Official The Batman Thread

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just drank a monitor at the cinema bar. About to watch this in 4dx.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
7.5-8/10.

Everybody did their thing, the visuals and audio were on point. I think the story could've used one more rewrite and this would've been great, but there's a few things thrown in there that just didn't really pay off for me.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Watched last night in Dolby
Wanted to let it marinate over night before saying my my peace
:wow::wow::wow:
this movie was incredible.
the GRIMMIEST DARKEST GOTHAM we have ever seen on tv. I felt dirty at times while watching this film. It really pulls the audience into this ugly corrupt slum filled dirty city filled wit dirty politics cops etc. the riddler was terrifyingly GREAT. The entire cast was sensational. I honestly believe this is a film that is going to merit multiple viewings to fully grasp everything goin on. Similar to films like Seven and Zodiac. They are mega slow burns wit moments of flash but character driven. And this film hit on all those qualities. Reeves has done a phenomenal job. And that score MY GOD. Chefs kiss
:ohlawd:
How was the hand to hand combat.

Similar to batman's of the past or was this a breakout in terms of Hand to Hand combat ?

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
How was the hand to hand combat.

Similar to batman's of the past or was this a breakout in terms of Hand to Hand combat ?
As others have stated. Even tho the consensus has been overly clear, I always felt BvS was criminally abused by most and only Lex Luther casting was the misfire. Those fight sequences were stellar but I would also say it kinda cheated bc he is killing criminals bc he’s passed the BS and over “the code”. So of course it was dope and raw and sick to watch. this is YEAR TWO Batman so he clearly still abides by the no killing rule.
sooooooo keeping that in mind I would answer YES. The punches are felt thoroughly. Every bone crack snap and pop. Especially in the better stereo theaters like Dolby. Far better than Nolan’s. On par with BvS. Maybe better honestly.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
As others have stated. Even tho the consensus has been overly clear, I always felt BvS was criminally abused by most and only Lex Luther casting was the misfire. Those fight sequences were stellar but I would also say it kinda cheated bc he is killing criminals bc he’s passed the BS and over “the code”. So of course it was dope and raw and sick to watch. this is YEAR TWO Batman so he clearly still abides by the no killing rule.
sooooooo keeping that in mind I would answer YES. The punches are felt thoroughly. Every bone crack snap and pop. Especially in the better stereo theaters like Dolby. Far better than Nolan’s. On par with BvS. Maybe better honestly.
I'm speaking more to the choreography not the sound quality, which is important :whoa:

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
I'm speaking more to the choreography not the sound quality, which is important :whoa:
I was including that in my statement. Non violence with standing. Which is why I mentioned that. BvS was dope partially bc we got to see Batman literally murk MFers. So it’s kinda a cheat in that way. This movie IMO is on that level and possibly exceeds it. If the violence makes it better than you may feel differently. But again that isn’t the true Batman code.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I was including that in my statement. Non violence with standing. Which is why I mentioned that. BvS was dope partially bc we got to see Batman literally murk MFers. So it’s kinda a cheat in that way. This movie IMO is on that level and possibly exceeds it. If the violence makes it better than you may feel differently. But again that isn’t the true Batman code.
If you think about it we've never seen Batman display the skill of one of the best martial artists on earth so it's been disappointing to see his hand to hand combat potential squandered film after film.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
7.5-8/10.

Everybody did their thing, the visuals and audio were on point. I think the story could've used one more rewrite and this would've been great, but there's a few things thrown in there that just didn't really pay off for me.

Do you mind posting this on RT and adjusting that score appropriately :mjgrin:

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
I'll start of with this, the movie starts slow but like someone said on here it's a slow burn and my God it was worth it. Riddler was scary but the real MVP low-key of this movie was Falcone in my opinion man's was really on his season 3 Daredevil Kingpin shyt in this and the movie was overall intense from start to finish I was definitely questioning when business would start to pick up but boy it does. And yes I would take this over The Dark Knight :manny: