Official The Batman Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Man are you going to be a troll and contradict everything i say in comic book threads now because you have a comic book character in your avatar?

Catwoman is a flop. You’re perception of which comic book characters are popular are off.

You saying catwoman is one of the most popular comic book characters in history is only sucking dikk. Her solo movie flopped to hell. 100mil budget, 80mil gross. The world disagrees with you.
I’m not trolling. What you said was silly.
It’s Catwoman. She’s one of the most popular characters ever. The movie made that money in 2004 because word of mouth was awful. But I can go to anyone on the street and show them that character and they know who it is. They have an opinion. It’s a character who is glued into pop culture since the 60s. My grandmother knows who Catwoman is. There’s a reason she gets her own animated movies, comics, and features prominently in other comics and animated shows.

If “the world” really disagreed with me, then none of that would be the case.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Why is the intelligence level here so low? You are taking what I said and twisting it around.

The poster I quoted stated that Catwoman is one of the most popular comic book characters in history. I then responded by posting what a catwoman solo film did. 100mil budget, 80mil gross. That movie lost 20mil dollars.

Both Hulk solo movies did ATLEAST 100mil more than it’s budget.

Please take a sip of coffee and think before you post.

Edit:Surely one of the “most popular comic book characters in history” should be able to turn a profit at the box office, right?

You’re creating two different criteria.

A popular hero should make a profit? Which neither Hulk did.

But Hulk is okay cause it crossed 100 million but only lost 5million?

So as long as a new Catwoman makes 100 million it makes our point even if it loses 20 million?

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
I think I can go out on on limb and say this will be the best looking Batman film yet!

Cinematography is:ohlawd:

This intrigued me. I’m digging the filmmaking here. I gotta see this on the actual silver screen

Saw the 2nd or new trailer in one of those Dolby cinemas and the sound is amazing on the main theme. Just rumblessssssssss and makes you giggle a little.

Looked at the Mrs and she had a lil smile on her face and she’s not even a huge movie goer.

Yea saw it before Spider-Man in the Dolby joint as well. Watching the trailer in that setting would definitely illicit a :ehh: even if you weren’t thinking about seeing no damn Batman

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK

So as long as a new Catwoman makes 100 million it makes our point even if it loses 20 million?

this the stupidest shyt bro. Son stop tagging me please.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
It’s Catwoman. She’s one of the most popular characters ever. The movie made that money in 2004 because word of mouth was awful. But I can go to anyone on the street and show them that character and they know who it is. They have an opinion. It’s a character who is glued into pop culture since the 60s. My grandmother knows who Catwoman is. There’s a reason she gets her own animated movies, comics, and features prominently in other comics and animated shows.

Stop moving goal post.You said “Catwoman is one of the most popular comic book characters in history”. That is false. Her solo flicked flop. It flopped because nobody is trying to see Catwoman. How you one of the most pooular comic charcters ever yet you cant turn a profit at the box office?

The same stupid shyt you are saying about Catwomen, I can say about Robin. She’s recognizable, not one of the most popular comic book characters ever by any stretch.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Your 100% right bro.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Stop moving goal post.You said “Catwoman is one of the most popular comic book characters in history”. That is false. Her solo flicked flop. It flopped because nobody is trying to see Catwoman. How you one of the most pooular comic charcters ever yet you cant turn a profit at the box office?

The same stupid shyt you are saying about Catwomen, I can say about Robin. She’s recognizable, not one of the most popular comic book characters ever by any stretch.
Let me just jump ahead since I know how this goes with you. I’ll say more evidence you’ll bring out counter evidence and and then beg for me to bring something that you deem credible. No matter what I say you’ll say I’m wrong and then go on and on about it for pages.

So I’ll just say “you got it homie” and leave it at that.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

She is:heh:Catwoman is one of his most famous villains on top of being major cosplay usage by women:dead:There's a reason she's been utilized in different shows as well as multiple films:dead:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

His statement was that they made $100 million more than their budget. So that would be considered profitable, even if they were disappointing.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Let me just jump ahead since I know how this goes with you. I’ll say more evidence you’ll bring out counter evidence and and then beg for me to bring something that you deem credible. No matter what I say you’ll say I’m wrong and then go on and on about it for pages.

So I’ll just say “you got it homie” and leave it at that.

You provided no evidence except your own personal opinions. You don’t argue facts, just emo shyt like a girl.

You’re in a batman movie thread saying catwomen of all people is one of the most popular comic book characters in history. And yet a catwoman movie flopped to high hell.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You provided no evidence except your own personal opinions. You don’t argue facts, just emo shyt like a girl.

You’re in a batman movie thread saying catwomen of all people is one of the most popular comic book characters in history. And yet a catwoman movie flopped to high hell.
I argued facts. Facts other cats agree with. You took one movie from 04 without context and said “yup that’s the only fact I need” and will argue that point into the ground. You did the same thing in the other thread despite the numerous facts thrown at you.

your point is no one cares about Catwoman. That’s laughable for all the reasons I said, that @Ironman said and I’m betting anyone else says. Your issue is when shyt disagrees with your narrative, a narrative you base on your worldview mind you, then the shyt is wrong.

If you really want to believe that you’re end all be all knowledge impresario of this shyt, that’s cool. Like I said, you got it. I’m not going back and forth breh. Especially when I saw this movie before and I wasn’t a fan.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Americans reveal their favorite superhero

A survey of 2,000 Americans pinpointed respondents’ favorite heroes and Superman led the pack with 47 percent of the vote.
Joker topped the list of villains (31 percent), with Catwoman (26 percent) and Venom (23 percent) rounding out the top three.

Is Punisher not a popular character because the movie that came out in 2008 flopped:unimpressed:

Superman IV flopped but no one would say that he's not a popular character.

They've been putting Catwoman in tv shows, movies, and video games since the 60s, but she's not popular:unimpressed: