Official The Batman Thread

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Just an observation of a scene in the below spoiler, no major plot points talked about.

I can’t be the only one who got Professor Pyg vibes during the Orphanage bits. Especially when Bats and Gordon started hearing music coming from that one room. The film’s atmosphere mirrored Arkham Knight’s and that sequence was on some horror ish, so I never ruled out the possibility of him showing up.

That’s another thing I like about this film though. There are some genuinely creepy bits in this. Even from a criminal’s perspective, I felt scared for them. Is Batman hiding in the dark corners or not? :lupe:

The fear on Penguin’s face when he saw Batman trailing behind him in the Batmobile. :merchant:

They nailed that gothic feel of Gotham and as good as the mob was in this, it wouldn’t feel out of left field if a supernatural villain was featured in later iterations.

Spoiler don’t read if not seen movie

Again spoiler

spoiler

Spoiler ……

Don’t read of a mod can spoil this since we talking hidden gems…..

Was the ending a homage to no man’s land……

Daps
To me it was a 3 hour movie that felt like a 2 hour movie. Part of that might be the fact i was so engrossed in the story. Guess ill find out of that 3 hours is a problem when i see it again lol
im curious why everyone wants to see it again so soon. Is it that good? Or is it intriguing enough to want to go back immediately.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
im curious why everyone wants to see it again so soon. Is it that good? Or is it intriguing enough to want to go back immediately.
For me, I already had my Dolby ticket booked in advance so it was more of a why not thing. Well worth it though because the explosions and score popped out way better than it did in IMAX.
Also was able to catch things I missed out on initially.

I’m tapped out now.

Daps
For me, I already had my Dolby ticket booked in advance so it was more of a why not thing. Well worth it though because the explosions and score popped out way better than it did in IMAX.
Also was able to catch things I missed out on initially.

I’m tapped out now.
What would you rate the movie out of 10

Organic Trees

Go Cavs! #LetEmKnow
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland born & raised
Used fandango to get the ticket for Sunday but then canceled and got the refund after realizing I can see it today at 4:00pm.

Haven’t been this excited since no way home. Damn I’m a nerd:banderas:

From the previews I’ve always wanted a realistic Batman and I finally get one that’s not chasing and killing a God :ahh:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I don't watch Comic Book Movies, DC, Marvel, none of it, but I do like The Batman series, since I was a kid.

Watched a few episodes of the animated series last night on HBO Max, to get ready for this, The Riddler origin story, The Mad Hatter origin story, and A Bullet for Bullock. It's somehow better and worse than I remember, the animation is pretty thin, (not that I know that much about animation) but overall, it's dark, and nihilistic in a sense, insanity and depravity, crystal meth in a kids show, it's pretty impressive for what it was. The Mad Hatter was the best one.

I also saw The Dark Knight opening night in New York for the first time, and The Dark Knight Rises, right after the Aurora tragedy, looking forward to getting to see this too.

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
Aight time to see what this movie got.
I'm expecting a whole lotta damn moody, dark scenes with alotta talking and no action......let's see if I'm proven wrong.

nikka was fighting Parademnons last I saw him but we back to fighting punks in alleys smh...........but we in here and here we go.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Not sure if available where you live you gotta get reserved seating at Imax for these bro.

Sidenote NYC imax limited as fukk and worse cuz they closed a popular downtown regal in Brooklyn Fri and Sat sold out everywhere. Scored 4pm in Kips Bay
Yeah, we saw it in the regular format on opening night, so it was pick your seat when you walk in. I don't miss those days.

Edit - I saw TDKR in IMAX on the second go around though.

Last edited:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I grabbed tickets for another show the day they went on sale since the imax show was an hour away…incase anything happened with traveling or with work. And that soundtrack in the theater :ohlawd:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I don't watch Comic Book Movies, DC, Marvel, none of it, but I do like The Batman series, since I was a kid.

Watched a few episodes of the animated series last night on HBO Max, to get ready for this, The Riddler origin story, The Mad Hatter origin story, and A Bullet for Bullock. It's somehow better and worse than I remember, the animation is pretty thin, (not that I know that much about animation) but overall, it's dark, and nihilistic in a sense, insanity and depravity, crystal meth in a kids show, it's pretty impressive for what it was. The Mad Hatter was the best one.

I also saw The Dark Knight opening night in New York for the first time, and The Dark Knight Rises, right after the Aurora tragedy, looking forward to getting to see this too.

then you watch Comic Book movies breh:mjlol:

No shame, this a safe place…..

Embrace it:shaq:

giphy.gif

Let’s em use you :mjlit:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
Watched last night in Dolby
Wanted to let it marinate over night before saying my my peace
:wow::wow::wow:
this movie was incredible.
the GRIMMIEST DARKEST GOTHAM we have ever seen on tv. I felt dirty at times while watching this film. It really pulls the audience into this ugly corrupt slum filled dirty city filled wit dirty politics cops etc. the riddler was terrifyingly GREAT. The entire cast was sensational. I honestly believe this is a film that is going to merit multiple viewings to fully grasp everything goin on. Similar to films like Seven and Zodiac. They are mega slow burns wit moments of flash but character driven. And this film hit on all those qualities. Reeves has done a phenomenal job. And that score MY GOD. Chefs kiss
:ohlawd: