.

I'm sure hardcore Batman fans will probably view this differently from casual fans. From a cinematic viewpoint as a casual fan, this was a good movie but it could have been trimmed. I'm sure I missed a bunch of easter eggs and nods. Other grievances were there were a lot of long lingering camera shots that I thought were unnecessary and made scenes stretch out. I also missed Bruce playing up his public persona to finesse information. It's hard to see how this Bruce will get to that stage. He's so fukking emo lol.

Anyway, I had a good time, but I wouldn't put this over The Dark Knight. Don't come for me lol. 8/10 :ld:
Yeah I didn't like how Bruce talked to Alfred. Dude raised him longer than his own parents but the disrespect! :mjtf:

Best Bruce/Alfred pairing on film is still from the Nolan Trilogy. :hubie:

I enjoyed Colin Ferrell's Penguin! :pachaha: