Official The Batman Thread

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
They had Cavill I’ll signed to three movies at least they could have fit MOS2 and JL under that.

If the movie made a billion like Aquaman they would have given him free reign like Wan and Jenkins got. Instead it was foot on neck season.

Suicide Squad flopped with great reviews for Gunn but Peacemaker is a hit with talk of season 2 and another spinoff series.

That’s what success looks like.

Because of JL and BVS debacle they had no idea what direction to take Superman in

The movie was a commercial success

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I didnt want to hate but 1.5B without China during a pandemic is really making other movies look bad ouchea. Thats a high ass bar....putting just a bit of pressure on DS2 and BP2.:lupe:

Doc Strange probably isn't hitting those numbers so I don't even see that as pressure. Strange isn't spider-man, regardless of the Marvel's overall popularity.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
dTmiwt2bAkbvhtAgPabgUL-1024-80.jpg.webp

h6Zbn2UZiNzFPfowffCuaL-970-80.jpg.webp

2C3ViC38zq3KRyEwZaYufL-970-80.jpg.webp

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Doc Strange probably isn't hitting those numbers so I don't even see that as pressure. Strange isn't spider-man, regardless of the Marvel's overall popularity.

Strange isnt touching Spiderman no how no way....... but to guarantee a quick Strange 3 which we want.....which we need.......I feel the bar has been raised a bit now. Its going to have to do a Billion....which it will.....Fingers crossed.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because of JL and BVS debacle they had no idea what direction to take Superman in

The movie was a commercial success
If they had faith in Superman as a character after Man of Steel they wouldn't have let Snyder kill him in BvS. Like you said, they were building a universe to try to compete with Marvel so they would want their prime time players front and center. They sacrificed Superman's potential for a universe because they didn't think he had much after his decisive solo movie.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
If they had faith in Superman as a character after Man of Steel they wouldn't have let Snyder kill him in BvS. Like you said, they were building a universe to try to compete with Marvel so they would want their prime time players front and center. They sacrificed Superman's potential for a universe because they didn't think he had much after his decisive solo movie.
Well, 'killing him' was a cheap move to garner sympathy since everyone knew he would rise from the dead in JL to be fair.
Some people love MoS, some think it's OK (me) and other people think it's trash. It was a divisive movie. And really they didn't do more with him because Cavill was trying to get paid after MoS & BvS to reprise the role. So there are outside factors why he didn't get that much burn as well.