Official The Batman Thread

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Nah, personally, I want a more nuanced Batman than the live-action Batmen that we've gotten in the past 16 years. I'm sure that The Batman will be an OK movie but I wish that DC would switch it up.

Batman has been depicted in many different ways in the comics and in animation. Batman can be stoic but also humorous. He can be a badass but also silly/goofy sometimes. So on and so forth.

I wish that we could get to more of the detective/adventure side of Batman again more often (in both live-action and animation). Batman going on random adventures (sometimes with Robin, the Bat family and JL members tagging along) beating up villains.

I guess that's just me though :manny:

no fukk that

keep my batman :demonic:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
no fukk that

keep my batman :demonic:
That's been all of the live-action portrayals of Batman in the past 16 years and counting. Time for a switch up.

Also, like I said, he would still be "cool"/"badass"/'stoic" but also be an actual human with a personality. The Denny O'Neil/Neal Adams version of Batman from the '70s is way better than Frank Miller's Batman from TDKR (which is the influence for most live-action Batman depictions in the past 30 years) :manny:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Maybe the movie will be great but I just can’t buy this Robert Pattinson either as Bruce Wayne or even Batman. And what’s with that emo haircut as Bruce Wayne :hhh:

Even as Batman he looks too skinny in the batshyt making him look like he’s at some cosplay event. I hope I’m wrong but I feel like he’s been miscasted for this role.

@Bryan Danielson come make sense of this breh :lupe:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Maybe the movie will be great but I just can’t buy this Robert Pattinson either as Bruce Wayne or even Batman. And what’s with that emo haircut as Bruce Wayne :hhh:

Even as Batman he looks too skinny in the batshyt making him look like he’s at some cosplay event. I hope I’m wrong but I feel like he’s been miscasted for this role.

He’ll be fine….

He got prep time :mjgrin:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps

He was dope in Tenet my blackness won’t allow me to say he outshined young Denzel…..

But maybe :mjpls:

I think he will be fine

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As much as Reeves has put out there about what this is and what comics, and animated stuff this is based on, its interesting that so many still don't know what this is.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
As much as Reeves has put out there about what this is and what comics, and animated stuff this is based on, its interesting that so many still don't know what this is.
Because the trailers make it looks like a continuation of Nolan movies.

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I completely don't understand where this "grounded" batman shyt came from. I'm sorry the source material is from a COMIC. Batman is part of the justice league, he fights super natural villains. This grounded stuff dumb as fukk imo. You can keep similar concepts from the Nolan film and still add supernatural villains and also have comic batman exist. I just don't get the over thinking of this shyt, the fans never cried to the comic writers saying "we want a more grounded batman". So why the fukk hollywood felt the need to do so? We in 2022 with all type of cgi, special effects, etc give us a real fukking live action Batman movie. That's why I love what Snyder did, he had the right idea and gave us as close to comic batman as we have got on the big screen.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
They can do Robin in the Reeves movies, just don't have him starting out as a 12 year old like in the comics. Make him like 16. Still a kid but old enough to be somewhat realistic.

If the MCU can have a child be recruited by Tony Stark to go against his former friends in a superhero civil war, entrusted with advanced technology, fight an alien who wanted to wipe out half the universe, to fight two disgruntled guys who had beef with Stark, and to fight powerful villains from multiple universes, all before graduating high school, they can have a kid fight against the mafia, a homicidal clown, a dude with a fukked up face that has a personality disorder, a dude obsessed with riddles, and a crazy dude obsessed with Alice in Wonderland. :pachaha:

Also wait until the third movie or end of the second movie. The Batman takes place in Batman’s second year of fighting crime and Robin became his partner in his third year.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
That's been all of the live-action portrayals of Batman in the past 16 years and counting. Time for a switch up.

Also, like I said, he would still be "cool"/"badass"/'stoic" but also be an actual human with a personality. The Denny O'Neil/Neal Adams version of Batman from the '70s is way better than Frank Miller's Batman from TDKR (which is the influence for most live-action Batman depictions in the past 30 years) :manny:
Man I'm glad you brought this up. Batman is my favorite superhero of all time but I miss the late silver age/bronze age Batman. A character that was still a man at the end of the day. Intelligent but not a super genius. Prime athlete but could still get his ass beat and still needs to rest. Serious but could still be friendly with his sidekicks and fellow superheroes.

I've been reading a lot of older Batman stuff on the DC infinite app and the Batman from back in the day is a completely different person. The 90s animated series IMO really captured the spirit of Batman and is the best adaptation of Batman in media. Hell I would say it's better than most Batman comics in the past 20 years.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Man I'm glad you brought this up. Batman is my favorite superhero of all time but I miss the late silver age/bronze age Batman. A character that was still a man at the end of the day. Intelligent but not a super genius. Prime athlete but could still get his ass beat and still needs to rest. Serious but could still be friendly with his sidekicks and fellow superheroes.

I've been reading a lot of older Batman stuff on the DC infinite app and the Batman from back in the day is a completely different person. The 90s animated series IMO really captured the spirit of Batman and is the best adaptation of Batman in media. Hell I would say it's better than most Batman comics in the past 20 years.
Dap + Rep :salute:

Yeah, I agree with pretty much everything you said. We need a Batman and/or Justice League cartoon that has the tone of the DCAU but the aesthetic and character design of the Bronze Age :banderas:

Last edited: