Official The Batman Thread

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Robin doesn't translate well to the big screen, if anything it has to be either Grayson or Damian and for Damian to work we need a Ras and Talia arc first
I would start with not have him wearing a acrobatic body suit and being labeled as Bruce’s ‘ward’ with Bruce looking a few years older

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
I would start with not have him wearing a acrobatic body suit and being labeled as Bruce’s ‘ward’ with Bruce looking a few years older

Yea they gotta do away with that classic Red and Green look. My favorite Robin suit is the OG Tim Drake Red Black and Yellow but I also like Nightwing with the Red emblem instead of Blue and Black (which is fine either way).

I know the whole Robin thing comes from Bruce's need to recreate his family, but it doesn't make sense for him to recreate a son when it's his parents that he lost imo. I've always felt confused as to why Bruce feels Nightwing is his son when he's age wise more like a younger brother, it's probably the Timmverse that fukked me up on that.

Bruce is like 37 by the time Damian shows up so realistically how long do these Robin partnerships last? 3-5 years tops? It's not gonna work in these hyper realistic films. Batfleck could've done it, but Battinson is gonna be like those early BTAS episodes where its just Bruce, Alfred, Gordon, and maybe Selina against the world

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A bytch that's a highly trained martial artist and cat burglar committing crimes as an antagonist/romantic interest vs a boy that the protagonist randomly decides to adopt and raise as his own son, yet he puts him in highly dangerous situations and actually doesn't really care that much because he adopts three other boys and makes them do the same shyt. Robin was created to sell toys to kids bro, solo Batman >>>
Breh, imagine if Elon Musk just started appearing everywhere with a 12 year old boy he randomly adopted.:gucci:

Then started sending him on rocket launches:russ:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Breh, imagine if Elon Musk just started appearing everywhere with a 12 year old boy he randomly adopted.:gucci:

Then started sending him on rocket launches:russ:

:mjlol::mjlol: it's EXACTLY like that, it's fukking stupid.

I know Damian Wayne as a character isn't everybody's favorite Robin, but he makes the most sense to introduce in the films if they're trying to take themselves seriously. Talia trifling af too, millions of men could relate to Batman having an ain't shyt bm :ohhh:

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Saw the 2nd or new trailer in one of those Dolby cinemas and the sound is amazing on the main theme. Just rumblessssssssss and makes you giggle a little.

Looked at the Mrs and she had a lil smile on her face and she’s not even a huge movie goer.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Not buying Pattinson as Bruce Wayne but he looks good as the Caped crusader.

Last edited:

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
That works for Batman. Doing that for Superman?! :childplease:
You are right, but I still loved it for most in Man of Steel. The problem is not having a balance and letting it flow. The action scenes and serious moments is when that type of cinematography really shines for DC movies. It does not work in the beginning of the movie when there is no immediate threat, especially not for Superman. That is the problem.

Also all the closeup shots to make the characters seem bigger than everything else and shyt in DC movies be fire :wow:

Last edited:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
A bytch that's a highly trained martial artist and cat burglar committing crimes as an antagonist/romantic interest vs a boy that the protagonist randomly decides to adopt and raise as his own son, yet he puts him in highly dangerous situations and actually doesn't really care that much because he adopts three other boys and makes them do the same shyt. Robin was created to sell toys to kids bro, solo Batman >>>

No. Miss me with this trying to make sense of comic book character origins shyt.

Do you honestly care about/want to see catwoman more than a gritty version of the dynamic duo? You are basically saying you’d rather see batman kiss on screen than fukk shyt up with Robin?

Not only that but TDKR sucked dikked and the presence of catwoman had a lot to do with that.

The fact that we’ve had catwoman more than Robin in batman films will never sit right with me.

Last edited:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Going to be really geeky here lol but robin was mostly created to give Batman someone to talk to. Bill Finger was getting bored and needed someone for Batman to bounce off, and add some levity.

And of course, to get more kids to buy the comics lol.

Also, to your other point, Catwoman is one of the most popular comic book characters in history:russ: for anyone to say "nobody cares about her" means they're smoking the best weed known to man.

Man are you going to be a troll and contradict everything i say in comic book threads now because you have a comic book character in your avatar?

Catwoman is a flop. You’re perception of which comic book characters are popular are off.

You saying catwoman is one of the most popular comic book characters in history is only sucking dikk. Her solo movie flopped to hell. 100mil budget, 80mil gross. The world disagrees with you.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
You saying catwoman is one of the most popular comic book characters in history is only sucking dikk. Her solo movie flopped to hell. 100mil budget, 80mil gross. The world disagrees with you.
By this logic Hulk is more unpopular than Catwoman cause the Ang Lee movie flopped and the Incredible Hulk flopped.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
By this logic Hulk is more unpopular than Catwoman cause the Ang Lee movie flopped and the Incredible Hulk flopped.

Why is the intelligence level here so low? You are taking what I said and twisting it around.

The poster I quoted stated that Catwoman is one of the most popular comic book characters in history. I then responded by posting what a catwoman solo film did. 100mil budget, 80mil gross. That movie lost 20mil dollars.

Both Hulk solo movies did ATLEAST 100mil more than it’s budget.

Please take a sip of coffee and think before you post.

Edit:Surely one of the “most popular comic book characters in history” should be able to turn a profit at the box office, right?