Official The Batman Thread

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
True but ever since Batman & Robin, WB/DC has been terrified to portray Robin in live-action films.

Batman live-action films needs more Batfamily members, in my opinion. Batman can be serious/badass but still an actual human being with a personality. Batman live-action films have mostly steered away from that.
I think they're hesitant to give us a child/teenage Robin because it would look insane to have a child going out there fighting crime. With Spider-Man in the MCU, they could at least play it off that he has super powers but with Robin, he's just a highly trained child but a child nonetheless.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think they're hesitant to give us a child/teenage Robin because it would look insane to have a child going out there fighting crime. With Spider-Man in the MCU, they could at least play it off that he has super powers but with Robin, he's just a highly trained child but a child nonetheless.
Whatever the minimum Age they can get away with they should do. If Robin is 18 does it still look bad?

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
:mjlol: No it fukking isn't. Ppl have beem writing video essays on how bad the MoS portrayal of Superman was since it came out. WB could resurrect one of the worst superhero movies by funding 70 mil in reshoots and scene additions but can't make a MoS sequel:mjlol:
Shazam gets a sequel
We're getting a new alt verse Batman
Wonderman getting a 3rd after a mid asf sequel
Even Aquabro getting another shot
Now there's rumors of them going all in on a Latina Supergirl

:russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:
Somebody tell WB Superman is an IP that deserves another chance. Cuz they aint convinced.:russ::russ::russ:
It's a damn shame how WB treats Superman. Prior to the late 80s/early 90s, Superman was DC's top selling comic character. Henry Cavill WANTS to continue playing Superman. If they want to get away from the Snyderverse, just do a soft reboot of Superman but continue with Cavill.

Batgirl and Black Adam are getting solo flicks before my boy Superman gets another film. :wow:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
fukk Robin, his character only works in the comics. :hhh:
Based on what?! Chris O'Donnell and a movie terrible in every way besides his portrayal?
For their to even be a Batman type universe you have to do Robin. Grow some balls and do him justice. He only has to do it for like a movie or a movie and a half you can then get Nightwing poppin'!

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It's a damn shame how WB treats Superman. Prior to the late 80s/early 90s, Superman was DC's top selling comic character. Henry Cavill WANTS to continue playing Superman. If they want to get away from the Snyderverse, just do a soft reboot of Superman but continue with Cavill.

Batgirl and Black Adam are getting solo flicks before my boy Superman gets another film. :wow:
Cavill thinks he's a star that's a step below the Rock or something. When WB tried to get him in Shazam he asked for so much money they were like nevermind. That's why he's no longer Superman he and his management overplayed their hand to the point WB doesn't want dude back they want to recast.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I mean they could just make Robin be a 15/16 year old. Not like 10-12.

fukk Robin, his character only works in the comics. :hhh:
That's not true :gucci:

An 18 year old Robin might work.
True. Then, after a couple films, he becomes Nightwing.

18 might be a bit too old to start Robin out though.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cavill thinks he's a star that's a step below the Rock or something. When WB tried to get him in Shazam he asked for so much money they were like nevermind. That's why he's no longer Superman he and his management overplayed their hand to the point WB doesn't want dude back they want to recast.
Ok fair enough then recast Cavill. It's just crazy to me how they'll possibly reboot Superman with Supergirl or/and do an alternate earth Superman with Calvin Ellis but won't do another Clark Kent Superman.

I'm still waiting to see a live action Superman take on Parasite, Metallo, etc on film. :francis:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't think this movie is going to do a billion. It will definitely make bank though. I can see it doing 500-700 million.
Kevin Smith mentioned this on a podcast once. Hard to do a movie with a grown man making a kid fight crime lol. The best way to do it is the way the animated series did, which is just introduce robin as a 17/18 year old. But then you lose a lot of the dynamic that really makes that relationship great.

Superman and Lois shows it can be done. What makes superman interesting is the inner conflict. the desire to be good and be the best while fighting the impetus to not. Always exercising self control, while living with the reality that he'll never be able to save everyone. And that's heartbreaking for him

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Kevin Smith mentioned this on a podcast once. Hard to do a movie with a grown man making a kid fight crime lol. The best way to do it is the way the animated series did, which is just introduce robin as a 17/18 year old. But then you lose a lot of the dynamic that really makes that relationship great.
15/16 years old is a good starting point for live-action Robin. Then, after 2 films, he becomes Nightwing.

Superman and Lois shows it can be done. What makes superman interesting is the inner conflict. the desire to be good and be the best while fighting the impetus to not. Always exercising self control, while living with the reality that he'll never be able to save everyone. And that's heartbreaking for him
Wow, this is a perfect explanation of Superman's character :wow:

It's so sad that many people don't understand this and just think that Superman is "boring" or "too perfect" :wow:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Ok fair enough then recast Cavill. It's just crazy to me how they'll possibly reboot Superman with Supergirl or/and do an alternate earth Superman with Calvin Ellis but won't do another Clark Kent Superman.

I'm still waiting to see a live action Superman take on Parasite, Metallo, etc on film. :francis:
I don't like the Supergirl idea either. Just recast.
Regardless, this film/franchise is it's own thing. I hope they just keep it Batman/Gotham centric with Reeves' movies.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

In BTAS Robin was actually in college. They made sure to reference that on some of the episodes.