Official The Batman Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The idea to distrust people of Earth, who he should want to protect as his home, and not stand firm as the kid you see in the beginning( that you pointed out) is the problem. Pa Kent/Snyder cuts his “good” legs from under him. Instead of gaining confidence from doing the right thing despite the risk he’s a nervous wreck who wanders the Earth looking for purpose.

More cap.. BECAUSE.. he didn't just turn into a 'drifter' searching for purpose. That was part of it but he NEVER stopped helping humans. Does the oil rig ring a bell to you??

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im only gonna respond to you once because you are an alias. You post about Marvel movies and fukking Bernie Sanders and AOC.

"The Suicide Squad" was a success. it was a same day release on HBO Max. You can't view box office when it was watched for free by everyone with HBO.

Critics loved the movie as did audiences by several metrics and now it's spawned one of the most popular shows on TV. How's that not a success?

Plus HBO just green lit a second James Gunn spinoff. So now two spin offs but 'not a success' huh? :russ:
If I give you that one, which I disagree with, it's still mostly misses.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
A lot of people hate Superman and a lot of DC characters, is because, they subconsciously teach their audiences to OVERCOME challenges and obstacles of their personal setbacks for the greater good. A lot of people today, don't like to strive for a selfless cause anymore because it is "corny" to them. Especially people who were on that Edgelord dark BS of the 90s that almost bodied the comic book industry in its entirety, they cannot let go of the Richard Donner Superman because they all think that being some anti-hero is the eternal wave, and not strive for doing good. None of these DC heroes are perfect, but they understand that if they succumb to their vices and give into what people deem "cool" or "popular", you get the Injustice Superman. :picard:

I agree for the most part, I think though people forget that Donner's Superman was in 1978, and really the tone of the movie was "pure optimism"; a white man, having no problem integrating with a heavy white culture. He never questioned Humanity, he never felt truly alone.

Superman I feel was correctly fixed with Cavill. Sure he is white, but he also knows he is not Human, and no matter what he does... he knows he will never be Human. That's some serious depth, that while you pass off as one, you feel depressed knowing your different. And that with your powers, people will never see you... how you want to be seen, they will question you and at times hate you for whatever reason.

Yet it shows how Superman is suppose to feel, because you can be optimistic, but that optimism must have a grounded base; as Thanos said, "The Hardest of actions, requires the strongest of Wills."; Superman KNOWS he can end Humanity, yet he wants to help them and show them a better path.

And if Christopher Reeve was still alive, and he was a great actor, he would probably say that Superman now is a better representation of what it would be like to be Superman... and how he would act it out.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
More cap.. BECAUSE.. he didn't just turn into a 'drifter' searching for purpose. That was part of it but he NEVER stopped helping humans. Does the oil rig ring a bell to you??
Helping people? Only when it’s there’s a disaster.

You know Clark Kent helps people as a reporter 24/7 right?

It’s almost as if Snyder forgot Clark becomes Superman. Superman is an outgrowth of his experience in Smallville as Clark with the Kent’s.

You seem to be thinking I’m saying the drifter version is invalid. I’m not. I’m saying he didn’t tell that story. We just watched a dude drifting through life for 15 years directionless until it was forced on him.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
:mjlol: This kids going out sad and totally missing everyone’s point

Helping people? Only when it’s there’s a disaster.

You know Clark Kent helps people as a reporter 24/7 right?

It’s almost as if Snyder forgot Clark becomes Superman. Superman is an outgrowth of his experience in Smallville as Clark with the Kent’s.

You seem to be thinking I’m saying the drifter version is invalid. I’m not. I’m saying he didn’t tell that story. We just watched a dude drifting through life for 15 years directionless until it was forced on him.

im tired of typing. Screenrant already did this. Argue those points.. i bet you won't :manny::umad:

10 Ways Henry Cavill Is The Most Comics-Accurate Superman

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Superman I feel was correctly fixed with Cavill. Sure he is white, but he also knows he is not Human, and no matter what he does... he knows he will never be Human. That's some serious depth, that while you pass off as one, you feel depressed knowing your different. And that with your powers, people will never see you... how you want to be seen, they will question you and at times hate you for whatever reason.

Yet it shows how Superman is suppose to feel, because you can be optimistic, but that optimism must have a grounded base; as Thanos said, "The Hardest of actions, requires the strongest of Wills."; Superman KNOWS he can end Humanity, yet he wants to help them and show them a better path.

Say it again for the people in the bacc :wow: :wow:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Were Shang Chi and Eternals and Black Widow misses?

While I enjoyed all 3 movies, Black Widow and Eternals could be considered misses. I think Shang Chi overperformed based on the status of the character as completely unknown prior to the film.