Official The Batman Thread

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
This grounded shyt will be the death of the Batman franchise.

Completely, the premise is not realistic off jump, to lean into realism is just making the story/movie an upclimb battle. Batman attracts this edgelord like fanbase in love with realism it's weird. lol

100% agree. Its complete insanity.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Grounded from a guy running around wearing a batsuit fighting crime. Jesus what do i read on this site.
Calm down. You know the parameters. Even the comics give different style to characters by changing the visualization of the character.

The same Mister Miracle who is Darkseid’s son is also the one dealing with PTSD in suburbia in another.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I'm just talking about including Robin. Having a sidekick doesn't mess up the realism.
It does in the sense of how the threat is defined.

No one is batting an eye a Wanda’s kids fighting the military cause it’s a fantasy situation of mind control and witches.

Robin fighting a semi-Zodiac, bomber Riddler isn’t as fantasy as fighting a Riddler using a giant blender to suck peoples intelligence out through a tv.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I wish that WB/DC explored '70s Batman more.

TbVIy77.jpg

It seems as though that era of Batman is almost completely forgotten (I did like the animated movie Batman: Soul of the Dragon that came out in January). 1970s Batman was a nice balance between the campy Batman of the '60s and the dark & gritty Batman of the '80s to present. I also love the blue and grey suit of this era, it's a classic. Nowadays, they always have Batman in the all-black suit in live-action (not even the iconic black and grey suit).

They really need to switch things up. However, WB executives don't know to properly do anything relating to live-action films (for the most part).

Last edited:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Completely, the premise is not realistic off jump, to lean into realism is just making the story/movie an upclimb battle. Batman attracts this edgelord like fanbase in love with realism it's weird. lol
The Captain America movies balanced realism and fantastical really well so it can be done.
the batman films should be something like that imo just with a gothic aesthetic

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

TbVIy77.jpg

It seems as though that era of Batman is almost completely forgotten (I did like the animated movie Batman: Soul of the Dragon that came out in January). 1970s Batman was a nice balance between the campy Batman of the '60s and the dark & gritty Batman of the '80s to present. I also love the blue and grey suit of this era, it's a classic. Nowadays, they always have Batman in the all-black suit in live-action (not even the iconic black and grey suit).

They really need to switch things up. However, WB executives don't know to properly do anything relating to live-action films (for the most part).
Yes, this is my Batman. Would love to see the blue and grey in live action.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It does in the sense of how the threat is defined.

No one is batting an eye a Wanda’s kids fighting the military cause it’s a fantasy situation of mind control and witches.

Robin fighting a semi-Zodiac, bomber Riddler isn’t as fantasy as fighting a Riddler using a giant blender to suck peoples intelligence out through a tv.

Why do we have to cast someone underage? It doesn't have to be exactly like the comics. Use the good parts and change the problematic ones for the better. He doesn't have to be Bruce Wayne's ward either. Change that dynamic no one will care.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I agree with a lot of you guys about the grounded realism Batman. After the Matt Reeves approach, they should do a more MCU version so we can get more of the fantastical villains like Clayface, Killer Croc(synderverse I give credit for trying), Mr Freeze, Mad Hatter(a mind control Batman flick would be dope), Poison Ivy, Scarface(minor role as a villain). Also Robin deserves another shot too in a live action. Nolan really got some of you brehs in here thinking Robin is wack and not needed because the character did not fit his visions for his films. fukk a realism, these are comic book characters for fukking sake. MCU definitely do not have these issue.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL

TbVIy77.jpg

Been waiting for the blue and grey since Nolan jumped on board. We've had several film makers since but they insist on the boring rubber costume. Offers nothing aesthetically and limits each actors movements.

Last edited:

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with a lot of you guys about the grounded realism Batman. After the Matt Reeves approach, they should do a more MCU version so we can get more of the fantastical villains like Clayface, Killer Croc(synderverse I give credit for trying), Mr Freeze, Mad Hatter(a mind control Batman flick would be dope), Poison Ivy, Scarface(minor role as a villain). Also Robin deserves another shot too in a live action. Nolan really got some of you brehs in here thinking Robin is wack and not needed because the character did not fit his visions for his films. fukk a realism, these are comic book characters for fukking sake. MCU definitely do not have these issue.
X2. At this point I just wish Disney makes an offer to WB that they can't refuse.

Or we're going to get the same rehash version of the Nolan movies until the end of time.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
X2. At this point I just wish Disney makes an offer to WB that they can't refuse.

Or we're going to get the same rehash version of the Nolan movies until the end of time.

I agree, it seems like Snyder tried but WB too caught up in trying to duplicate Nolan vision with Batman. Nolans James Bond Batman worked for his vision.