Official The Batman Thread

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Why do we have to cast someone underage? It doesn't have to be exactly like the comics. Use the good parts and change the problematic ones for the better. He doesn't have to be Bruce Wayne's ward either. Change that dynamic no one will care.
Yeah it kind of does at least for me.

Two twenty something dudes teaming up to fight crime ain’t Batman and Robin. Part of the connection trying to not let the same thing emotionally happen to dikk as it did to Bruce.

Two grown men with the same damage and fighting skills is more Ken and Ryu than Batman and Robin.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I agree with a lot of you guys about the grounded realism Batman. After the Matt Reeves approach, they should do a more MCU version so we can get more of the fantastical villains like Clayface, Killer Croc(synderverse I give credit for trying), Mr Freeze, Mad Hatter(a mind control Batman flick would be dope), Poison Ivy, Scarface(minor role as a villain). Also Robin deserves another shot too in a live action. Nolan really got some of you brehs in here thinking Robin is wack and not needed because the character did not fit his visions for his films. fukk a realism, these are comic book characters for fukking sake. MCU definitely do not have these issue.
I think Reeves is going to put Robin in. If he can do a talking money war realistic, an acrobatic crime fighter is way easier.

Plus I think Superman and Wonder Woman exist already in this universe.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I hope so, I dont want this Reeves series come across as some sort of Nolan fan fiction.

I think the key is to maintain the emotional core of the characters.

Mr Freeze can be a guy wielding a freezing gun. Just emphasize the finding a cure for my wife over turning Gotham into a giant ice rink.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah it kind of does at least for me.

Two twenty something dudes teaming up to fight crime ain’t Batman and Robin. Part of the connection trying to not let the same thing emotionally happen to dikk as it did to Bruce.

Two grown men with the same damage and fighting skills is more Ken and Ryu than Batman and Robin.
It's another character that could lead to more compelling story lines. I want the story to advance, just seems like a nit pick to not do the character altogether? It's possible to write a compelling reason why a younger guy would team up with someone older it's not like uncommon. Business wise it also opens up a possible Nightwing franchise for WB/DC.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
It's another character that could lead to more compelling story lines. I want the story to advance, just seems like a nit pick to not do the character altogether? It's possible to write a compelling reason why a younger guy would team up with someone older it's not like uncommon. Business wise it also opens up a possible Nightwing franchise for WB/DC.
it’s definitely possible

The thing I’ve learned from Marvel’s twenty plus movie success vs DC’s just wing it mentality is, if the comics have figured out the dynamics that work and resonate, just trust the work that has already been done for you. Don’t try and make a new Lex or not use the origin of Cheetah in any way.

Nightwing is a product of Batman/Robin and Teen Titans years.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel showed 2 separate ways that Batman and Robin can be done in a more realistic way.
Captain America and Bucky used to have that dynamic in the early comics. Marvel changed it so their history was different and they were adult best friends who ended up partners in the war that removed the silliness of the sidekick dynamic.

The other way is how they did Spider-Man. They made him 16 and cast him to look 16. He came in skilled but with a lot to learn. He went through a lot and had a mentorship relationship with Ironman. By the 3rd movie he's an adult about to breakout on his own, Ala Nightwing. If you have Robin's parents die when he is old enough to look like he could fight in his acrobatic way but young enough to need a parental figure/mentor then it can work.

The problem they had with the only real Robin on screen is they cast an obvious grown man to be adopted by another grown man.:dame:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Marvel showed 2 separate ways that Batman and Robin can be done in a more realistic way.
Captain America and Bucky used to have that dynamic in the early comics. Marvel changed it so their history was different and they were adult best friends who ended up partners in the war that removed the silliness of the sidekick dynamic.

The other way is how they did Spider-Man. They made him 16 and cast him to look 16. He came in skilled but with a lot to learn. He went through a lot and had a mentorship relationship with Ironman. By the 3rd movie he's an adult about to breakout on his own, Ala Nightwing. If you have Robin's parents die when he is old enough to look like he could fight in his acrobatic way but young enough to need a parental figure/mentor then it can work.

The problem they had with the only real Robin on screen is they cast an obvious grown man to be adopted by another grown man.:dame:
Also, the franchise was old and stale by the time they got around to Robin. Movie doesn't have a lot of redeeming qualities at all really.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
720-FA447-DB23-4-E89-BD93-DD896-B15490-F.jpg

16-EC3755-6-F71-448-A-9-D97-3-C87-B7-A9644-D.jpg

F41-EACE9-29-E6-49-F0-9379-63-DB55360372.jpg

CF3-BCCE6-DE0-C-4634-BBF3-8-E828-B32018-A.jpg

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Lames want that MCU cheesy movie with them corny poses. This is The Dark Knight, not just another Disney puppet.
Nah, personally, I want a more nuanced Batman than the live-action Batmen that we've gotten in the past 16 years. I'm sure that The Batman will be an OK movie but I wish that DC would switch it up.

Batman has been depicted in many different ways in the comics and in animation. Batman can be stoic but also humorous. He can be a badass but also silly/goofy sometimes. So on and so forth.

I wish that we could get to more of the detective/adventure side of Batman again more often (in both live-action and animation). Batman going on random adventures (sometimes with Robin, the Bat family and JL members tagging along) beating up villains.

I guess that's just me though :manny: