Official The Batman Thread

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, personally, I want a more nuanced Batman than the live-action Batmen that we've gotten in the past 16 years. I'm sure that The Batman will be an OK movie but I wish that DC would switch it up.

Batman has been depicted in many different ways in the comics and in animation. Batman can be stoic but also humorous. He can be a badass but also silly/goofy sometimes. So on and so forth.

I wish that we could get to more of the detective/adventure side of Batman again more often (in both live-action and animation). Batman going on random adventures (sometimes with Robin, the Bat family and JL members tagging along) beating up villains.

I guess that's just me though :manny:
Nah it's definitely not just you, at the bolded, the problem with that sentence is we have yet to see that version of him show up at all in live action. It's just a brooding robotic, awkward man in a rubber black suit and not one director has swayed away from that version.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wish that we could get to more of the detective/adventure side of Batman again more often

Nah it's definitely not just you, at the bolded, the problem with that sentence is we have yet to see that version of him show up at all in live action.
Since the very beginning, this movie has been described as having Batman as a detective.:unimpressed:

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since the very beginning, this movie has been described as having Batman as a detective.:unimpressed:
We're not seeing any detective elements of Batman in the trailers. It looks more of the same of what we seen in every other Batman movie.
Same old tired dark filter, same ol rubber suit you couldn't tell it apart from the previous series.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
We're not seeing any detective elements of Batman in the trailers. It looks more of the same of what we seen in every other Batman movie.
Same old tired dark filter, same ol rubber suit you couldn't tell it apart from the previous series.

:gucci:

Did you not see him walking around with a flashlight looking of riddles along with a giant investigation chart on the floor

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
That's what this is :dahell:
Barely. Also, there's no adventure side to this movie.

Regardless, my main issue is the tone and aesthetic of the film. Its the same old, same old that we've seen for the past 33 years (except the Schumacher films).

I'm not saying that the movie will be bad or anything. However, Batman live-action films since 1989 (except the Schumacher films) have been primarily inspired by Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns comic.

I'm tired of that. There are other Batman adaptations and eras that they can draw inspiration from. Like I said in earlier posts, Bronze Age Batman in particular (Denny O'Neil, Neal Adams, Jim Aparo, etc), I want to see a more '70s/Bronze Age inspired Batman live-action film.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I've been trying to avoid any more spoilers and trailers, so I was a bit pissed to see a new Batman trailer tonight in front of the 355 film, but halfway through the trailer, I realized Matt Reeves has no intentions of spoiling anything. He just wants to reassure us that it's going to be good, and lord does it look fantastic. If I wasn't sold on the first trailer, this third trailer has me completely sold that this is going to be a great movie. I'm so hyped.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Nah it's definitely not just you, at the bolded, the problem with that sentence is we have yet to see that version of him show up at all in live action. It's just a brooding robotic, awkward man in a rubber black suit and not one director has swayed away from that version.

So the :dame: Schumacher movies just don't exist to you huh

Campy Batman is TRASH no one wants to see that. The kids have all gone over to Marvel brah, DC can keep everyone else light hearted and adventurous but the core Batman fan base is all grown as fukk, like 23 year olds AT THE YOUNGEST. Streets need a body, and the Batman ain't a killer but don't push him...

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Campy Batman is TRASH no one wants to see that. The kids have all gone over to Marvel brah, DC can keep everyone else light hearted and adventurous but the core Batman fan base is all grown as fukk, like 23 year olds AT THE YOUNGEST. Streets need a body, and the Batman ain't a killer but don't push him...
The frank Miller version of Batman is done to death. Each version is a rehash of the previous in terms of tone and look.

The Schumacher movies do not need to be mentioned as we know, they were awful.
As I and others have mentioned there is scope for the character to be different in his look and tone and still stay true to the source material.

Batman TAS amongst fans, the consensus is its the best version of the character on screen and that is vastly different to anything we have seen adapted in live action.
Can we get that?

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County

The Schumacher movies are trash. Also, me and @(ALi) AREN'T asking for "campy Batman".

We're asking for Bronze Age Batman (1970-1984). That era of comics depicted Batman as serious/badass/stoic but at the same time he had an actual personality, cracked jokes sometimes, did detective work often, went on adventures around the world, a father figure to Robin, etc. Some of the best Batman stories come from that era. Imagine a James Bond/Indiana Jones-style Batman film, that's kind of what it would be like. Wouldn't that be cool?

Also, we've never seen the iconic black and grey suit or the classic blue and grey suit in live-action. Batman has only been in all-black suits in live-action since 1989.