Official The Batman Thread

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
that all sounds dope but his last "thoughts?" at the end is so stupid :russ:

"Hey internet, thoughts on a movie you haven't seen and what my source whom you don't know said about the movie?!"

back-to-the-future-marty-mc-fly.gif

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I think what we do here is different lol. and I'll explain why.

I can look at at trailer or read an interview and give my thoughts on pics or even an interview. or a casting choice. But I can't give my thoughts on what someone else said about some shyt I haven't seen. Specifically about it being controversial or divisive etc because I haven't seen it yet. So I'm effectively basing my opinion of something I haven't seen on the next person's opinion of something they did see. Does that make sense?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
So, we might get some Detective mode out of Batman in this one? :ehh: That's a great list of films to be in line with.

Nah we definitely are getting The World's Greatest Detective.. they haven't made that a secret... he's gonna be out there on his detective sh-t.

That's probably why the thing is 3 hours. He's tryna put the pieces together.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
that all sounds dope but his last "thoughts?" at the end is so stupid :russ:

"Hey internet, thoughts on a movie you haven't seen and what my source whom you don't know said about the movie?!"

That dude's been wrong before though... not sure how much is cap. He also said Marvel execs thought Eternals would be Oscar worthy... maybe that's true but hard to believe...

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
I’ll take a detective Batman who doesn’t need luscious fox or Alfred being the brains of the operation. That was the biggest problem for me with Nolan’s Batman. Take Fox away from bales Batman and all you’ve got is a richer Travis bickle with a black belt in ninjitsu ….

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That dude's been wrong before though... not sure how much is cap. He also said Marvel execs thought Eternals would be Oscar worthy... maybe that's true but hard to believe...
It’s not about wrong or right tho. Someone he knows saw the flick and thafs their opinion lol. What’s there to be wrong or right about?

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Nope. You just haven't read enough Superman. Go read some more and then get at me later on... There's more than just the Donner/Boy Scout iteration.
Man, get the hell outta here. I'm a Superman fan. LOL @ "you haven't read enough Superman" :mjlol:

The essence of Superman's character is exactly like @MartyMcFly described earlier in this thread. Also, Superman is generally supposed to be a "Boy Scout". However, Boy Scout doesn't mean "boring" or "perfect". Superman being "evil" or "brooding" is tolerable in VERY SMALL doses but that is not Superman's character AT ALL :camby:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Man, get the hell outta here. I'm a Superman fan. LOL @ "you haven't read enough Superman" :mjlol:

The essence of Superman's character is exactly like @MartyMcFly described earlier in this thread. Also, Superman is generally supposed to be a "Boy Scout". However, Boy Scout doesn't mean "boring" or "perfect". Superman being "evil" or "brooding" is tolerable in VERY SMALL doses but that is not Superman's character AT ALL :camby:
Yeah the Boy Scout shyt is merely because he chooses to be moral and do the right thing. It doesn’t mean he always wants to be moral and do the right thing lol. He gets angry. He gets sad. He gets lonely. How could he not?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Superman being "evil" or "brooding" is tolerable in VERY SMALL doses but that is not Superman's character AT ALL

Cap. How was he "evil" at any point in the movie? He was a young and conflicted Superman learning his powers/abilities and also trying to find his place in the world. He had never even been in a real confrontation yet..

All through that he is doing good around the world.. saving humans.. the guys on the oil rig etc.

He eventually finds his place and decides to stay and improve the world anyway he can. That's after he nearly dies protecting people who didn't want him there.

it's a little more grounded that a typical boy scout story arc from the 50s or 60s but it's in every way.... Superman. You lost.