Official The Batman Thread

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
DC is just fine aside from their fukkups with the OG suicide squad, BoP, and the og Justice league. The only thing they need to do is pick a lane with what they got stick with it. I think batman will get them on the right track.
DC is not just fine. DC has had mostly misses when it comes to live-action films in the past 10 years.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
DC is not just fine. DC has had mostly misses when it comes to live-action films in the past 10 years.

DCEU is a mess. The movies are all over the place. I mean the tones and world building for each movie are so different. Also how the lack respect for the top 3(Batman, Supers, WW) are treated like jokes or not even present in the same universe in shows/films like Peacemaker and Shazam. Besides MOS, B V S, Aquaman, Justice league and the first SS, the rest of the projects just seem to be separate and just pull off some goofy reference to each film just for the sake to having to include them to prove they in the same world. The MCU all the films and shows are connected and are all on the same spectrum.

Superstar
Daps

We may feel that way as fans but casual viewers are going to watch them when they release. I feel like they’ll find their way eventually. It really isn’t that bad. I thought the Snyder cut was going to be stupid but it was kind of enjoyable. There’s flashes of greatness but they just gotta stick with what works. The newest suicide squad was a step in the right direction as far as a successful film.

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
We may feel that way as fans but casual viewers are going to watch them when they release. I feel like they’ll find their way eventually. It really isn’t that bad. I thought the Snyder cut was going to be stupid but it was kind of enjoyable. There’s flashes of greatness but they just gotta stick with what works. The newest suicide squad was a step in the right direction as far as a successful film.
It's actually the opposite :heh:

Casual moviegoers don't care about DC live-action movies (for the most part). Casual moviegoers 9/10 times will watch a MCU film over a DC film.

Superstar
Daps
It's actually the opposite :heh:

Casual moviegoers don't care about DC live-action movies (for the most part). Casual moviegoers 9/10 times will watch a MCU film over a DC film.

it seems like they’re watching both. I’m not the biggest DC fan but I don’t see them completely crashing out. I hope the James Gunn hire inspires them to find new directors that have a passion for the books as well. I was pleasantly surprised by the R Pattinson trailers, maybe it will get people fired up about DC again.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
@King Static X , @darealvelle how would y’all have felt if they took what Nolan left them and made Joseph Gordon levitt nightwing so he could transition into batman?

I would hate it to be honest. Especially since Nolan already admitted to not wanting Robin in his movies. And the only reason the name "Robin" was even mentioned at the end was for fan service. Most Batman fans thought that was corny anyway.

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
it seems like they’re watching both. I’m not the biggest DC fan but I don’t see them completely crashing out. I hope the James Gunn hire inspires them to find new directors that have a passion for the books as well. I was pleasantly surprised by the R Pattinson trailers, maybe it will get people fired up about DC again.
The box office numbers say otherwise.

@King Static X , @darealvelle how would y’all have felt if they took what Nolan left them and made Joseph Gordon levitt nightwing so he could transition into batman?
Not interested.

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
pZdu8vR.gif

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Anyone pick up any cool merch yet? I'm on the lookout for a cool tee to wear to opening night